• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Real Zombie Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Last Survivors (Subject to Change)

hey guys, it's been a while, but i haven't been dead or sleeping this whole time.
I just recently self-proclaimed myself decent enough at the galaxy editor, after many failed map making attempts (of which have been good for practice), to become pretty familiar with it's mechanics. I have summoned the courage to showcase what I have been working on for about a year now.

What this is, is a zombie map, inspired by Valve's popular, "Left 4 Dead" franchise. What my aims for this game was to create a very detailed environment, to add depth and realism. Along with exciting things to find, and randomized events that is also similar to Blizzard's "Diablo" franchise.

This is not a typical RPG, there are no levels or stats or anything, but rather, with elements similar to Valve's popular "Counter-strike" there will be items of survival, both in terms of weapons and armor, along with secret items that may only be obtained by certain means.

As you progress, so does the storyline. You will start out with pretty broad information about the situation, and details will fill in the gaps as you advance. By the end of the game (assuming you can beat it) you should have a deeper understanding of what has happened, and how you have reached a conclusion to the story.

Details:
+The game involves up to 6 players (subject to change) working together, and hopefully a Versus mode in the future (Humans vs. Zombies), 3 on 3.
+The attacking system involves mouse location and bullet collision. Basically, just like in Warcraft III custom map "Elimination Tournament".
+The currency is "Skulls" gained from killing zombies, used to purchase weapons in the starting shop
+You get two weapons in this game: a Main, and a Pistol. Your main weapon is usually the most powerful, and will be used the most frequently, however it will have ammo. There is no reloading in this game, only ammo. Ammo has a chance to drop from zombies in packs of 25, 50, or 100. Pistols have unlimited ammo but are usually weaker and have less range than your main weapon
+Most objects in the game will not allow to be able to be shot through and thus makes positioning very important for survival.
+The weapons so far have varying bullet speeds, rate of fire, damage, clip-size, range, and accuracy.
+I will introduce other special gun types that will be available only through secrets such as Missile Launcher, Flamethrower, and Zombie Manipulator
+Zombies will be scattered across the map as well as a periodic spawning around all players
+Special zombies will also have a chance to spawn in this period
+camera angle is default, omniscient pov, and players should be able to see one another, except if one is inside a building.
+kills are counted and shown in a leaderboard
+special zombie bounty is evenly distributed among players
+the attacking system goes as follows:
point your mouse in any direction, hotkey: 'A' will fire your gun in that direction, and you are able to fire while moving. Press hotkey: 'Q' to alternate between your main weapon and pistol.
('A' is able to be held down for rapid fire succession)

i will likely add more features in the characters to add more depth
some ideas in mind:
+walk/run (walking will lower enemies' aquire range, running is default);
+grenades (parabola/bounce movers, or different grenade types, Molotov, land mines, trip wires, etc.

What to Expect:
There will be MANY enemies in this game, to really satisfy that mass murdering feeling, as well as special enemies (L4D style) with different abilities, larger health pools, more damage, etc. enemies will also periodically get stronger by means of increased spawn amount, improved health pools, chance for special zombies to spawn, etc. these upgrades will not happen simultaneously. By the end-stages of the game, you should feel pretty powerful, having items that you gathered from finding secret weapons and armor. Because the zombies scale slowly, but largely, it is important to be prepared by the end in order to win. Every player will need different roles to efficiently traverse through the game. What this means is that there will be a need for weapon diversity. Many zombies will have weaknesses and strengths, so it is important to diversify your team's equipment. (however some secret weapons will probably help throughout the game, but can only exist on one player; assuming you find them:wink:)

Screenshots of Playable Terrain:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reminder that all these areas depicted are playable terrains and are in no particular order to the storyline.
Any 'Mules' shown are temporary placeholders for collision-based environments.

