• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Otter

74479d1264882932-modeling-mini-contest-2-otter_previewalphabig.gif

an otter.
11 april 2010 - Added new animations:
- attack
- attack swim
- stand ready
- stand ready swim

Fitting Resources

BTNOtter

by lelyanra

Keywords:
otter, good, good, otters, river, critter
Contents

Otter (Model)

Assets
Reviews
22:45, 30th Jan 2010 DonDustin: nice critter. You made some very creative and efficient animations and I like the use f the bear texture :)

M

22:45, 30th Jan 2010
DonDustin: nice critter. You made some very creative and efficient animations and I like the use f the bear texture :)

You guys don't know how dangerous an otter can be. :/

Most animals can be dangerous if you piss them off - Rabbits are pretty viscous to each other, but that doesn't stop the rabbit model from being harmless and cute. You don't want to tick off a dog do ye? Yet the critter model for a dog (its a bit ugly if you ask me, but whatever) has no attack animation.

I've seen these guys in the bay in the general area where I live, and they don't normally look that vicious - the second and fourth pic kinda look a bit like shopping too.
in south america river otters are srs bsns. they attack you if you mess with them. AND THEY KILL PEOPLE! :ugly:

Btw, I'm gonna update it with attack animations, as it seems to be useful to 10 times more people if so.

for some reason his "Walk Animation" reminds me of a Lizards movement. Doesn't really move like an otter.
And how does 'an otter' move, then?

I mean...
- a lizard moves its body in a complete 'S' while walking
- the lizards swing their tail left and right, instead of the otter, which drags it on its wake
- lizards aren't smelling everything while walking around

The walk anim is slow and careful like this because the earth is quite a hostile environment to the otter, not as the water...

duude, this is great, gonna use it. Does it have any attack animation? Like biting some stupid fella that thinks otters are sweet animals and are coward enought to not to defend themselves?

It should have a jump attack where it bits the neck of the enemy :grin:

There you go. :thumbs_up: