• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Igneous Cleaver

Igneous Cleaver.

Forged in the bowels of Mount Tor'arkan for the orcish warchief Ogar Splinterfist just before the horde army marched towards the elven city of Ishmilmare.

Note:
These versions of the cleaver have been modified by Epimetheus. Be sure to credit him as well if you use any of the two!

Edit:
The corresponding icon for the cleavers can be found here:
Igneous Cleaver Icon

The whole set so far:
202017-albums8809-picture107456.jpg

Update 1:
-The lower spikes are now completely molten
-The first version is of the cleaver is the Igneous_Cleaver_003 file (screen shot in post #1)
-Each cleaver takes up aprox 27-28kb each

Update 2:
-Two new versions by of the cleavers by Epimetheus have been uploaded.
-The two old models can be downloaded from post #1

Keywords:
Igneous, cleaver, flame, fire, molten, lava, magma, ignite, combust, axe, hatchet
Contents

Igneous Cleaver (Model)

Igneous Cleaver (Model)

Reviews
13:36, 23rd Mar 2016 The_Silent: Looks great and has a great wrap. You could add particles, some mesh around the blade to indicate heat or a light source to make it look even greater ingame. When that is said. Approved.

M

13:36, 23rd Mar 2016
The_Silent: Looks great and has a great wrap. You could add particles, some mesh around the blade to indicate heat or a light source to make it look even greater ingame. When that is said. Approved.

Level 10
Love it. Really cool wrap on the blade. 5 star !

Just to clear up anny confusion the models were made by Solu9 and slightly tweaked by myself. I would personally just credit solu9 as he conceived of and created them. It's all good.

Last edited:
Outstanding use of ingame textures. Maybe it's a little too high poly for my tastes, but still an incredible, solid and creative attachment. My only complaint is that the lava parts don't glow in the darkness (are not unshaded). Also adding some glows and/or particles will improve the lava theme.
5/5 +rep

Thanks for the comment BR, I appreciate it.
I thought about making particles for the cleaver but I would rather leave it as molten stone and not fiery :)
The file size is half because there are two cleavers. So around 27kb for each. Still I get your point.

Level 26
Didn't you modify those old bone sword attachments though? The reason I'm thinking that they look similar is because I used a similar attachment as a weapon in an older model I scrapped.
That version was made entirely using bone textures. Yours look surprisingly similar. If this is the case, a screenshot depicting the original author giving you the permission is all you really need.

Then again, Epimetheus seems to have commented on the resource himself, without showing any sign of protest. I'll deem that the sign of permission with that.
Btw. You misspelled Epimetheus in the description.

Edit:
I may have fundamentally misunderstood the description as it was a little messy. Basically, Epimetheus tweaked your older less refined models into the current state?
If so, shouldn't he be credited as a cooperative creator? I generally change the alternative author and add a "and PersonX" to signify that a 50/50 collaboration has been in play.

Also, the fabric part is going through the metal part in the second variation, you should probably fix that.

Didn't you modify those old bone sword attachments though? The reason I'm thinking that they look similar is because I used a similar attachment as a weapon in an older model I scrapped.
That version was made entirely using bone textures. Yours look surprisingly similar. If this is the case, a screenshot depicting the original author giving you the permission is all you really need.

Merely giving credit to the original author is not enough.

Ehm.. wha?

The cleavers are obviously made from scratch as all of my models are.
The original I created myself and the two current version have been edited by Epimetheus (as written in the description).
Why on earth would I upload someone else's models or modify and upload in my own name for that matter?
I have no idea what "bone sword" you are talking about is, and neither have I any idea what "bone texture" you are referring to.
These cleavers uses the Dark Portal texture.

Can you show me a link of what you are talking about so I can understand your confusion?

Edit:
Stop editing your previous post -.-

Level 26
Ehm.. wha?

The cleavers are obviously made from scratch as all of my models are.
The original I created myself and the two current version have been edited by Epimetheus (as written in the description).
Why on earth would I upload someone else's models or modify and upload in my own name for that matter?
I have no idea what "bone sword" you are talking about is, and neither have I any idea what "bone texture" you are referring to.
These cleavers uses the Dark Portal texture.

Can you show me a link of what you are talking about so I can understand your confusion?

Edit:
Stop editing your previous post -.-
Editing your post is ideal. It's far better to do that than double posting.

OMG OH NOEZ!
Apparently the moderator misunderstood the description, yikes!

I too found his post somewhat strange given that your models were thoroughly explained.
It was basically a rather poor choice of words and grammar. I assumed what he was trying to say that he had edited something that Epimetheus had made. Thus I specified that permissions were necessary.

It wasn't before I saw the first post that I realized what he meant. I generally just view the description and then check out the model. I'm not used to being forced to go through the comments as well to get the full picture.
The reason is fairly simple though, the comments generally tends to be populated by comments saying "1 million out of 10" and stuff like that, with little to no value. People that give max ratings no matter what resource they look at, loses their credibility and thus their value.

I generally vould've phrased it as "Epimetheus helped me by editing and improving my older model. Please look at images below to see the old versions"
You can attach pictures to the description though, you know that, right?

Editing your post is ideal. It's far better to do that than double posting.

It was basically a rather poor choice of words and grammar. I assumed what he was trying to say that he had edited something that Epimetheus had made. Thus I specified that permissions were necessary.

It wasn't before I saw the first post that I realized what he meant. I generally just view the description and then check out the model. I'm not used to being forced to go through the comments as well to get the full picture.
The reason is fairly simple though, the comments generally tends to be populated by comments saying "1 million out of 10" and stuff like that, with little to no value. People that give max ratings no matter what resource they look at, loses their credibility and thus their value.

I generally vould've phrased it as "Epimetheus helped me by editing and improving my older model. Please look at images below to see the old versions"
You can attach pictures to the description though, you know that, right?

I'll leave it with this slightly altered quote from the description:
"Note:
These versions of the cleaver have been modified by Epimetheus. Be sure to credit him as well if you use any of the two!"

And wonder how that can be misinterpreted.

I've been thinking,why did he use rope to tied the igneous cleave instead of chain
if its real well the rope will be Burn
But its still looking awesome

Heh I guess chains instead of leather would make more sense. You just have to go with leather this time though :)

A corresponding icon has been uploaded:
Igneous Cleaver Icon

Thanks for the comments!

This is completely awesome. 5/5.

I think you could definitely reduce the file size, though. The shape of this model doesn't require a lot of polygons to look detailed.

Thank you :)

You did take into consideration that it's actually two models which takes up 55kb right?
Both are around 27-28kb each.

Thank you :)

You did take into consideration that it's actually two models which takes up 55kb right?
Both are around 27-28kb each.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that there were two models, my bad. I see the slight differences now. 27 KB is suitable for this model.

Epimetheus's minor changes made a pretty big difference to the already cool model, as well.