Estimates:
Terrain: 100%
Triggering: 70%
Items: 75%
Characters/Enemies: 93%
Boss Battles: 10%
Storyline: 20%

Total: 69%

Thank you for your interest.
:fp:Comments/Feedback?

Attachments

• Storage Room.jpg
    Storage Room.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 2,382
  • Neighborhood.jpg
    Neighborhood.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 2,384
  • Pub.jpg
    Pub.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 2,340
  • School Entrance.jpg
    School Entrance.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 2,401
Last edited:
thanks for the feedback, i already have many ideas on the finished terrain, but it does take a lot of time considering that i have to make all the collision correspond to it.
i should have mentioned a few details about gameplay,

+camera angle is default, omniscient pov, and players should be able to see one another, except if one is inside a building.
+kills are counted and shown in a leaderboard
+special zombie bounty is evenly distributed among players
+the attacking system goes as follows:
point your mouse in any direction, hotkey: 'A' will fire your gun in that direction, and you are able to fire while moving. Press hotkey: 'Q' to alternate between your main weapon and pistol.
('A' is able to be held down for rapid fire succession)

i will likely add more features in the characters to add more depth
some ideas in mind:
+walk/run (walking will lower enemies' aquire range, running is default);
+grenades (parabola/bounce movers, or different grenade types, Molotov, land mines, trip wires, etc.
but what i really wanted were special weapons that were fun to use, and unique, aside from the default ones.
again, I am still far from completion so
Ideas are always welcome :thumbs_up:

Introducing...
The Survivor
attachment.php

Basics/Stats
+100 starting health, 2.25 movement speed, 0 regeneration, 0 armor
+Can equip and alternate between two weapons: pistol and main-firearm
+Can acquire numerous upgrades to suit: health, armor, regenerative properties, etc.
+Can fire in any direction while moving

Abilities
+[a] Attack: Fires your weapon in the direction of your mouse. (Main-firearms will use up ammo (gas) while pistols do not)
+[t] Call MTU (Mechanical Transport Unit): Calls for a MTU to pick you up and drop you off back at the Cantina. Walk back onto the MTU pad to return to your current location. (Leaving the Cantina will erase location data.)
+[q] Switch Weapon: Switches between your main-firearm and your pistol

Attachments

• Survivor.png
    Survivor.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,499
Introducing...
The Infected
attachment.php

Your average infected zombie. These guys are the fodder and bulk of what you kill around here. Their strength comes with numbers.

Basics/Stats
+8 starting health, 2 movement speed
+Rewards 1 skull on kill

No Abilities
attachment.php

Swarmers periodically spawn worms that will "Swarm" their target, causing them to be pretty high priority targets. The worms will get in your way when you are trying to shoot a higher priority target. They may be easy to walk over, but that doesn't mean they don't hurt.

Basics/Stats
+120 starting health, 2 movement speed
+Rewards 80 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Spawn Swarmlings: Their attacks mimic the Broodlord, spawning little worms to fight for them

attachment.php

These hectic fellas will run in random patterns, making them harder to shoot than regular zombies. They also wield a painful shiv that causes their targets to bleed, slowing and dealing damage over a short period of time. They are also the fastest of the zombie types.

Basics/Stats
+100 starting health, 4.5 movement speed
+Rewards 90 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Bleed: Their attacks will bleed their targets, slowing their movement speed and dealing damage over a short period of time. Stacks up to 5 times

attachment.php

Heavy but deadly, Gassers emit a deadly poison that surround them entirely. Getting to close to these monstrosities will result in serious injury to bio-organisms. They are not fast, but do take a lot of damage.

Basics/Stats
+200 starting health, 1.8 movement speed
+Rewards 150 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Gaseous Fumes: Periodically deals damage to nearby targets. Targets closer to the Gasser will be dealt extra damage. Gaseous fumes leave a 3 second trail

attachment.php

Leapers are small, but pack a punch. When in proximity, they will leap toward their target, dealing extra damage and stunning it. Their small stature and high speed make them difficult to target.

