• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trap

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: JesusHipster
Custom trape / killing post made by me. It contains 2 animations: stand and death
Contents

Trap (Model)

Reviews
07:58, 30th Apr 2014 Misha: the model is too simple and has this 'wooden toy' feel, overall design is bad, as it could have been better as iron, while having something like cover on top.. mabe grass or ground that changes with map? wrap is bad as...

M

07:58, 30th Apr 2014
Misha: the model is too simple and has this 'wooden toy' feel, overall design is bad, as it could have been better as iron, while having something like cover on top.. mabe grass or ground that changes with map? wrap is bad as well because it seems you just wrapped it up from the top, without paying attention to the sides of the model, each piece of the model needs to be well textured and not look like a indescribably vague blob of.. something.
the animations are too simple, as it's just spinning on stand, or shrinking down on death.. it misses a 'birth' animation, which could feel better if the (axle?) of the trap could telescopically rise up from the trap base, align the blades and then start spinning. same for death anim, but reverse. stand anim is kinda ok, but a lill jerky, try making the starting and ending keyframe of anims have the model in the same exact position, for fluidity

so yeah..neat concept, silly execution.. i'd encourage you to start again, this time refining it a lot more, or making it from scratch

Level 5
it looks like a good concept, but it feels kinda.. meh.. maybe badly wrapped blades? or something else

Hm... my friend told me to set stand animation frame count from 600 to higher value, he think that it'll make cutting animation better. Only today i studied how to use 2 and more textures in 1 model and how to create easy animation, so this is my first model on standart textures with easy animation)

Last edited: