• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knight of the Ebon Blade

For those of you who have played World of Warcraft, or take in interest in the game's lore, this is a death knight meant to match those in service of Darion Mograine and the Knights of the Ebon Blade. I will admit, it's a relatively simple edit. This model was created for a map of mine, with it's purpose being to prevent every death knight from looking like a clone of Arthas.

Please give credit to me if you chose to use this model, do not resubmit it to other sites, and do not edit it without permission. If you ask I will most likely give you permission, unless you intend to use this model for nefarious purposes.

Keywords:
Death Knight, Death, Knight, Ebon Blade, Acherus, Undead, Darion, Mograine
Contents

Knight of the Ebon Blade (Model)

Knight of the Ebon Blade (Model)

Reviews
Misha 4th Jan 2014 Moderator's Review: really nice texture and simple, but neat re-mesh :)

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
4th Jan 2014
Moderator's Review:

really nice texture and simple, but neat re-mesh :)

You could change the sword texture to look like the Ebon Blade one from Acherus.

But that'd require a custom texture probably, unless you're really really good at creating that with IG.

Damn my laziness! I've been waiting for somebody to bring up the sword. It would look so much better with a proper one. Maybe I'll get around to it when I do the on foot version. The model already uses a custom texture, which includes the sword, so it's no problem to add that in.

Level 16
Woot hawking is alive?!
And to your sword question do you need anything special? Last time i have been practicing equipment in maya so maybe i could help if you want :p

Level 10
This is probably one of the coolest models I've seen in a while. 5/5 +rep

I also have a suggestion: Can you make a Darion Mograine version? Just recolor the horse and him to dark red and give him the Corrupted Ashbringer. That would be awesome.

This is probably one of the coolest models I've seen in a while. 5/5 +rep

I also have a suggestion: Can you make a Darion Mograine version? Just recolor the horse and him to dark red and give him the Corrupted Ashbringer. That would be awesome.

one does not simply recolor an ebon blade knight to darion :p [/boromir]

Updated!

- Added team colour to the shoulders in the portrait model.
- Created a new sword.
- Messed with the uv's a bit to add more resolution to the sword and helm. (this amounted to about 10 more pixels or so for each, so you probably won't notice lol)
- Smoothed the normals on the helmet.
- Updated the screenshot accordingly.

The site's 3D previewer is currently showing the model with the old texture so if the helm and sword look very very wrong, that's why.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?d=list&r=20&u=hawkwing

I have a number of things in the models section, but most of them are made by Cavman with input from myself for an old project we were working on. Most of the maps and models I make do not get released. With the maps it's because most of the projects are made only for my own enjoyment and for the models it's because I don't want to take the time to fix up the minor things that users and the moderators are going to innevitably request when I submit them.