Basics/Stats
+45 starting health, 2.5 movement speed
+Rewards 50 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Leap: lunges toward target from a distance of approximately 4, dealing extra damage and stunning for 2 seconds

attachment.php

You do not want to run into one of these alone. Massive strength and speed make this zombie an admirable adversary. Their strikes are so strong, they will knock back any unit within the blast radius (including other zombies).

Basics/Stats
450 starting health, 2.4 movement speed
+Rewards 250 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Hulker Pound: Attacks will knock back targets within it's range
+Hulker Rage: When the Hulker loses health, he gains speed, up to a maximum of 4.4 movement speed

Notice: Not Actual Sizes
Notice: Only special infected will show their healthbars

Attachments

• The Mass.png
    The Mass.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 5,477
  • The Swarmer.png
    The Swarmer.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,201
  • The Psycho.png
    The Psycho.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,828
  • The Gasser.png
    The Gasser.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 2,719
  • The Leaper.png
    The Leaper.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,778
  • The Hulker.png
    The Hulker.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,538
Last edited:
Introducing...
Items

First things first,
attachment.php

Your ARM Gun is specially designed to break down ordinary weapons and use their components to imbue itself with their traits and abilities. This means that the wielder can use any weapon in the portability of the same gun. The double chambers allow for two separate weapon type arrangements, specifically, a main weapon, and a pistol. Because it "absorbs" weapons inside itself, all ammo used is the same, and comes in energy pellets, the carbon based bullet. Pistols use so little of this energy that it's ammo consumption is insignificant, and is nearly unlimited.

Ammo
attachment.php

Energy pellets come in packs of 25, 50, and 100.
They can be extracted from perfect samples of bio-materials (A.k.a dead zombies)

Weapons
attachment.php

Weapons are bought from Butch, owner of the pub. However other items can be found in supply boxes and other secret areas.
There are currently 10 different weapons (and many many more to come)

Medkits
attachment.php

Your suits will take damage, and when they do, you're going to need a way to repair them.
Medkits are used to replace damaged parts of your suit, up to a certain perfection. Because any damage that can be inflicted does not shape in a puzzle piece formation, repairs are never perfect.
Medkits come in 70%, 80%, and 90% efficiency (healing a % of life lost)
They can be extracted from perfect samples of bio-materials (A.k.a dead zombies)

Attachments

• Ammo.png
    Ammo.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,177
  • Medkit.png
    Medkit.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,141
  • Weapons.png
    Weapons.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,226
  • ARM Gun.png
    ARM Gun.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 2,678
Level 4
you should put these zombies:
Siren
Siren.png
It has no attack, but it has a summoning ability - it screams upon spotting a survivor, thus alerting and attracting zombies for blocks around.
HP-- 220
Mana(or whatever your map will be using)-- 450

Brute
Brute.png

Explodes upon death. The blast radius is comparable to that of a grenade launcher. Close quarters combat is unadvised. If you don't have ammo, play keep-away with it, and stay far. Once you're a good distance away, loot for ammo. You can kill it "safely" once you have some.
HP-450
DMG- 28-34
Explode DMG- 350
Ability- Disease

BOSS:
Burning Titan:
Burning_Titan.png

Exposure to fire has ramped up this zombie's strength to levels far greater than those of their non-burning counterparts. Scientists hypothesize that the fire caused the virus to accelerate and mutate the bones into a dense, formidable armored shell. The extreme heat radiating from its burning body also increases the damage it deals.
He is Fast But not good at accelerating.(he must stop to attack)
HP: 25000
DMG: 200
EDIT: and boss zombie would drop armor or weapon that surivor can use
That is from game Dead Frontier...

Last edited:
New Challengers...
attachment.php

Just a little bit stronger than the other Mass zombies, these zombies are just here to diversify the killing fodder.

