• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harkonnen Buzzsaw

Harkonnen Buzzsaw v2.1.
v1.0 - has Steam Tank's standard texture. No balance "wings".
v2.0 - has Steam Tank's standard texture. Balance "wings" were added. Updated in january 2014.
v2.1 - has Infernal Cannon's standard texture instead of Steam Tank's. Updated in april 2014.
v2.2 - model is optimized and it's size is reduced by 50%. Animation Stand 2 is deleted. Internal name is changed to InfernalBuzzsaw.

Keywords:
Dune, Harkonnen, Modern Warfare, vehicle
Contents

Harkonnen Buzzsaw (Model)

Reviews
20:37, 20th May 2014 MiniMage: While I find it dubious that a machine like this could drive in a desert without digging itself down into the ground instantly, it's worthy of approval. So, approved.

M

20:37, 20th May 2014
MiniMage: While I find it dubious that a machine like this could drive in a desert without digging itself down into the ground instantly, it's worthy of approval. So, approved.

well honestly, i think you should shave a lot of polys on the buzzsaw part, and also the gun barrels would feel just the same as 4-sided 'cylinder'

anims could be better too, and all geosets could disappear on the end of the death animation.

all in all tho, interesting idea, reminds me of one unlockable vehicle in an old car-combat game called 'rogue trip' :p

EDIT: you should change the model's internal name too..

Level 4
It should spin more during the attacks, it is a saw after all. It should even spin during the "Stand Ready" animation. After all, you don't wait turn the saw on just as it reaches the board, you turn it on when you're ready to use it and then use it to cut.

The file size seems rather enormous for this sort of model, also.

First of all, if you played Emperor: Battle for Dune, you should remember, that Buzzsaw's main purpose is squeezing enemy's infantry, just like tanks. And while it shoots, it stands, and of course it doesn't spin. And it also doesn't damage buildings and vehicles by it's saw-wheel.
About model's size - I'll try to optimize it and reduce it anyway.

First of all, if you played Emperor: Battle for Dune, you should remember, that Buzzsaw's main purpose is squeezing enemy's infantry, just like tanks. And while it shoots, it stands, and of course it doesn't spin. And it also doesn't damage buildings and vehicles by it's saw-wheel.
About model's size - I'll try to optimize it and reduce it anyway.

Don't forget that Buzzsaws could destroy spice fields by driving trough and thereby crippling the enemy's economy.