• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Butcher

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Diablo I version butcher. I've made this model to train my texture mapping skills, and of course it needs a lot more training.

Change Log:

1.0 - I used Fel Guard (Red) texture

1.1 - Added Chaos Grunt head
- Added Tauren Chieftain Halberd as the cleaver
- Texture of Particles Emitters type 2 changed (Star to Clouds8x8 - with fire colors)

1.2 - Swaping Fel Guard Texture for Chaos Warlock (Red) Texture
- I forgot that there's a cleaver indeed...so...Abomination Cleaver Added (replacing the T.C.Halberd)
- Head changed to a Eredar Head (Orcish heads, even Chaos Orcs, don't looks like too demonic)
- Added horns to the head

1.3 - Horns textures changed (Doom Guard to Grunt)
- Horns added which where should be the elbows (steel bracers)

1.4 - Particle Emmiter type 2 added and working only at Decay Flesh animation (reference to Diablo III death animation)

1.5 - Chaos Wolfrider head changing the Red Eredar's (public opinion)
- Particle Emmiters type 2 added in the portrait's eyes

1.6 - The registered mark of The Butcher, the Blood Apron, was added
- Bracers with Team Color since that will be difficult to see under the apron
- Sickle weapon Added
- New animations

"The fire in his eyes, his words are really clear, so meat it! Just meat it!"

Tested! And ingame seems to be functional...at least in my computer...

Model 100% based on Diablo I Butcher, remade with the body of a One Headed Ogre.

Recommended uses for this model:

Create a Ogre unit and change his Model File to TheButcher.mdx
Using the voice of an Abomination
Attack Sound: Medium Metal Chop
Spells and Abilities recommended:
- Firebolt
- Breath of Fire (with Attack Slam animation)
- Vampiric Aura

"The truth about the Butcher demon was more startling than I ever anticipated. Evidently, there are many of them within the Burning Hells, though they used to be solely under Diablo's command. The butchers are stitched together from the parts of other demons to combine their strengths, then given life through wicked magic."
- Deckard Cain

"Please, listen to me! The archbishop Lazarus, he led us down here to find the lost prince. The bastard led us into a trap...now everyone is dead...killed by a demon he called The Butcher. Avenge us! Find this butcher and slay him, so that our souls may finally rest..."
- Wounded Townsfolk

Keywords:
Diablo I, Diablo III, Butcher, Demon, Diablo, Demonic, Fresh, Meat, Cleaver
Contents

The Butcher (Model)

The Butcher (Model)

Reviews
14:25, 12th Feb 2016 MiniMage: Currently it is a geomerge swap of the head and weapon of an ogre, with the chaos raider and the abomination meat cleaver. Work on the mesh some more to make it more.. your own. So yeah, work on the animations and the mesh.

M

14:25, 12th Feb 2016
MiniMage: Currently it is a geomerge swap of the head and weapon of an ogre, with the chaos raider and the abomination meat cleaver. Work on the mesh some more to make it more.. your own. So yeah, work on the animations and the mesh.

Level 18
Well, The Butcher has a fatter, more pig-like head, similar to ogres or orcs. So I think I would have liked the first version better and would like you to send it to me if you still have it.

But no matter what head he has, this is a great looking model and very useful. An absolutely terrific job.

Level 20
As we all know the graphics at the time Diablo was done...90ths I guess....were not so great, and then I couldn't decipher what head is. And the head of the first version is just a Chaos Grunt head, nothing to add or subtract...But thanks...it lights my heart to know that some folks like my newbie job... :)

I'll send you the first model for sure!

Level 3
Third version definitly fits him better - love the eredar face on the butcher as well, but the third one looks more fleshed out.

Level 18
Loving the head, face, body, weapons and animations.

That apron needs work, though. It looks less like a blood-soaked apron and more like some kind of weird off-red cape he's wearing backwards.