Basics/Stats
+10 starting health, 2 movement speed
+Rewards 1 skull on kill

No Abilities

attachment.php

Dangerous when close, these Poppers will deal large amounts of damage if killed next to you. Their bodies are filled with pockets of acidic fluids that can corrode your suit.

Basics/Stats
+140 starting health, 2.4 movement speed

Abilities
+Popping Fluids: Every time the popper receives damage, it will release a Poppling, which is capable of moving towards survivors and exploding on them
+Pop: when the popper dies, a platitude of popplings will escape and explode on survivors

attachment.php

The Specters are difficult to attack, and can cause some trouble if surrounded by many other zombies.

Basics/Stats
+90 starting health, 1.5, 4 movement speed unphased and phased respectively

Abilities
+Phase: Periodically phases in and out of combat, making it invisible and untargetable while phased.
+Ghost: Can move through any terrain

Other Updates:
+2 new weapons
+Sniper vision system implemented
+Gasser now rewards 150 skulls on kill
+Revamped (and fixed) Zombie Spawning
+Added Increased Special Infected Spawn Chance to the zombie aggression upgrades

Disclaimer: Walkers do not walk, they are the same speed as The Mass Zombies.

Attachments

• The Walkers.png
    The Walkers.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 3,016
  • The Popper.png
    The Popper.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,920
  • The Specter.png
    The Specter.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,233
Last edited:
New Challenger...
attachment.php

Scientists who have become too obsessed with the study of the infection have either gone mad or have been infected themselves. These Mad Scientists are inclined to believe that these viruses are a super being, and should become the medium of the world. They have samples of the virus and form their own bodies into zombies.

Basics/Stats
+25 starting health, 1 movement speed
+Rewards 50 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Explosive Concoction: Mad Scientists can throw their concoctions at Survivors which contain damaging chemicals
+Zombify: Once a Mad Scientist drinks a sample of virus, he will become corrupted, and transform into a random special zombie type. Takes an average 7 seconds to form, stats are carried from the new unit, Stronger special zombies take longer to form, weaker ones shorter.

New Frontier:

attachment.php

Updated the road railing
attachment.php

The Overpass is walkable over and under simultaneously, shooting zombies from the top will not hit zombies under
Other cars will be randomized in via triggers

Other Updates:
+Fixed Suicide AI
+Bullet collision sizes reworked for faster bullet velocities
+Fixed Pistol Switch cooldown abusing
+Made Trees bigger (taller)

EDIT: updated the Freeway Road railing

Attachments

• Freeway.jpg
    Freeway.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 5,757
  • Mad Scientist.png
    Mad Scientist.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,443
  • Freeway Updated.jpg
    Freeway Updated.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,455
Last edited:
Many Systematic and detail Additions in this latest update

ESDF Movement Implemented
Just like WASD, but ESDF allows for further controls for other actions which correlate with the a,q,w,z,x,c,r, and v keys. This way of movement will not disable regular movement and can be used as preference along with regular mouse (right-click) movement. I implemented this to aid with kiting for those overwhelming times that will occur in the game, and it seemed more convenient as a control mechanism because the aiming system requires the mouse to aim. The control scheme is much like the old arcade game Smash TV.

Advanced shooting
Using a similar technique to implement the ESDF movement, shooting will now be completely continuous. This allows shooting without the need to have your survivor selected.

Camera Follow
Hotkey C to toggle the camera to follow your survivor.

Other Updates:
+Changed rock Textures
+3 new weapons
+optimized some triggering

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use the trigger debugger to check which functions are being called the most. The other day I was messing with AI and I noticed that many units (especially from the campaign or campaign version of them) were performing pointless AI routeines 100s of times a minute per unit. If your zombies are controled by an AI player and do not have any advanced abilites you should consider deleting all AI functions that they call (done in the data editor) to improve map performance.

