• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nerubian Queen/ Leviathan

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I've been working on this model for a long time and it's finally ready to upload. So, she is nerubian queen. Her attack anim is based on nerubian's one. I also gave her alternate, faceless corrupted form. She uses tentacles to attack enemies from range. Attack anim looks much better if you give her few miliseconds between attacking. I'm not gonna give her morph alternate anim - it's permanent change. I hope her anims are good enough :D.

EDIT1: I edited morph anim.
EDIT2: Changed spawn models into particles - they now look much nicer. I looked at pictures of spiders carring their eggs and changed eggs in model. Anims and face still need some work, I'm gonna take care of them tomorrow :D. I'm thinking about changing body texture from nerubian to makrura one, but I'm not sure about it.
EDIT3: I've made new death animations, both for nerubian and monster form. Also changed first pair of body tentacles and slightly improved face.
EDIT4: I remade model from scratch, old model is now complementary model.

Keywords:
nerubian, corrupted, faceless, evil, leviathan, dark, old, god, tentacle, horror, monster, nightmare, queen, royal, crypt, fiend, weaver, swarm, brood
Contents

Nerubian Queen/ Leviathan (Model)

Nerubian Queen/ Leviathan (Model)

Reviews
09:51, 23rd May 2015 Misha: obviously needs some smoothness in some anims, a more elaborate death and morph anims, and not a spam of particles.. her corrupted head also could use being more grotesque and more intimidating and corrupted spikes/spider...

M

09:51, 23rd May 2015
Misha: obviously needs some smoothness in some anims, a more elaborate death and morph anims, and not a spam of particles.. her corrupted head also could use being more grotesque and more intimidating and corrupted spikes/spider eggs being 'glued' on her abdomen is a bad idea.... try to make that somewhat better, like.. if some specie of spider carries her eggs/young with her, then observe how they do it and apply to here

okay.. the old (siren face) queen has some issue in her morph anim where the particles are either cut or don't appear ingame.(might as well make the back-tentacles appear only at second but whith the hands) Her morph also needs some sound to be associated with the darkness that comes over her. her death alternate anim needs a faceless, unboken, or duneworm death sound, as they fit the creature she is then :p and also she needs some attachment points like 'hand left/right' overhead, head, chest, and weapon. so she can be a complete hero
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new queen, she needs a crypt fiend death sound (for normal death)(also faceless/unboken/duneworm death sound for alternate death). the aura at her 'death alternate' should also disappear like it does on the older queen. and 'dissipate alternate' should have the undead thing again. she also needs the above-mentioned attachment points (more-less) needs nerubian footstep sounds and footprints. Her Morph needs the suitable sound of darkness overtaiking. Also, you should try removing the fames/anims for 'disabled' and 'disabled1' as they really serve no function.. + that you'll loose a bit of filesize too.

i swear this alternate form gets more creepier by the update o_O

:xxd: anyway, i still think the death animations need more.. 'stuff' going on.. nerubians often have a flailing or twitching death.. sure, that's not really a must, but, a body needs to look like it has bounced a tiny bit when hitting the ground, and then all bodyparts go limp. also why not make a really theatrical, agonizing morph anim? could work, since you don't have her with a 'morph alternate' anim :p

EDIT: you can make the animations longer in matrix eater, if you're struggling, not having enough frames to animate in

Level 20
i swear this alternate form gets more creepier by the update o_O
you can make the animations longer in matrix eater, if you're struggling, not having enough frames to animate in
That's why death anim looks rather bad at the end - I didn't have enough frames to make it look better. I'm gonna improve it soon :D. Thank you :ogre_haosis:

Level 21
Amazing,i'm in love with the one on the right
5/5 + rep
Keep up the good work,i'm looking forward to more of your work.You are truly talented

The idea is good, but you've still got the exact same problem as usual. The animations need a ton of work.

Look at the attacks. If those were melee, do you think they would hurt at all? If the character is throwing something, would it even get to their target?

For the other animations, such as the death, is the character floating? Why aren't their feet anchored to the ground when they're supposed to be? I've been noticing the exact same problem with nearly all the other animators here these days, and I'm growing tired of my advice being ignored.

I hate having to do this, due to how it tends to come off, but look at some of my models, such as King Dragonheart, the Tauren Chieftain, and Thrall.

Look at their deaths and walk animations. While not my best, they atleast demonstrate the points I've been trying to get across. Look at how much weight I put behind their motions, and how their entire body moves for attacks.

Take my advice. Keep putting stuff out, and improve.