• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WindElemental

I once created 1 Wind Elemental but it didnt please me much so i decided to remake a whole model, another Elemental for my collection, pls feel free to give feedback ;)

Update

Tweaked Talking animation
Added a global animation to the eyes
Reduced particle effects size such as:
+ Spell Slam
+ Birth
Added animation sounds such as:
+ Death
+ Dissipate
+ Attack
+ Birth
Re-calculated.

Keywords:
Elemental, Wind Elemental, Air Elemental
Contents

WindElemental (Model)

Reviews
Misha 20th Nov 2013 Moderator's Review: I say i like this one :) it performs and looks quite good ingame. however, its bust might be a little bit too big. the model's animations are really cool, but miss the sounds, which would give an...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
20th Nov 2013
Moderator's Review:

I say i like this one :) it performs and looks quite good ingame. however, its bust might be a little bit too big. the model's animations are really cool, but miss the sounds, which would give an even more value. so.. i'll leave ya to tinker a bit more on this one :)

(btw.. the way she speaks is kinda creepy, you could tweak that too)

Kwaliti: Changes made, resource approved.

Roland

R

Roland

Looks great, Icewolf! I hope you can make better elemental Such as a earth elemental! :3

Level 20
Thanks guys.

@paladinis, well that model is stuck in my old PC, still dont have time to recover it, i had to change my PC that time so i cant submit it on time, so bad ;(

And some requested models are stuck as well ._."

@Roland, well, i still dont know how the concept should look like for EarthElemental, coz i dont wana make a "EarthGolem" lol.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Well now, what have we got here? Can't tell you how exciting this is; I love new models, & I love new Elementals. Icewolf, you don't disappoint. :p

I'm quite impressed with your take on it, if nothing else. Making it feminine was a surprising, but ... 'sensical' choice (as opposed to "nonsensical" :p). Wind always seemed feminine (and it makes my eventual "Windlord/Stormfather" hero sound more like an Arabian sultan with his Harem... :p). The bits of armor are nice, and the ghostly-apparation-ness of it are really good. Heck, with a few particle recolors & maybe coloring of the "ghostliness", she could make a great Forsaken "Phantasm" unit, too. :p

In terms of the model itself, I'm a little surprised that it springs up from the ground (beautiful Birth animation; just seems like it would go on an Earth elemental), and that she doesn't have a "twisty tornado tail" somewhere on her (either instead of legs, or spiraling out of her arms, or flowing from her hair). The SFX seem gratuitous, but I blame that on the Viewer.

And Dissipate? What?

Really the only major thing I'd say is to think about giving the armor some TC bands or something, or OOH OOH... since she has nothing up top (mostly translucent once you get past the armor), give her a really ornate necklace or crown or head-dress that has TC, so as to provide a tiny bit more ... eh, not sure what the word is.

Some other pics at the bottom, but really, keep it up!

Thanks guys.

@paladinis, well that model is stuck in my old PC, still dont have time to recover it, i had to change my PC that time so i cant submit it on time, so bad ;(

And some requested models are stuck as well ._."
Eesh, sorry to hear that about your models. I was looking forward to that Sphinx-dude. Good luck getting all that back. : )

icewolf said:
@Roland, well, i still dont know how the concept should look like for EarthElemental, coz i dont wana make a "EarthGolem" lol.
Quite a head-scratcher, especially because there's so many good ways to go. Blizzard also (saved you some work/made your life harder) by having all those varieties in-game; the Mud/Rock/Stone/Granite Golems, and the Mountain Giants especially.

Biggest thing is considering the Theme and the Role; what's the lore & storyline behind your Elementals, and what kind of gameplay should they be used in?

To me, I go back to how earth is solid, durable, and persistent; unyielding, sturdy, and immovable. To me, an Earth Elemental would always be in contact with the earth (i.e. no floaty-tail for him). He might walk, he might glide, he might even 'swim' through the ground, but always in contact. Also, for flair/fashion/breaking monotony/team-color, being studded with shiny gems is always a win. :p

I would seriously just do a quick poke around WoWWiki, starting with Therazane and Earth Elemental; there are nearly dozens of different ideas for Earth Elementals.

One of my non-WoWWiki favorites so far:
NEW - Earth Elementals (PZO1001).jpg

hm.. is it possible to combine a pretty lady, rock golem and a naga into one? that could be an interesting earth elemental. with maybe a few raw crystals as jewelry

that's my idea, at least xD
That's not bad, though the "lady" bit is covered by the "naga" pretty well (if you go Siren or Summoner or Sea Witch, that is).

I'd say "no way, rock = masculine", but Blizzard has gone with "Stonemother", so meh.

Attachments

• ScionofAl'Akir.jpg
    ScionofAl'Akir.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 268
  • AlAkirtheWindlordTCG.jpg
    AlAkirtheWindlordTCG.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 229
  • NEW - Earth Elemental (Genesis).png
    NEW - Earth Elemental (Genesis).png
    651.7 KB · Views: 1,003
Level 20
@Misha, lol i'll think about that combination :xxd:

--

@Kyrbi0, Thanks for the nice words :wink:

About the feminine style, i always wanted to make a feminine elemental especially Wind Elemental, always thought that would be a big strike in my Elementals collection lol

I once thought about the tornado below her body but i thought again, its so generic and unimpression.

Annndd i'll think about the ornate things later :xxd:

About the Sphinx, when its recovered, it will take me a short time to finish it coz all the animations have been all done, it just needs some more attachments.

And for the Earth Elemental, i'll think about it harder coz everytime i try to sketch the concept, it ends up a Rock-Golem, meh, i must give it some mystery things but some people consider Rock-Golem as a Elemental too (but its Rock not Earth lol). For me, i'll combine Rock and Sand into 1 (Earth). That'd be better i hope.

I think the Viewer has a matter with transparent particles or something lol

--

@PurgeandFire, thanks ;)

And yup, it uses custom animations, those were done in 3ds max :wink:

Level 35
Hmm lovely to see a new take of the wind elemental, especially with the floating hair/scarf.

A few things I dislike though; mostly in regards to the death animation. It feels odd that when the elemental vanishes upon death, her dress is firm enough not to collapse, not even change in the bosom (is it armor? Doesn't really appear so) and her eyes also stays around - which is a bit strange - though not really that noticeable.
Which leads me to a point of discussion - when the elemental vanishes upon death leaving only clothes behind; does it make any sense for her cloth (and eyes) to rise to the sky during the dissipate animation when the elemental is gone thus making it rather senseless that the clothes would retain enough soul to merit that. Personally I feel that there should be some of the elemental left for that to make sense.

Level 10
You know, you can make the clothes release out wind essence rapidly until all of the components of the shirt has vanished, if it's not too hard. Another suggestion to the death animation can be a slow death, where the wind from her body slowly fades into the atmosphere until none is left. Also, will there be an icon for this hero? I'm making it a hero in my map.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
icewolf055 said:
...but, oh well, just made it like other hero type lol.
...Also, will there be an icon for this hero? I'm making it a hero in my map.
I dunno guys; I hate to say so, but after working with the Modelling Contest so closely, I have seen how truly different Hero models are from Unit models, and this one just isn't quite a Hero; would need more character. It's a great Unit, though, IMO.