Of course zombies are fantasy and so there is no right and wrong with anything, anyone throw in a zombie map, movie, game, story or whatever. So your map is perfectly valid and goes along the lines of the Resident Evil (especially the newer versions) and the (like you stated you self) Left 4 Dead franchises. It even looks good too and the zombies you have made looks like interesting foes.

Personally. And perhaps because of my love for "normal" slow walking zombies, as well as I have a hard time seeing "spell-casting-invisible-knock-back-über-zombies" being... well... zombies. I ask you. Have you considered scrapping the zombie theme and make it something more, and this is the punchline, realistic? ;) I guess you know what I mean. Like fx. an alien invasion?

If you think that is bollocks. Then I refer you to the start of my post :)

This isn't intended at all to have a horror-survival style game if that's what you picked up from it, I didn't know what other theme i could use to make this more "realistic" considering the starcraft 2 models and such. And since the original conflict is zerg vs terran, i wanted to change it to something more interesting, and voila, zombies (or just mutated beings) They also have a huge threshold for variety, and i've been researching for many other examples for some good ideas on more types. (dead space, resident evil, amnesia, halo, etc.)
I have much more ideas on enemies thus far (more realistic perhaps?) and don't want to reveal anything just yet (until i've completely implemented them and they work flawlessly) so i'm glad you're interested, and follow this thread for more updates.

it's been really busy for me this past month due to finals and all that, but i'm hoping to add a lot more in the near future (during break)

New Challengers...
attachment.php

The virus has risen even the oldest of bones beneath the surface. Troglodytes are dated to be over millions of years old, dating back to the iceage. Their weapons are imbued by the frosty prisons they have been inhabiting and their attacks will slow survivors. Their tough exterior also provides a thick armor like plating that will reduce incoming damage significantly until it is destroyed.

Basics/Stats
+50 starting health, 2 movement speed
+30 shields, 10 shield armor
+Rewards 100 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Frozen Blades: Attacks slow the survivor by 1, lasts 5 seconds.

attachment.php

Arachnids are lesser forms of Leapers. They do not show health bars, and their leap attacks do not stun. They are smaller and harder to detect than Leapers and usually attack in swarms.

Basics/Stats
+5 Starting Health, 2.35 movement speed
+Rewards 0 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Leap: Just like the Leaper's Leap ability, without the stun.

attachment.php

The Shadow lurks inside the dark halls of the hotel. It cannot be attacked or killed. Its attacks are extremely dangerous and should be avoided at highest priority.

Basics/Stats
+Unknown

Abilities
Darkness: Every time a survivor is attacked by The Shadow, his vision will decrease, down to a 1 vision radius that lasts 35 seconds, or until the survivor finds light.

Other Updates:
+Indoor Terrains finished
+new model for freeway walls (final)
+few bug fixes

Attachments

• The Shadow.png
    The Shadow.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 442
  • The Arachnid.png
    The Arachnid.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 416
  • The Troglodyte.png
    The Troglodyte.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Apparently units can only have about 32 predisposed abilities, and abilities cannot be added or removed from them (only disabled and enabled) so i had to rework the shooting mechanism. This only set me back a little bit, and everything is progressing smoothly.

attachment.php

Dark Swarmers are another form of Swarmers. They are stronger and release arachnids instead of swarmlings.

Basics/Stats
+135 starting health, 2 movement speed
+Rewards 100 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Spawn Arachnids: They attack by sending swarms of arachnids at their targets.

Other Updates:
+9 new weapons
+weapon spray (spray increases the longer you shoot consecutively, decreasing accuracy, different weapons have different amounts of spray)
+weapon stats/prices balanced

Attachments

• The Dark Swarmer.png
    The Dark Swarmer.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 426
New Challengers...
attachment.php

These little scumbags will latch onto your suit and drain the life-force out of you. One may not be dangerous, but when many latch on at once, you may be in trouble.

