• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gunslinger Officer

A steampunk gunslinger officer.

Specificities:
The second file is not the portrait but the version with cape and hat.
Use "throw" keyword for projectile spells.

Object editor values:
Combat animation backswing point: 0.52
Combat animation damage point: 0.41
(Combat cooldown time: 1.10 recommended)
Art animation cast backswing: 1.15
Art animation cast point: 0.52
Art animation walk speed: 290
Art projectile launch X: 0
Art projectile launch Y: 90
Art projectile launch Z: 110
Art death time: 2.00

You can use it at your will as long as you give proper credit for the model creation.

Update:
- Orb attachment fixed
- Attack anims modified
- More idle anims added

Keywords:
Gunslinger Officer Steampunk Human Empire Gun Pistol
Contents

Gunslinger Officer (Model)

Gunslinger Officer (Model)

Reviews
Misha 20th Oct 2013 Moderator's Review: I'd say quite cool model :) however, there are a few things you could tweak on both.. positions of the pistols look odd on the attack animations, like he doesn't really aim with them, and also the...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
20th Oct 2013
Moderator's Review: I'd say quite cool model :) however, there are a few things you could tweak on both.. positions of the pistols look odd on the attack animations, like he doesn't really aim with them, and also the arm movements are somewhat odd too.. it just lacks the fluidity of the other animations. weapon attachment has the orbs floating somewhat away from the arm, instead of maybe at the mechanical hand. electrical effects on spell anims are pretty cool, but i think you could exaggerate them a little bit more, so that they're lill easier to see.. and showing the arm effect (not the hand one) flicker on occasion in the stand and walk anims would be even better.

groovy, groovy, groovy, approved

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Pretty interesting. Personally, while I love Steampunk, this model could really shine if it were styled more in line with the grizzled Human champion of the gun... Perhaps like:

Humanmarksman.jpg

Anyway, things look pretty good, except those Attack animations are a bit wonky. Gun-shooters (wow, I'm sure there's a better word for that) don't bend their arms so unnaturally to get their eyes in line with the barrel; instead the arm comes out while the upper-torso pivots (other shoulder = back, head = towards gun-arm), giving a better profile and straightening the sights. Sorta like the Blood Mage's one attack anim, IIRC.

Also, is there any point at which he draws the guns? The transition from "Attacking" to "anything else" might be a little sketchy.

(speaking of which, if he's this super-cool advanced gunman, it seems like he'd be playing with his guns a bit more... Throw some silly & serious gun-tricks & maneuvers into his Stand animation line-up, if you can).

~~~

Anyway, just suggestions. Looks interesting overall, and definitely great for a 2nd model. Good luck!

Level 22
Thank you all for your feedback!

I have improved the model following your advices, and added new anims.
Regarding attack anims, i tried to make them more fluid but i wanted to keep them quick and fast because that is the concept of the character.

Roland

R

Roland

It's one Great update! I've downloaded it already, Now I'm gonna test it on my Project, Thanks amigo for making this Wondrous model!

this is nice. really really nice.

this guy has a very strong character. :)

but... this model is so close to very high standard, and i think it's really worth it to polish it up on its flaws. (it has some)
i highly recommend you to remake the attack anims. right now you have too linear movements, which look weak and slow. it should be fierce (according even to your concept). changing positions quickly, alternating with near still positions (especially the aiming moment. there should be a pause there). the shooting impact provokes movements that don't match the ones you made... maybe if you include the backswing from the impact in the attack anim it gets better.

the whirling gun trick right before attacking would be awesome. while a bit difficult to make.

edit: and moving the gun like that in stand ready isn't very nice. remember he's engaging combat at stand ready. he has a target and isn't idle, so he should be aiming at it already. (maybe insolently swinging each pistol in an alternated fashion to show he doesn't give a shit :p)

those are my tips. please don't give up on this until it is flawless :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
this is nice. really really nice.

this guy has a very strong character. :)

but... this model is so close to very high standard, and i think it's really worth it to polish it up on its flaws. (it has some)
i highly recommend you to remake the attack anims. right now you have too linear movements, which look weak and slow. it should be fierce (according even to your concept). changing positions quickly, alternating with near still positions (especially the aiming moment. there should be a pause there). the shooting impact provokes movements that don't match the ones you made... maybe if you include the backswing from the impact in the attack anim it gets better.

the whirling gun trick right before attacking would be awesome. while a bit difficult to make.

edit: and moving the gun like that in stand ready isn't very nice. remember he's engaging combat at stand ready. he has a target and isn't idle, so he should be aiming at it already. (maybe insolently swinging each pistol in an alternated fashion to show he doesn't give a shit :p)

those are my tips. please don't give up on this until it is flawless :)
+1 to the above.

Also, the "whirling-attack" shouldn't be hard at all; seriously just rip it right off the Blood Mage. Perfect animation for this guy.

(Unless you mean flipping the gun, in the air, before firing)

I really, really like this model. It has good animations, but I would like to see an animation where he fires both guns at the same time.

The file size is incredible considering that it includes TWO unit models within.

The mesh and wrap look good, very good use of in-game textures, but there's something overall making the model just not look quite right, I can't put my finger on it.

Still, it's good enough for a 5/5 from me, it's a fantastic model.

Edit: I think I might have figured out what makes the model look weird to me. His clothes are too clean.

Level 2
Good model though I agree with the need of a change of attack animation would work well on maps like Rise of the Vampyre as seen on PokemanHarald's channel, though it would be hard to make this guy as Lord Vincet Gdfrey due to the fact that Godfrey was a mage for the undead and then he used pistols and the fact that the outfit doesn't fit but the idea is a good one.

Would make an interesting Villain type character or like an old hero but both would of needed access to Titan Technology from Ulduar and such.

Level 2
Would love a Reforged version and Female Version (Both This and Reforged Styled) for the game, I love this model. 10/10 original design.