• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trucks

Trucks
Credits to Hayate and absufarker12
I asked absufarker12 to help me improve the Particle Emmiter :) Im not sure how is it so wanna ask you guys

Changelog:
Added Gold and Lumber and Bomb
same size wheel
realize there is corpse which is not suppose there ---- fixed

Completely Remake from scratch
some little tweak and reduce the geoset count
Remade the Death animation and Add a Spell Animation
Some Fix on Normals and Portrait

-Added Better Explosion Hopefully (Credits to absufarker12)

Fixed some Clipping (Maybe?)

this is gonna be useful when I want to move animal in my Hayate Zoo

Suggested Soundset: Muradin

Keywords:
orc, siege, truck, worker, car, vehicle, jeep
Contents

Trucks (Model)

Assets
Reviews
17:25, 10th Oct 2014 MiniMage: Please fix the clipping of the model. 11:33, 3rd Apr 2015 MiniMage: Changes has been made to the model, but the clipping remains. So yeah, work on it this time. 08:04, 18th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Alright, the model...

M

17:25, 10th Oct 2014
MiniMage: Please fix the clipping of the model.

11:33, 3rd Apr 2015
MiniMage: Changes has been made to the model, but the clipping remains. So yeah, work on it this time.

08:04, 18th Apr 2015
MiniMage: Alright, the model looks decent now. Please update the screenshot as well, as it features the old version of the model.

Level 13
Now this is even more cool dude the orc ram rams the gate and after that this truck enters and releases some hordes forces.

lol, this is one of GLA's Bomb Trucks, only orc style, hehe, I very impress on how you made those truck-ish, will check its anims
And that bike....., anybody have an RPG, I'd like to see that peon flying, hehe :>

which is funny you'd say that because that's what I was getting ready to make, a literal ''GLA bomb truck'' or ''Goblin Liberation Army Bomb Truck'':

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/183403-albums6929-picture89096.html

only I was going to add dynamite and stuff, goblin land mines, goblin rockets. I'll go and still complete it just to see how my goblin truck turns out though =D my model wont be done for a while.

this models a nice start..... something is missing somehow, I feel its messy. its the wood, there's too much of it vertex clipping, you need more straightened metal/wood vertexes.

and that engine block looks odd too, im hiding my engine inside my trucks front cabin passenger seat to solve this issue, leaving the driver side intact but the passenger side gets the engine block the moving parts and the pipes.

those wheels I think are my Primary issue I have with you're piece, I suggest using the tinker tank texture in a manner similar to this model here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-203336/?prev=search=goblin%20car&d=list&r=20

to build tires for your car, this is what I have started doing my self and I think long term its worth it.

My judgement, based on the fact I too am working on something similar based off the same model, I feel like you're models incomplete feeling, but I am anal about my own work.

Suggestions: 1.) Fix the wood vertexes that are all clipping in the back wheels up through the back trunk, 2.) make that metal look less bent and awkwardly shaped, 3.) make the truck look more orky with orc stuff such as spikes, orc shields, or skulls/torches/flags so its less racially ambiguous. 4.) the front right wheel sticks out pretty far to its right, you could shove it more to the left so it matches the profile of the back wheel and to better match the front left wheel, 5.) a lot of the wood is weird and the vertexes clip a lot, you could make the wood frame of the truck less all over the place and more box shaped and even. 6.) you could add more detail to the engine, perhaps make that exhaust pipe more round and less boxy. 7.) I just noticed the wheels in the front go up and down, like they did originally in my demolisher model, fix that by altering the height of the bones that rotate the wheels, then alter the height of the wheels so the bones for the wheels are in the core of the wheel, this will prevent you're wheels from drifting up and down.

Things I like: I like how its supposed to be a worker vehicle, which is unique and rare, it has the gold/lumber animations which is really quite nice. The attack is meh but its not really that important and that could be the viewer. I like the textures you used for the team color sides, that's neat. I like the idea in general

5/10 so far.

edit: Fix ur screen shot it shows an older version of ur truck vrs the viewer. the wheels don't match (your screen shots front wheels are small but in the viewer they are the same)

Last edited:
more ideas of improvement, you could make the attack have a small goblin shredder saw come out from under the bumper, hence ''wood gathering animations'' it'd require like literally 4 vertexes and a bone and may be worth it.

Looking at the gold in closer detail I feel like you could add either more vertexes to add treasure like gems or gold nuggets or even just more gold sparkles emitters, or you could instead add attachment points so we can do these things.

Looks too much like a toy car to me. The metal parts need a different texture, and the shape of the drivers compartment looks too boxy and undetailed.

EDIT: Hmm, i see you are working on that already. Looks better, but still not enough imo.

What kind of texture do you suggest? I have no idea xd

attachment.php

Alliance Truck Incoming, Still have alot of work to do, this is just a Fast "Main Idea Wrap"

Attachments

• NewTruck.png
    NewTruck.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited: