• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sapper Academy

You know, nostalgia. Sometimes i just dream back to those simple days when wc3 was that last new thing and unique in the way that you could make mini games in the game without having to mod it or anything. :)

Anyway, wanted to make a medieval sapper unit (Which i might still do), but ended up doing a building instead. A sapper is a combat engineer, and this is then where you train those guys (The human versions, not the goblin suicide bombers).

Might works as "metal works" alternativly those tanks look an aweful lot like oldschool iron ore refinement towers.

Enjoy, and don't expect to see me around (Too much). :)

UPDATE: Added doors, more particles.

Keywords:
Sapper, Engineer, structure, metal, works, smith, blacksmith, smokestack, medieval, workshop, siege, engine, malazan, WW1, world, war
Contents

Sapper Academy (Model)

Reviews
12:21, 28th Oct 2015 Misha: nice and useful :)
Level 26
I would suggest making an "entrance" to the building. Something akin to the bar building where you buy neutral heroes. I really think it'll fit well with something like that to this building.
The structure is nice and very WC3-ish, so if terrained with ingame buildings, It'll fit right into a city landscape. ;D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
This is pretty cool, and quite useful... But it could use a tiny bit more Warcraft-ing. Lots more smoke from the smokestacks (take a gander at the Dwarven Workshop)... Some more obvious "Work" animation/SFX (I think MiniMage's door suggestion (with the requisite "open-door-shiny-light-anims") is an excellent one)... And that's probably enough.

Because it is for "REAL" sappers, as in combat engineers, not the goblin ones. Please read the description.

Updated:
This is pretty cool, and quite useful... But it could use a tiny bit more Warcraft-ing. Lots more smoke from the smokestacks (take a gander at the Dwarven Workshop)... Some more obvious "Work" animation/SFX (I think MiniMage's door suggestion (with the requisite "open-door-shiny-light-anims") is an excellent one)... And that's probably enough.

It is made to fit with the other more "realsitic" medieval structures on the site. But I've done most of what you said anyway.

Added 3 doors, one that is animated when the structure is using "Work" animation. Also, added an additional particle for the animation aswell.

Last edited: