• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Statue

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Update Fix

-Death Animation
his head going anywhere
-Decay Bone
add Disappearing

and for the Attack Alternate
you don't need that.to make your
model Alternate don't move use the Building as the Alternate

I have a Testmap below just download it

Keywords:
unit,Iron,Stone,Ambushing
Contents

Statue (Model)

Reviews
15:10, 4th Jul 2015 MiniMage: Could be useful. However, there's a constant clipping in the animations. The horns go through everything. Fix this and I'll approve this. 03:15, 25th Nov 2015 MiniMage: Wonderful, you've done some fixes. There's...

M

15:10, 4th Jul 2015
MiniMage: Could be useful. However, there's a constant clipping in the animations. The horns go through everything. Fix this and I'll approve this.

03:15, 25th Nov 2015
MiniMage: Wonderful, you've done some fixes. There's still clipping in the alterante attack, but the rest has been taken care of, fix this and it should be worthy of approval.

22:48, 24th Apr 2016
HappyCockroach: While MiniMage is right in his review, I'll ask you some updates more before this is approved.
- There's an overload of ubersplats. The footprint used would work if you model was a huge titanesque statue, and not a statue-wrapped footman. Although using such effects is a really creative thing, it seems more appropriate to use regular footprints for this specific model. Same applies to the death ubersplat, use something a bit smaller (as the current footprint). If you do a bigger and more epic version of this, your current footprints might work well.
The clipping issue seems to be resolved. This is a very interesting idea, and with the fixes mentioned it shall be approved as a nice asset in our database.

hey, this actually ain't a bad idea :b

But! shouldn't there be an even bigger smash effect when he dies? :p
and also a lot smaller smash effects when he walks

also his other sword shows in some anims where it shouldn't

EDIT: his particles are too many.. cut them all down by half and replace the eye ones with just teamglow 'eyes'

Sorry I forget to Change that Thing

Test map is Here

Attachments

• TestMap.w3x
    53.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Death animation looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
I like the effects when he walks,that's a very nice touch.However i feel it should be smaller and as Misha said,there should be a big smash when he dies.Overall i feel this is a good model and is quite useful so for now its a 3/5 from me

You didn't give it an unanimated stand alternate animation? It's a statue, dude! You missed out on a perfect chance. Give it a morph animation where it stands up straight and its eyes cease glowing, and a stand alternate where it stays in that stance, along with a morph alternate where it returns to its normal stance. That will drastically improve the coolness of this model.

As for the model itself, sorry, but the entire thing is wrapped blurry. The shield is the worst part; the rest of the model looks fine at an appropriate scale in-game. But that shield, man you couldn't have not noticed how blurry it is.

2/5.

You didn't give it an unanimated stand alternate animation? It's a statue, dude! You missed out on a perfect chance. Give it a morph animation where it stands up straight and its eyes cease glowing, and a stand alternate where it stays in that stance, along with a morph alternate where it returns to its normal stance. That will drastically improve the coolness of this model.

As for the model itself, sorry, but the entire thing is wrapped blurry. The shield is the worst part; the rest of the model looks fine at an appropriate scale in-game. But that shield, man you couldn't have not noticed how blurry it is.

2/5.
Not everyone know how to animate lolololol (at least they havent try or sumthin)

I actually animate the alternate version of it and i plan to send him, while i sent to the wrong person lol... And now i lazy to find it to give him

If he want, i can send him when im back from skul

Level 8
I think this is a great idea, and it could work as a variation to the Living Statue model already on the hive, but I think it needs a few things:

Eyes should be invisible during the stand alternate animation.
It's a statue, it should have slower animations maybe? Heavier Movement?

It's great now as it is, but you could make it much better.