• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shin-Ra MP

A Shin-Ra MP based on Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core concept art. It might not be 100% accurate as I used only in-game textures for it to make the file size as small as possible.
Has animations for melee and ranged combat, as well as a "spell throw" and "spell" animation.

Uses in-game textures
Filesize: 85 kb

Give credits if you use it

UPDATE:
fixed hands & feet

Keywords:
Shin-Ra, MP, soldier, Final, Fantasy, 7, Crisis, Core
Contents

Shin-Ra MP (Model)

Reviews
[PENDING] 4/5 Good marine alternative, and good use of ingame skins. EDIT: Just noticed a bug: Potrait talk is playing the death animation. Please fix. --donut3.5-- 17th Oct 2008 Pyritie: I see no bug here. :o

M

[PENDING]
4/5
Good marine alternative, and good use of ingame skins.

EDIT: Just noticed a bug: Potrait talk is playing the death animation. Please fix.
--donut3.5--

17th Oct 2008
Pyritie: I see no bug here. :eek:

Level 22
i dont its supposed to shows its nose/mouth.
hes like wearing a white ski mask
i also think you shouldnt made the cloth around his neck as prominient, and the face part of his helmet should open up abit more. his gun looks kinda funky, but thats porpably not visible ingame.

Marine base?
Actually it is based on troll headhunter. But most of the animations are from the marine.

i dont its supposed to shows its nose/mouth.
hes like wearing a white ski mask
If you bothered reading the description, I based this model on Crisis Core concept. No ski masks, visible nose and mouth.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/Gaumaru/ShinraMP.jpg
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hkXYPHoqDHg

i also think you shouldnt made the cloth around his neck as prominient,
Hmm true it is slightly too big... Gotta make it a bit smaller in next version

and the face part of his helmet should open up abit more.
Hmm maybe

his gun looks kinda funky, but thats porpably not visible ingame.
How could it be fixed?

Level 4
very nice model 4.6/5
1. The feet look to much like flippers.
2. the cloth really should hide his face.
3. the wood on the gun looks real but the metal is just weird compared to the rest.
4. the face WAY to much like Captain Falcon.

Level 8
Thats funny we made two Shinra Soldiers at once xP Good they are different ;) Your is better of course, but I dont feel the climat of FF7. Thats probably cuz I have not played Crisis Core, tought. Nice work, always glad to see FF7 model, that game deserve them :p

Level 1
good 4/5 i like it thx for the model i have waited a lot for a shinra soldier model.

i wait anyone make a diamont weapon etc model

donut3.5 said:
[PENDING]
4/5
Good marine alternative, and good use of ingame skins.

EDIT: Just noticed a bug: Potrait talk is playing the death animation. Please fix.
--donut3.5--
Hmm? I just tested the model myself and the portrait worked fine.

looks like a guy in pyjamas with an ak-47 :p 4/5
Yeah it's probably because the lower parts of the arm should not be clothed
I'll try to fix it for next version

the gun doesnt need fixing. and i cant tell if he's wearing a mask or not from the concept pic
check the youtube video then: YouTube - Crisis Core: C06S02 Cloud [English Sub]

1. The feet look to much like flippers.
2. the cloth really should hide his face.
3. the wood on the gun looks real but the metal is just weird compared to the rest.
4. the face WAY to much like Captain Falcon.
I'll fix those as soon as I get the time.

You should do team color for the uniform so we could just set the team color in the object editior and get the various Shin Ra ranks.
That might be possible... I need to experiment with the in-game textures more.

I don't think there is another shinra soldier rank.
There are more ranks in the original FF7.
In crisis core different ranks had different scarf colour I think
gfs_60427_2_10.jpg

teal for normal MPs and red for captains or something...
Not in the same uniform with other colour.
MP
mp.jpg

Underwater MP
underwaterMP.jpg

Attack Squad
attacksquad.jpg

Etc...

Besides that - he uses ingame textures, would be hard to make teamcolor...
Correct. It won't be easy but I might try when I get time

I thought I remembered there being red and green suits as well >.> But I haven't played this game in years so I could easily be mistaken. And with a game at that age it probably was just a color swap and then throw on a few new abilities :p
You remember correctly.

Game of that age? Dude, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core came out in 2007 year O_O
He is talking about the original FF7 that came out 11 years ago

Note: I am busy at the moment so don't expect an update too soon!

Level 4
kitabatake
id like to thank you for your great and models and great work you've. hope you'll be working on new ones and support old ones for a long time.

Level 3
Brilliant model but when I import it: No arms and legs?! The face, torso, hands, feet, gun show up fine but even in-game there is no arms or legs - is this the model or me?

5/5 Otherwise... ;)

Same problem here with the model v.v However on the plus side what parts are seen look good.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062010_154618_02.tga
    3 MB · Views: 68
Level 2
I downloaded it before some time ago and it worked perfectly, forgot to leave a comment about it, I think its a great model it really suits its purposes 5/5

Also ... Its not working for me now as the body has disappeared on importing but still... Looks very good.