Modifications Development & PresentationShowcase your StarCraft II map or mod to get constructive criticism, new ideas and maybe even people to work with! Whenever possible, recruit your personnel inside the thread or through visitor or private messages!
I present to you all Supreme Commander, an adaption to the massive RTS game Supreme Commander & Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Supreme Commander is focused on using an Armored Command Unit (or ACU) to build a base, then upgrading units to reach higher technology tiers, and conquering opponents.
All units and structures belong to one of four technology tiers, or "Tech" levels, each tier being stronger and/or more efficient than the previous. Certain lower-tier structures can be upgraded into higher ones without having to rebuild them. The first tier is available at the start of the game and consists of small, relatively weak units and structures. The second tier expands the player's abilities greatly, especially in terms of stationary weapons and shielding, and introduces upgraded versions of tier one units. The third tier level has very powerful assault units designed to overcome the fortifications of the most entrenched player. The fourth tier is a limited range of "experimental" technology. These are usually massive units which take a lot of time and energy to produce, but provide a significant tactical advantage.
Supreme Commander uses only two resources, Mass and Energy, to produce units. To acquire mass you must construct Mass Extractors on Mass Deposits, several of which are located nearby, others you must expand your base to control. A secondary way to acquire mass is through the construction of Mass Fabricators, these method however is inefficient as there is a rather large amount of energy used to produce mass through these structures. It is also worth noting that Mass Fabricators are volatile, in that they explode when destroyed, damaging all nearby units.
To produce Energy you must construct Power Generators, all generators are volatile as well so be careful when constructing these as you may want to keep them apart from your high-value structures while still keeping them protected from an opponent who seeks to damage your economy.
III) Victory & Defeat
Victory is rewarded to the player who is able to conquer all other players on the map.
You are defeated when your A.C.U. is destroyed in battle.
This map is based off both Supreme Commander & it's expansion Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.
SEARCH FOR: Supreme Commander [Scorch]
*Available on NA servers.
Features I was not able to implement from the original game:
* Adjacency system for economic structures.
* Was only able to half-implement the resource income/cost system.
* There is only one race implemented as there are not nearly enough units to complete all 3 races.
Credits to Gas Powered Games for creating the original Supreme Commander game and inspiring this project.
* The T2 & T3 Artillery Installations are now buildable. These were included but were not placed in the command cards of their builders.
* The T3 Air Factory no longer has a hotkey conflict when attempting to build T2 units rapidly.
* The S.A.C.U. can no properly build T3 Structures, there was a small command card conflict that would not allow them to show properly.
V1.3 / V1.4 / V1.5
* All air units now have a crash effect when killed, credits to HellGateSc2 on SC2Mapster for creating this system.
* The T2 Heavy Tank: Pillar now has a proper sight radius of 4.4.
* Units that are under construction when the owning player's ACU is destroyed are destroyed instantly.
* Added a leaderboard to the map, credits to Dest1nyCP on SC2Mapster.
V1.7 / V1.8
* Fixed a major glitch in which resources were extremely high at the beginning of the game.
* Glitch that put every player on the same team should now be fixed.
* Increased the movement speed of all T1/2/3 land units by 20%.
* Increased the movement speed of the ACU and SACU by 50%.
* Increased the movement speed of the T1 Air Scout by 50%.
* Fixed the cost of the T1 Air Scout.
* Volatile buildings will no longer deal damage to nearby units/structures on death when they are still under construction.
* Increased the mass production of T1 Mass Extractors by 1.
* Increased the mass production of T2 Mass Extractors by 3, energy cost increased by 3 as well.
* The map has had a massive overhaul to the terrain, this was mainly do to complaints that some units were difficult to see and that the map was a little bland.
* It is no longer possible to build Mass Extractors and Hydrocarbon Plants on top of each other indefinitely.
* Changed the cost of the T2 Combat Fighter to 175/5250, down from 200/6000. This was done to give players a more effective counter to T2 Fighter/Bombers.
* The EX Gunship: Soul Ripper no longer will auto target allied air units.
* The CZAR's AA attack has seen an upgrade.
* The Megalith's AA attack has seen an upgrade.
V2.0 / V2.1 / V2.2
* The T1 Artillery: Lobo & T2 Artillery: Klink Hammer now only deal 100% damage to one unit, splash damage is only 25%, and these units may also no longer deal splash damage vs. buildings.
* Shield Generators are no longer invulnerable, a patch that occured during my leave from SC2 broke the trigger managing these structures. In order to correct it I had to nerf shields slightly in that they now absorb 90% of the damage a shielded unit would take.
* All ground units move 20% faster.
* T1 & T2 Radars now behave similar to Sensor Towers in SP, the T3 Omni Sensor still reveals it's entire AoE radius.
* Player 1 now is able to set extra rules for the game (No air, No experimentals, No Shields, Extra game speed.)