• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entropy

Why does one need to seperate heat and cold when cold is just the lack of heat? This guy saps the heat of nearby units when he's in cold form to charge into his hot form, from which he then will eject heat while losing heat himself, eventually returning to cold form again.

Update: Added dissipate and some minor changes. Added TC glow.
PS: You just assumed that he was intended to be 'menacing' and that I did not deliver that....but when did I ever said that I intended this guy to be menacing in the first place?
Just like King Dedede, it's possible for him to look 'unmenacing' while executing some pretty menacing attacks(by this, I mean the spells for him).

Update 2: Stuffs.
And well, last time I tried alternate portrait animations it did not work.
This is sort of the same issue.

Keywords:
Bob Marley, Derp, Fire spirit, Ice spirit, Elemental, Spirit
Contents

Entropy (Model)

Reviews
Misha: To re-moderate this guy.. here's what he really needs; 1)teamglow that is on the bottom and stays on the bottom (should fade out on death anim, and not show on dissipate anim) 2) not so long fire/ice-trail on movement 3) Complete set of...

M

Misha: To re-moderate this guy.. here's what he really needs;

1)teamglow that is on the bottom and stays on the bottom (should fade out on death anim, and not show on dissipate anim)
2) not so long fire/ice-trail on movement
3) Complete set of attachment points (minimal is; origin, overhead, head, chest, hand left/right, weapon) (suggested is; sprite first-third, in case you want some additional effects following him if he uses sphere ability)
4) death alternate, with a frosty explosion
5) frosty sound for attack alternate
6) background teamglow plane to be set to 'none' so it shows properly on the portrait anims

suggestion; alternate frost portrait anims

where is the weapon attachment point? :/
approved anyway tho.. but lacking

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is really... weird... And really intriguing.

I love how you've essentially made an elemental out of "entropy"; pretty creative stuff. I also like the morphing-aspect. I'm a little iffy on the face (super-unique, but might look too weird), the lack of TC (those little spines will be barely visible in-game, IMO), and the overall "sluggishness" of his animations (especially Attack & Spell).

Maybe better to say "is it a unit?" Because if it's meant as a Hero, his animations should be more grandiose, exciting, poignant. As it is he just sorta "mehs" his arms back & forth for attacks/spells, and that seems kinda "meh". But for a simple unit/summon, sure.

Very interesting, no matter what. : )

Level 13
Very cool fire and ice could you do a lightning and an icon too? Anyway its a great model and the filesize aswell.

Level 7
Entropy. A never ending cycle.

Amazing model! :D
I only feel like the armor and (helmet?) could be improved. I don't know how, i just feel like it. Also, the fire underneath him and the trails of his arms seem a bit excessive.
Other than that stupid thing i just said, 4/5