• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc2/SoC Zeppelin

Heyo.

I've just found an old model on my pc, the SoC/Wc2 Zeppelin.

I made it with help from Mr.Goblin, who provided me an concept to work with. After I finished the model, it was decided they would never use it anyway in SoC, and Linaze told me to release it if I like :)

Balloon and ship are taken from ingame existing meshes, ropes, blades and motor are made from scratch. The fire particle from the walk animations, is a modified version from Chaos Space Orc attack fire.
And check the model ingame, the screenshot doesn't look that good, I'll make a new one later, too busy at the moment. (Modelling/Texturing Competition model etc. :p)

Have fun with the model, and if you give credits (wich I don't really care) give it to me AND Mr.Goblin, who guided me through the making of the model.

Oh and edit it as much as you like, just tell me before :)

Keywords:
Wc2, Warcraft, 2, Scars of Conflict, Scars, of, Conflict, Warcraft 2, Mr.Goblin, Fan, Zeppelin, Goblin, Flying, Boom,
Contents

Wc2/SoC Zeppelin (Model)

Wc2/SoC Zeppelin (Model)

Reviews
08:33, 14th Sep 2010 anarchianbedlam: Sharp looking spikes, looks much better than the ingame zeppelin. Useful and works ingame Approved

M

08:33, 14th Sep 2010
anarchianbedlam: Sharp looking spikes, looks much better than the ingame zeppelin. Useful and works ingame

Approved

Level 51
Zeppelin!!Can it drop the boat?Kiddin' :> 4/5

Hehe, no :p Thx :)

Loks quite good.The portrait is a goblin?! COOL

Thx. Jeah, actually, a zeppelin should be on the actual model also, but I though, it wouldn't be necessery. And speaking about the portrait, I'm adding an "speaking" portrait next days, as I said, I don't have time right now.

Level 48
Okay, just downloaded\checked the model. I've got some critique:
First of all, the wrap. It's horrendous on all the scratch-made parts. The blades stretch out a lot and the motor's back and top parts are completely unwrapped. You should definitely fix that.

The particles look very strange and unrealistic. The purple fire makes no sense to me. The beginning of the particles overlaps the motor. The particles also shake irritatingly, which is immensely annoying to watch(although this might not happen in-game). I suggest you change them a lot more than what you did. For example, check out mine and l0w_kwaliti's Elite Siege Tank. The flamethrower particles are in fact edited from the chaos fel orc. All you gotta do is pick a better\different texture and play with scales\colors\gravity\speed\etc.

The portrait is also rather lacking. You based it on the tinker; why couldn't you keep the talking animation? A change in the angle of the camera could also help make the portrait better. In addition, either a sky or parts of the zeppelin as a background would be best, if you ask me; this teamglow just doesn't work well with the clouds, and a random goblin head in the middle of nowhere just makes ever less sense. :p

Level 51
Okay, just downloaded\checked the model. I've got some critique:
First of all, the wrap. It's horrendous on all the scratch-made parts. The blades stretch out a lot and the motor's back and top parts are completely unwrapped. You should definitely fix that.

The particles look very strange and unrealistic. The purple fire makes no sense to me. The beginning of the particles overlaps the motor. The particles also shake irritatingly, which is immensely annoying to watch(although this might not happen in-game). I suggest you change them a lot more than what you did. For example, check out mine and l0w_kwaliti's Elite Siege Tank. The flamethrower particles are in fact edited from the chaos fel orc. All you gotta do is pick a better\different texture and play with scales\colors\gravity\speed\etc.

The portrait is also rather lacking. You based it on the tinker; why couldn't you keep the talking animation? A change in the angle of the camera could also help make the portrait better. In addition, either a sky or parts of the zeppelin as a background would be best, if you ask me; this teamglow just doesn't work well with the clouds, and a random goblin head in the middle of nowhere just makes ever less sense. :p

Ok, thanks for the review :) I'll try to fix all things you mentioned. :)