• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Venator Class Destroyer

The Venator Class Star Destroyer, the hammer of the republic. I tried somewhat to make the color fit with Olofmoleman's Acclamator class. Red parts are teamcolored, and the windows glow in the dark (awesome).

Some advice when using this: set the turning rate to 0.1 and the "art - orientation interpolation" field to something between 8-10. That will make it look more massive when turning.

These are some of the object editor values i recommend:

Art - Death Time: 5 seconds
Art - Maximum Pitch/roll: 0
Art - Orientation Interpolation: 10
Art - Propulsion Window: 180 degrees
Movement - Turn Rate: 0.1

UPDATE: Added origin attachment point.

Keywords:
Venator, Star Wars, space, ship, laser, jedi, republic
Contents

Venator Class Destroyer (Model)

Reviews
08:47, 20th Oct 2014 Misha: very well done model, and functions very well ingame

M

08:47, 20th Oct 2014
Misha: very well done model, and functions very well ingame

Now that i've made the particles, going back and tampering with the animations would require a lot of extra work setting up the particles again. I know i was a bit lazy making the attack animations, and i did consider adding an animation where it fires all batteries in a single volley, but i just wanted to get it finished. Good mappers will find ways of making the attacks look good anyway.

Roland

R

Roland

Illidan(Evil)X and you, Fingolin are the best skinners/modellers I've ever seen on my whole darn life in wc3 Modding.

I salute you bro. 100/10

Is it possible to get a Starcraft 2 Version?? Or could you tell me were i could find a tutorial on how to convert it for Starcraft 2 use. It would help a lot.

But anyways I am a fan of star wars so I must give it a 5/5

I am personally not experienced in creating starcraft models, but it should no doubt be possible. You might need to get your hands on 3ds max 2011 though. Starcraft models also use normal maps for the lighting, but it is possible to generate normal maps using software such as CrazyBump. You could also use an emissive map to simulate the light coming out of the engines and windows. Depends on how much work you are willing to put down, regardless you might need to redo the animations to work with the starcraft engine.

Anyone who is interested in converting this into Starcraft format is welcome to do so. I can provide the .max file and a .psd version of the texture if it would aid in any way.

ok well I have 3ds max but just never tried to convert anything on it from wc3 to sc2 but ya if I can get the .max and .psd files of the model I will see how well I do in the converting process and testing it.

note: wont bother if it works trying to put it in sc2 resources if it works unless you want me to (I always give credit to original person after converting it for a different game, sc2 in this case)

this will come in handy for my StarCraft/halo/star wars map...lol
A friend of mine gave me for my birthday a pack of Halo ship models of the Supper Carrier, CCS battlecruiser, Corvette, Piller of Putumn and UNSC Frigate (but they are ripped so wont use them uless it is a cinematic)

Level 9
This model is very great in detail but unfortunately I think that the animations could of been better D: and maybe add in a special effect for the bottom part I'm not sure what goes in there but I think there should be a plasma shield on der, that's just my opinion.

Serious flash backs to empire at war... yeeeeeeeeep serious flash backs.

sweet space ship, it compliments the style of olofmolemans star wars stuff, the Republic Assault Ship specifically, quite perfectly.

The Team colors nice too, and those windows even glow!

iv got nothing to say negative about the mesh or texture, its literally perfect to the game I played and thus use as a judge of this model, how ever as an animator I must say that its much more fun as a map editor to play with models that have lots of animations rather then triggering it all from some smaller set of animations. that being said I do know why its so hard to add animations after particle emitter works been all finished into current animations, but my solution to that was to always just make a new animation to go onto the end of the animations list and thus not change prior animation frames thus not changing emitters key frames. the newest animations may not have any emitter information, but if done right none of the emitters would be disturbed AND you can add new things such as spell death and births and spell channels.

I like this model, 8.5/10. could be a 9 if you had an animation like ''spell channel'' that fired all the big turbo laser batteries in un synchronized order to the sides front or back. rather then just attack 1 and 2 that fire only left and right forward turbo laser battery's forwards.

another thing, the black spots on the sides, are those the hangars? if you've ever played empire at war you'd know they make the hangars look like blue energy windows with vacant spaces behind them, you somewhat achieved this on the under side, and to be honest I don't remember if those black spots on the sides are supposed to be hangars, none the less, they may look cooler if made more glowy energy fielded hangary looking.

I digress, its an excellent model.

Serious flash backs to empire at war... yeeeeeeeeep serious flash backs.

sweet space ship, it compliments the style of olofmolemans star wars stuff, the Republic Assault Ship specifically, quite perfectly.

The Team colors nice too, and those windows even glow!

iv got nothing to say negative about the mesh or texture, its literally perfect to the game I played and thus use as a judge of this model, how ever as an animator I must say that its much more fun as a map editor to play with models that have lots of animations rather then triggering it all from some smaller set of animations. that being said I do know why its so hard to add animations after particle emitter works been all finished into current animations, but my solution to that was to always just make a new animation to go onto the end of the animations list and thus not change prior animation frames thus not changing emitters key frames. the newest animations may not have any emitter information, but if done right none of the emitters would be disturbed AND you can add new things such as spell death and births and spell channels.

I like this model, 8.5/10. could be a 9 if you had an animation like ''spell channel'' that fired all the big turbo laser batteries in un synchronized order to the sides front or back. rather then just attack 1 and 2 that fire only left and right forward turbo laser battery's forwards.

another thing, the black spots on the sides, are those the hangars? if you've ever played empire at war you'd know they make the hangars look like blue energy windows with vacant spaces behind them, you somewhat achieved this on the under side, and to be honest I don't remember if those black spots on the sides are supposed to be hangars, none the less, they may look cooler if made more glowy energy fielded hangary looking.

I digress, its an excellent model.

Thank you for this very constructive review, i completely agree with everything you said. The black spots are indeed hangars, although they are usually depicted as closed. My initial plan was to alpha out the holes and use the same texture from the bottom hangar inside, but i ended up not doing so. Another thing i was going to do was to give the bottom hangar an unshaded material, but i figured that it might be redundant to add an extra material and geoset for a piece which would not be visible except in cinematics.

For the attack animation, my main issue was that in warcraft you cannot accurately represent missiles originating from multiple points on the model without scripting it. I guess it could be used for a barrage spell though. Another concern was that the required amount of keyframes would increase the filesize. Finally, i would be forced to make multiple models of the laser flash for it to appear on multiple places simultaneously. That being said, i might end up updating the model later on to improve these aspects.

I would love to see a starcraft 2 version

back when I was making a map based off halo details as follows

Tarrian (player 1) unsc
protoss =covanent/elites
zerg = flood

I renamed the overmind to the grave mind and made some custom decals using the bio-hazard symbol for the flood and the unsc /convanent symbols for the others

also found 3ds max models of the COvanent corrvet/ battlecruiser/ and the carrier as well as the pillar of autum and the paris class frigate

but what are covanent ships with out glassing...? so I took the purifires weapon and gave it to the carriers and battlecruiers...protoss-covanent hybrid glassing...lol I still have the map so pm me if you want to check it out

I had my old account (High King Ulfric) merged with this one because I no longer had access to that email

edit: on my above post I have a sc2 mapi made for a friend (he loves halo...lol) that's why I posted a brief description of what my map has in it

on fingolfins models I waiting for help on finding a simple tutorial for his ship and other star wars models from sc2mapster. the intent is to use them in a space map battle of Korhal (like opening scene in ep.3)

I also got the idea (based of the description he gave us) on making the AT-PT to use it like a siege tank...lol