Basics/Stats
+25 starting health, .6015 movement speed
+Rewards 0 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Snatch: Attaches itself onto your suit, becoming no longer targetable. Deals up to 2 damage over 20 seconds, slows movement speed by .11, and can stack up to 5 times.

attachment.php

These Dark Poppers will release crawlers on death but have slightly less health and more damage than regular poppers.

Basics/Stats
+130 starting health, 2.2 movement speed
+Rewards 160 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Pop: when the popper dies, a platitude of crawlers will escape and snatch onto survivors

attachment.php

Psycho Scientists are dangerous beings. These once mad scientists have succumb to a psychotic state and have even ventured their chemicals into more dangerous stands of zombies. They can morph into stronger spawns of special zombies

Basics/Stats
+45 starting health, .5 movement speed
+Rewards 75 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Explosive Concoction: Mad Psycho Scientists can throw their concoctions at Survivors which contain damaging chemicals
+Zombify: Once a Mad Psycho Scientist drinks a sample of virus, he will become corrupted, and transform into a random special zombie type. Takes an average 7 seconds to form, stats are carried from the new unit, Stronger special zombies take longer to form, weaker ones shorter.

attachment.php

Scissor Arms have long protrusions in place of their arms that are extremely sharp and deal enormous damage. These types of zombies should be classifies as high priority targets.

Basics/Stats
+110 starting health, 3 movement speed

Abilities
+Eviscerate: Their attacks will damage anything within a 180 degree arc infront of them

Other Updates:
+Skulls are now droppable items that must be acquired by pick up (this change was implemented to introduce a new system to the game) >> they come in +1,+5,+10,+25,+50, and +100
+Special zombies now have a chance of dropping a little extra skulls than their bounty amounts
+Added a skull pickup sound effect
+Mad Scientists now can only morph into lesser special zombies as Mad Psycho Scientists can morph into stronger special zombies
+Collision based environment complete
+Fixed missile collisions of Mad Scientists' attacks
+Special infected now start appearing in lower tiers and higher tiers appear later in the game via zombie aggression upgrades
+Number of special infected spawned is now based on the increased zombies zombie aggression upgrade
+Straightened bullets when firing over cliffs (they won't follow the ground like a squirrel, but rather stay parallel to the ground and constant at height)
+Fixed auto-casting abilities from not firing
+It now rains in the city

Attachments

• Crawler.png
    Crawler.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 553
  • Dark Popper.png
    Dark Popper.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 568
  • Mad Psycho Scientist.png
    Mad Psycho Scientist.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 602
  • Scissor Arms.png
    Scissor Arms.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
New Challengers...
attachment.php

Oozers' gluttonous bile leakage will attract zombies towards its location and can cause an overrunning of zombies if not taken care of quickly. Their excretions can also stick to survivors and attract zombies as well.

Basics/Stats
+100 starting health, .94 movement speed

Abilities
+Ooze: leaves a sticky residue to survivors that will attract zombies towards its location.
+Oozing: leaves a sticky residue on the floor that will attract zombies towards its location.

Other Updates:
+Bridge targeting now fully functional (over and under the bridge)
+Item pick ups scale slightly increased
+Mules gone
+Game has been privately tested! (successfully)

Attachments

• The Oozer.png
    The Oozer.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 552
When is the game ready to be released?

Well i can't predict a specific date just yet, because there is just so much more to do!
But I will keep this thread updated when I feel I've added enough content.
I'm continuously working on this project, and still have many ideas to add (of which I haven't revealed yet) that will build to the depth and replay-ability of this game.
I'll try to keep the first post as accurate as possible to the estimated completion percentages as frequently as possible.
TL;DR, I still have a lot of work to do so keep checking back :goblin_good_job:

New Challengers...
attachment.php

Reanimated will pop unannounced from the ground in groups of at least 3 and will attempt to strangle you, whatever good that does considering you're in an armored suit, but nonetheless they have pretty strong grip and will keep you immobilized. They are also very hardy and will take a lot of firepower to take out.

