• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
178091-albums2336-picture100738.png

178091-albums2336-picture100739.png

The ultimate goal of our ambitious project is to recreate Warcraft I & II using the Starcraft II engine. These remakes would aim to recreate the gameplay the closest possible with original stats, gameplay elements (like the roads of Warcraft I and naval combat of Warcraft II) and sounds. Players have the freedom to choose between classic (original games) and modern (Starcraft II) controls, which affect the following: selection limit, training queue and rally points.

Campaigns are also planned for the Warcraft RTS remakes.

We're recruiting, so if you're potentially interested in our project, then please let us know! We are in dire needs of 2D and 3D artists, Terrainers, Data and Ai experts

More informations,screenshots and patch notes on our moddb page

178091-albums2336-picture100740.png
  • Warcraft I: Orcs and Humans - multiplayer map released, look for Wc1 or Coa on European server or read more
  • Warcraft II - multiplayer alpha released, look for Wc2 or Coa on European server or read more

178091-albums2336-picture100741.png

Art

Warcraft II Multiplayer Alpha

Warcraft I multiplayer

Unexpected tab 4

[/stable]

Unexpected tab 1

[/tab]

Last edited:
Level 7
WOW looks great, seeing fantasy models in wc3 really makes me want wc4.

I look farward to plaything this though if i was to give some feed back just on the screen shots I'd say choose another tile for the brick roads, it looks very low quality.

Level 6
You guys make it all look so simple. For me importing a single WoW model and applying it to a unit takes lots of time. :-(

Level 7
lol it would be good if you guys stop off topic.
something on topic: The first WIP portrait for the mod: Peon
retrato_by_hai_ookami-d60izmg.jpg

Answers to the questions: The road texture is just a placeholder, some of the things are playable but i don't want to release them inperfect, release date: coming soon in blizzard style :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 30
lol it would be good if you guys stop off topic.
something on topic: The first WIP portrait for the mod: Peon
retrato_by_hai_ookami-d60izmg.jpg

Answers to the questions: The road texture is just a placeholder, some of the things are playable but i don't want to release them inperfect, release date: coming soon in blizzard style :)

Looks good! Are you guys making all your unit models / portraits from scratch? :)

Level 2
This is beyond impressive!

One question though -- are you re-creating the units in the remakes as they were seen in the originals (but obviously 3D) or are you just going with one blanket interpretation?

Level 7
Yes we are making most of our models/art from scratch (i'm planning to use the original icons for warcraft 3 and thats all). Of course the first releases most likely will contain tons of placeholders but they will be replaced with our models made from scratch.

And the style is: We are remaking the original models but our modeler add some of his ideas to it, The warcraft 1 orc town hall is a good example about how he improved the original bit boring and not warlike style. (you can see it in the start page)

two video about the peon portrait. The first one you could see with more computer made textures while the second is a more handpainted version. We are interested about your opinions wich style is better:

Level 7
The remakes will use the original voices so yes. For the wow ones we will see, most likely it will get the warcraft III peon voices but if we got some cool voice actors it can change.

Level 7
any chance I could help out? though I couldn't do anything art-wise like models/etc

Of course, as it is a large project we need more Terrainer, Data editor, Trigger maker, someone who knows AI would also hellpfull, so if you know one of these then welcome to the project :). If not we always welcome suggests and ideas

Level 2
Oh... my.... god. O_O

And here I was gonna make a machinima using Warcraft 3... now I wanna make one using StarCraft 2. WTB cinematic system in Galaxy Editor!!!

Level 7
I'm back after a long hiatus. Been busy with some real life stuff (Go buy Slender: The Arrival!) but I'm back, and very close to getting some of my models prepped and ready for Startools.

I'll probably be releasing the first batch of models within the next week or so!

That sounds awesome, It will deffinietly give us a big boost. Thank you for your hard work

Level 14
So, let me get this straight...

Not only do you want to re-create the game mechanics and update the models for every single unit and building, but you then also want to re-make the campaigns of the 3 RTSes. Not just that, but you then want to go galavanting about, creating all-new campaigns for 8 years of World of Warcraft games. Unless my ability to count fails me, that is at the very least 19 campaigns you wish to develop.

Needless to say, this sounds like way too much fun to pass up. However, you keep using "us" and "we" like you are legion. Who is your team? How many members do you have? Where are you guys operating? Website? Forums? Social Media? Will you release the campaigns by each individual map? Or will you package them based on the game you are making and then release each game episodically?

Cheers,
~Asomath

Level 7
Our Terrainer is HolyArk, who made several fantastic terrain already. some of his work
Our Artist is Bruno Cesar (Orly), worked on several thing, you can enjoy his work here and on his deviant art site also
I'm working on the Data/triggers, also starter and leader of the project, but i like to listen to their opinion and give some freedom to our team mates as it help them to make and unique and quality work.
Atm this is our small team working on it but we have a lot of former (they paused the work because of lack of free time, but may return )and future helpfull hands (they just need to finish their things first)

You can read about the project here, in Sc2mapster also in our moddb page

We will release the things episodically, so first warcraft 1 remake with multiplayer and both campaign, then wc2 wc3 and going on like this.

And as an end just for show something new from Orly a quick WIP of Peasant and Footman Icon

icons_by_hai_ookami-d64rvxw.jpg

Level 7
This will end like the warcraft 3 mods... never out i had hoped you would help the warcraft a new dawn map but oh well

about 3dsmax: <redacted>

ok thank you for your optimistic view, also Warcraft new dawn celarly stated how much respect they give us when i talked with them in the early development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Forgive people for their negative expectations, but it's just that we've pursued much ambition only to be frustrated at the end. The choice is yours, but in your place I'd do a poll on which of the WarCraft series would people prefer to see remade and go for that first. Then move on to doing others. This way you'll also avoid splitting work through various endeavors and thus further slowing down progress on each one.

Level 7
ok thank you for your optimistic view, also Warcraft new dawn celarly stated how much respect they give us when i talked with them in the early development.

It was a common topic inside the team and we talked about wheter we should go linear in the series or jumping but in the end we always realised that the linear would be better. The games will be more difficult and difficult so we can climb the mountain from the start, and can learn from the work. Also it is possibla that we will have more people to work with when we get into the more and more serious works. Also it logical that if we would give you the more complicated warcraft 3 first then who would play with the other ones. This is a common problem with wow players for example as most of them didn't play with any of warcraft games or just warcraft 3. Then caboom Deathwing and Cho'Gall come and everyone say: "WTF its lame, where is the lore, where is the reason. Arthas was a true character of warcraft...."

Level 7
I was wondering, guys -- when this is finally released, could I please use this for my machinima project?

Status
Not open for further replies.