• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Kil'jaeden

kiljaeden based off his wow appearence

give credits if used

KiljaedenSunwell.jpg
[/spoiler]

kil'jaeden is the supreme commander of the burning legion's armies since Archimonde and Mannoroth's deaths. he is also chief lieutenant to Sargeras and is second only to him in the legion's hierarchy

update:
1.1 - added tail animations. edited the particles a bit
1.2 - updated tail animations. they should look less stiff, they don't look stiff to me at least

Keywords:
kil'jaeden, kiljaeden, burning legion, demon, sargeras, evil, archimonde, eredar, warlock
Contents

WoW Kil'jaeden (Model)

WoW Kil'jaeden (Model)

Reviews
12:43, 2nd Apr 2013 Misha: soo.. his tail is too stiff, try tinkering with a global animation to give it just a little bit of movement. also he does not disappear on death but rather gets stuck as mini-him with wings stretched up. the particle...

M

12:43, 2nd Apr 2013
Misha: soo.. his tail is too stiff, try tinkering with a global animation to give it just a little bit of movement. also he does not disappear on death but rather gets stuck as mini-him with wings stretched up. the particle count could be a tad smaller (mainly black and green ones, you could compensate by making 'em bigger a lill?) and his portrait head could be a little bit more closer to original? works ok ingame so tend to these and it'll be good to go
a large portion of the tail is still stiff, maybe you could rearrange those tail bones to give it a better flow? and he still doesn't disappear before the death anim finishes

changes made, resource approved. good job :]

Level 49
the wings are not moving at all. given that its based on the dreadlord, you should've kept its animations. also, the kil jaeden mesh are semi transparent. minor flaw though.
i like the addition of semi transparent wings.

Level 21
Should make a second version that has no legs too. That'll be cool.

That would be interesting for Warcraft III, but I do like the idea.

You sure did outdone yourself with this model as well, because it looks so different compared to the Warcraft III to the World of Warcraft one.

Level 9
Okay tested it ingame, here are a few flaws.

- It doesn't have any sort of portrait.

- Spell Slam animation plays the Firelord hero death sound near the end, which is very weird.

- Spell animation plays the heavy foot stomp sound effect.

- Lower half of the body is not affected by lighting, nor are his hands.

- Death and dissipate animations are a huge mess, also he uses the dreadlord death sound, I'm not sure whether that was intended or not.

- He seems to make quite many footprints, they all are clumped up in the same place though.

Suggestions, fix all above pointers if possible, also add the heavy foot stomp sound effect when he's walking, you know, the one aboms and Archimonde uses to make him feel more menacing.

Level 16
I agree to some users saying how good this might actually look with Dreadlord animations, mesh and bones.
But fact is you did a great job with this, its very useful. And I think you should try to update it more, especially after the Doomlord Karthus's notes ^

Level 8
what i (or we) desire;
1.Kil'jaeden leaves fiery track marks when he walks in his basic wc3 model...i dont know whether this have that or not
2.please, make it with classic eredar animations. that makes him more dominating like Doomlord Karthus talked about.
3.eredar walking sound please:)

Level 31
Okay tested it ingame, here are a few flaws.

- It doesn't have any sort of portrait.

- Spell Slam animation plays the Firelord hero death sound near the end, which is very weird.

- Spell animation plays the heavy foot stomp sound effect.

- Lower half of the body is not affected by lighting, nor are his hands.

- Death and dissipate animations are a huge mess, also he uses the dreadlord death sound, I'm not sure whether that was intended or not.

- He seems to make quite many footprints, they all are clumped up in the same place though.

Suggestions, fix all above pointers if possible, also add the heavy foot stomp sound effect when he's walking, you know, the one aboms and Archimonde uses to make him feel more menacing.

everything fixed, except the heavy footstomps. i tried to add them, but no matter what i did they would not play the sound in game, and i have no idea what to do. if anyone could help that'd be good

also, one minor problen, the wings in the death animation do not properly shrink. i have no idea how to fix this either, and i found no problems in any geoset animations or anything, so i don't know where i'm suppose to fix this

everything fixed, except the heavy footstomps. i tried to add them, but no matter what i did they would not play the sound in game, and i have no idea what to do. if anyone could help that'd be good

also, one minor problen, the wings in the death animation do not properly shrink. i have no idea how to fix this either, and i found no problems in any geoset animations or anything, so i don't know where i'm suppose to fix this
well, there's a very simple way to fix all these problems at once: just convert this guy into an .mdl model. Open a usual Dreadlord, or better Tichondrius (i think he's bigger than the usual ones) and save it as .mdl. Afterwards, mix the 2 models (Tichondrius and your Kilj) using Geoset Merger. Just make sure that the Base model is Tichondrius, NOT Kilj! The ''Geoset'' is Kilj. Geoset Merger is just aptly named. You can merge 2 entire models at once, not just one geoset. :wink: The texture path should be left empty. Texturing is easier in Magos. The Bone option can also be ignored if desired.

If you're done so far, open the result in Magos and do the texturing (Pitfall: the new model uses only one skin, but each of its geosets can get an own Material! Be aware of that :wink:. Also, keep in mind that your model will now have both meshes, Tichondrius and Kilj's. More on this at the end). When done, save your model as .mdx and open it with a program named MDLVIS (just google it). In MDLVIS, you first assign each of your model's vertices to the corresponding bone. When this is finished, delete the old mesh (Tichondrius's mesh).

After that, do all the other stuff like death sound, foot steps, foot prints, particle emitters, etc. Be warned: if the original mesh (in this case Tichondrius's mesh) is removed in MDLVIS, the corresponding Geoset Animations will also disappear, so if you have any of those, it's wise to make the new mesh use them before the old is deleted! The Material Layers & Textures from the old mesh will still be there. If finished in MDLVIS, you can additionally select the ''Optimize'' option, but this is not a must.

I hope this of help for you. :wink:

is there any simpler way instead of having to redo a lot of the model?

reassigning every bone and doing all the textures and particles again is a lot of work
Dunno, maybe adding bones to the wings and then CnPing the values from Dreadlord's wing's rotation in the Node Manager, but this is also a lot of work if the models have different sequences. The way i gave you brings the best results, it's not the simplest, however. :vw_sad:

I don't see why this is getting good ratings, the wings are just off of a Dreadlord and it looks like all you did was change a tiny bit of color.
1/5
Jealous or what? :vw_wtf:

Level 12
This is my Favourite model, is use it as my Demon King model. Use it as a name; Faekomn. lol. But i really love this one and you get a 5/5 from me! =D
── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ──
── ── ── ── ── β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ β–„β–„ ── ── ── ── ──
── ── ── ── β–„β–€ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–€β–„ ── ── ── ──
── ── ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── ── ──
── ── ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆβ–ˆ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── ── ──
β–β–Œ β–€β–„ ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── β–„β–€ β–β–Œ
β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–€β–„ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–€β–„ β–„β–€ β–€β–„ β–„β–€ β–€β–„ β–„β–€ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–„β–€ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ
β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ
── β–€β–„ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–„β–€ ──
── ── β–€β–„ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–„β–€ ── ──
── ── ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ β–„β–€ β–€β–„ β–„β–€ β–€β–„ β–„β–€ β–€β–„ β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── ── ──
── ── ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── ── ──
── ── ── β–β–Œ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–’β–’ β–β–Œ ── ── ──