Basics/Stats
+140 starting health, .33 movement speed
+Rewards 30 skulls on kill

Abilities
+Rise: Rises from the ground in groups of 3 or more in random locations and random times.
+Grasp: Keeps survivors immobilized as long as in range.

Other Updates:
+Weapon attack spray now works
+Many tooltips have been added to behaviors
+5 new weapons
+Added much more variability for future installments
Weapon Upgrades and enhancements

+Optimized shooting triggers slightly
+New backtracking path installed via one way doors
+Added randomized cars in the freeway
+Some visual changes

Attachments

• Reanimated.png
    Reanimated.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 518
Hey guys, how have you been? It's been a while since I've updated, mainly because I have been busy, but partially because i have been lazy.
So let's get rolling with some Huge updates! :goblin_good_job:

attachment.php

Storage Box
Storage boxes come in two different capacities: Regular, and Grand. They will be located in random places around the map and contain skulls or other useful items. As you can guess, grand boxes will contain more than regular boxes.

Introducing...
attachment.php

Your Introductory Instructor and Mechanical Assistant

Y.I.I.M.A. will teach you the basics as well as how to play, and or what objectives to complete
You can also bring up tips and info in the help menu for further assistance.
+Go to Y.I.I.M.A. to review current objectives, as well as claim research points for completing objectives.

(Y.I.I.M.A. was built by the original instructor, Dr. Wellen, and has been sticking around to aid future survivors in their attempts to cleanse the world of the infection. It is now maintenanced by Butch, who also has a background in mechanics. Due to limited supplies, Y.I.I.M.A. must be hard reset for every introduction, as memory capacity is limited. Y.I.I.M.A. periodically updates each suit with battle information and can send Mechanical Transportation units in time of need.)

attachment.php

Typical weapons and ammo dealer

Butch has a variety of weapons to purchase to help you progress in the game.
+Go to Butch to purchase weapons or buy ammo for your current weapon.

(Being a regular, one who is not immune to infection, Butch must stay within the cantina to avoid death. He has been attacked once, and has amputated his arm to avoid turning. His arsenal of weapons no longer has any use to him as it is too risky to venture out, so he sells them instead, to "brave" survivors who are willing.)

attachment.php

Provides upgrades for your suit

Jackie will make you move faster, shoot faster, install your suit with propulsion systems, you name it.
He specializes in anti-infection armor and weaponry
+Go to Jackie to enhance your suit with upgrades.

(Jackie was a top student, until the outbreak occurred. He studied bio-chemistry and has a unique liking of Lo mein. He is not a regular, or rather is not anymore, as he has found a way to stave off the infection through medicinal methods. These methods however, are very risky and do not work immediately. So instead he uses his knowledge to apply the techniques into suits instead. He even has prototypes of newer, more advanced suits.)

The general load out of these NPC's are simple.
if you are in range of them, click them, and they will open their menu:
Butch shop 1.jpg
within their menu you can open different tabs and select purchases from there.
Butch shop 2.jpg
You can also have them selected and just move into range.
Jackie shop 1.jpg
Butch's shop items are bought with skulls, while Jackie's upgrades are bought with research points which are claimed from Y.I.I.M.A.
Jackie shop 2.jpg

In Jackie's shop you can also switch suits to your liking. They all have different stats and special skills.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:ogre_datass: Once purchased, you can go to Jackie to switch between suits at any time.

Other Updates:
+Many more weapons added
+Zombie tooltips updated
+Zombie ability tooltips updated
+Help menu tooltips updated
+New thrust active ability (unlockable from Jackie)
+1 Elemental upgrade available
+MTU no longer lags in flight if trying to shoot
+MTU will now only last 12 seconds on the ground
+Staircase once again polished
+Introductory conversation
+Critical headshots actor updated

Attachments

• YIIMA.png
    YIIMA.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 441
  • Jackie.png
    Jackie.png