• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defence Matrix

This is a stary defence matrix type thingy, it has attachment pts (same as bloodmages balls) feel free to edit it, its my first animated model dealing with rotations.
done for request
Figured out how to rename ^.^ have ta open it up in notepad
EDIT: Greatly reduced particles (1/5 of previous amount)
EDIT2: made particles shorter and model move faster
(screenshots particles lengthened to show orbit)

Update: For some reason the old model no longer works... I decided to re-build it (well based on the version with only attachment points that seemed to still display in editor fine) Now with 6 particles instead of 3.

Keywords:
Starcraft, defence matrix, shield, futureistic, future, space
Contents

Defence Matrix (Model)

Reviews
11:52, 27th Jul 2008 Pyritie: 1) Uncheck the Tail checkbox. It doesn't look that good ingame. Also, set the Time box on your particles to 0.5, as that way they'll fade out. I think that if the bones moved faster and the particles didn't last as...

M

11:52, 27th Jul 2008
Pyritie: 1) Uncheck the Tail checkbox. It doesn't look that good ingame. Also, set the Time box on your particles to 0.5, as that way they'll fade out.

I think that if the bones moved faster and the particles didn't last as long it'd make this look much better!

Oh, and rename the model.

8th Jul 2008
Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

Level 11
haha, it can be a main point for a game to be praise.
if i m making 50 skill by using dummy model unit,
i save save up 49 unit data ~
and somemore there got spirit 1,2 and 3
so it could be combine with other special effect with a model file~
it greatly useful for me and everyone.

Level 3
Wow I like this! It's probably my use of it, but the model wont work for me. Im trying to use it as a divine shield, but the model doesnt show up. I don't think it has any special paths, as it says none in the description

oh and 5/5 its very useful!

Level 2
Can anyone tell us how to "use" this effect?

The way I undertstand it, it creates someflying orbs like the Bloodmage has. And I found no way to correctly use them.

(I'M not very experienced in these kind of things. Maybe that's why...)

@ namorax
if you wana use the one posted up top with pre-designated effect simply import the file, save the map, re-open (to load the model), now depending on use you go to the 'art - model' catagory on the unit, go to custom, and find this model on the list.., although if you are using this as an attachment, (or attaching an effect to the one in the 3rd post down) you need to do a bit more work

find item armor bonus +1, copy that ability, change the armor bonus to 0, go to attachments, set that to 1, and set attachment point1 to (wherever you want, i recommend "origin") , then add this ability to the unit u want

asuming you use the second one, because you cant attach attachments to attachments you would have to make a dummy unit (that moves to the position of ur unit)..., then attach to 1-3 of the attachment points