• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gith v5.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Gith
A model intended for RPG-Heroes using multiple attachments at once to show an armorset worn. Works well.
Able to wear common chest and head attachments from hive. If youre intending to use weapon attachments, make sure they fit. You can either move down the attachment points or lift up the attachments itselves.
You are still allowed to edit him, but if your going to re-upload him, make sure youre saying that its an edited version. Linkbacks are welcomed, if you want.
And yeah, i have a reason of not using numbers on the animation: it causes fails on animation order.

Uses ingame texture.

Attachment list:
Chest - Chest
Foot Left/Right - Used for Greaves Left and Right
Hand Left/Right - Used for Vambraces Left and Right
Head - Used for Helmets
Origin - For aura-effects
Overhead - Overhead
Sprite Second/First - For Shoulderpads Left and Right (in this order!)
Weapon Left/Right - Determines where the Weapon appears, either one the Left or Right hand

Buggy? Tell me as soon as possible, please.

Update #5.6
includes following fixes:
-everything from earlier updates
and additionally
-left a hidden notice in him
-added hero glow, it now is definitly a hero model, and thus no use of decay animations (!)
-hero glow team colored, background glow in portrait also team colored now
-drastically reduced filesize, thanks GF...
-global sequence on hero glow (not in portrait model)
-rewrote description

Keywords:
Hero, Unit, RPG, Attachment, Multiple, Gith, Hero-Glow, Wanna see him in use
Contents

Gith v5.6 (Model)

Gith v5.6 (Model)

Reviews
23:23, 19th Jun 2010 DonDustin: the portrait model is wrong. 22th June 2010 General Frank: The animations are very ackward and slow. The walk animation looks very wrong. Do you walk like that? The mesh is also very strange basing on the fact...

M

23:23, 19th Jun 2010
DonDustin: the portrait model is wrong.

22th June 2010
General Frank: The animations are very ackward and slow. The walk animation looks very wrong. Do you walk like that? The mesh is also very strange basing on the fact that most parts are either to thick or too thin for their normal appearance.

23th June 2010
General Frank: Complete the rework and then update it. Rejected for now. Feel free to contact me if you are done.

17th July 2010
- You should add decay bone and decay flesh animations.
- You might want to rename the normal Stand animations to Stand - 1 and Stand - 2.
- You really should linearise the animations with MDLVis to make the model smaller and to make all animations smoother. Do not forget to recalculate the model's extends with Magos afterwards.

Dissipate animation is wrong.
Add those decay animations or let me do it. Else I will leave it rejected.

Level 6
are you going to try to fix the walking animation? also whats the difference in attaching items to a normal peasant model then using this one?

uhm what exactly? do you mean the positions of the attachments so they really fit? if yes: could upload templates (for every attachment 1...) or a picture,showing them.

There's nothing in the portrait.

really? did you try to re-download him (after update #1)?

Level 6
On which attachment goes the shield or offhand?

currently this version only got an attachment for right hand.
You could add an attachment point by yourself or, what is more likely to happen, I delete this one (cuz of the broken portrait) and upload him as a pack, including this basic version plus one specially for katars.
Another one with shield would follow,too.

Level 11
Can you send me the models that you use in the Screenshot? boots, ands, mask, chest etc...

or give a link and give credit to the creator so all can use.

This is going in my secrit prodject map with the name : Keepers of the Secrits

and this is the Hero you play :p

EDIT:: MUST SEE
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Btw, if I where you, I would use the walk as the normal vilage model, this one looks kinda weard to be honest.<<<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kinda looks like hes in the korean army...

Last edited:
Level 6
that was an argument...
but you still can use the normal spell anim as a bolt-casting one XD (really)

@slaveofgod
call me weird, but the anims you mentioned are those not showing at least 90% properly with wc3 viewer, so i would like to ask if you only looked trough them with wc3v?

Level 3
Man Add links with The attachments u used on that one becouse i'll like to use em. nice model +Rep

Level 4
erm...ok so i tried to attach sunchips' mail armor attachment and the armor appeared in his chest? its a great model, but not very great with the armor of my choice...oh and he was scaled at 1.00 but i dont think that affects the attachment point...

Level 6
erm...ok so i tried to attach sunchips' mail armor attachment and the armor appeared in his chest? its a great model, but not very great with the armor of my choice...oh and he was scaled at 1.00 but i dont think that affects the attachment point...

uhm okay i think that needs explanation^^

he was intended to be used for a project i "might-be-working-out", so i did not care about other attachments.

here my idea: i will update him once again to let him wear armor-attachments made by sunchips and others.
Weapon attachments are not easy to fit, and that is because attachments are applied on the mesh in his unanimated stance, in this case key 0. And after the attachments are applied the animation begins. A theory based on the things i had to discover^^
Head attachments should work without any update on that.

Thanks for telling me^^

Level 1
How do you put the armor and all the thing on it because there is no BLP for the texture and there is only a MDX but when i use the MDX the men appear as a normal men, he doesn't wear armor.
Because he is relly nice.

Level 6
Upcoming Update

€2:
Gith updated and mod contacted.
All the anim sets mentioned are included...
Not included are the one(s) on the wishlist. If i get some time i really will add them.
Have fun!
p.s.: The armor is still ONLY an example of the armor possibilities.

€dit:
Wishlist:
- channel -> Bows
(- under construction, + done)
feel free to pm or comment your wishes on other animations^^

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, I know I'm a huge noob, but it serves? osea ... animations are bad, (I do not discriminate:))
but ... to say the language is mine, (so to speak like an idiot)

thanks

Level 6
Well, I know I'm a huge noob, but it serves? osea ... animations are bad, (I do not discriminate:))
but ... to say the language is mine, (so to speak like an idiot)

thanks

i dont care if you saying that the animations are bad...
thats your opinion..i guess there would be at least 1 person thinking like
"WOOOOAH awesome animations"

but somehow i dont really get what youre trying to say..

Level 6
The foot attachment doesnt work with Sunchip's boots model. They appear at the knees o.o!

Simple explanation:
Just take a look at sunchips screenshot, you can see that his boot model is directly for the villagers feet.
and now take a look at giths screenshot, you can see that he is able to wear greaves.
conclusion: other position of attachment points, sorry. the same goes for every attachment points, excluding head and chest.

i might work on an more customizable version of gith, where every body part is able to get an attachment.
until then: wait just one or two more days for me to upload the templates for creating your own attachment models designed for gith.