• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naked Lightning Elemental

Someone wanted this without the armor.
Give me credits if you use it.

Keywords:
Lighting, electric, jigrael, elemental
Contents

Naked Lightning Elemental (Model)

Reviews
21:33, 14th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: A damned good looking model. very well done. I would prefer it if all the lightning skins were compiled into one file instead of 13 seperate ones, but once you get past that, it just looks really awesome ingame...

M

21:33, 14th Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: A damned good looking model. very well done. I would prefer it if all the lightning skins were compiled into one file instead of 13 seperate ones, but once you get past that, it just looks really awesome ingame. anyway, works ingame, could be useful. approved.

If you cut down on the filesize or compile those textures, ill give it a 5/5.

Level 48
Would be awesome with some TC'd bracers and without teamglow, like the Blizzard's water elemental, so it can be used as a unit. Also, I guess the Dissipate animation is not really needed, seeing how he completely disappears after Death? If my memory serves, that is, because I didn't check it out in-game\in magos yet.

Level 2
That's just.. Awesome :O I am a fan of your lightning elemental and this just makes it even better :D So many uses ;) 5/5

Naz

Naz

Level 3
Bloody nice model... I have some uses for a nude lightning elemental

Level 1
not bad, it was complicate to make this one, but it was mostly waste of your time becouse there alredy exist some more detailed elementals on this base

Level 37
not bad, it was complicate to make this one, but it was mostly waste of your time becouse there alredy exist some more detailed elementals on this base

Incorrect. I'll be using this one instead of the armor one. I just don't like that armor around the body.

Thanks for the excellent model. I'll use this model for a boss fight.

Level 2
Freakin' sweet. I just have one suggestion, you should put something that can make it identify it as your own (team color). Maybe some floating shoulder pads?

Yeah, really, he could simply put all of them into one texture and then use different parts of the main texture. You don't see blizzard models importing a dozen textures for each part, they use a piece of the texture here and a piece there... The only time you would need to use more than a couple of textures is if you are using multiple in-game textures that are already used in other seperate models, pulling a piece from each texture individually.
If all of these textures were compiled into one, this would actually reduce the file size of the model itself, as it would not need to reference to so many seperate textures, and list their paths. This would also lower the size of the textures as a whole.

Level 28
Yeah, really, he could simply put all of them into one texture and then use different parts of the main texture. You don't see blizzard models importing a dozen textures for each part, they use a piece of the texture here and a piece there... The only time you would need to use more than a couple of textures is if you are using multiple in-game textures that are already used in other seperate models, pulling a piece from each texture individually.
If all of these textures were compiled into one, this would actually reduce the file size of the model itself, as it would not need to reference to so many seperate textures, and list their paths. This would also lower the size of the textures as a whole.

Funny how nobody considers that he may not be able to make texture animations.

Level 28
Thrikodius, that would be a lack of his own talent. The problem has a solution, not being willing to solve it is not an excuse. Every unsolved problem is unsolved due to unwillingness or inability to solve the problem. Is that an excuse? No.

Well as a modeler I myself know how annoying it is when people suggest things they don't actually understand. Although from your previous post I get the feeling that you have some knowledge on the subject.

Nevertheless, I personally don't see the amount of custom textures as a problem. To be honest I find it damn impressing that he actually took the time and effort to make all those textures that come together in an animation in the end, instead of just making ribbons with random movements across global animations.