• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Templar Ranger

A mounted Archer for my Templar model series. Can draw his sword and engage enemies in Melee range. Has both dissipate and decay animations, but is intended to be a unit.

Feel free to use and edit this model however you please, so long as you credit me.

Keywords:
Knight, Mounted, Archer, Ranger, Hero, Unit, Assassin, Bowman, Templar
Contents

Templar Ranger (Model)

Reviews
08:38, 21st Nov 2014 MiniMage: A custom horse would've given it a higher rating, but it's still nice as-is. Useful it is, for now.

M

08:38, 21st Nov 2014
MiniMage: A custom horse would've given it a higher rating, but it's still nice as-is. Useful it is, for now.

Level 26
A lance wouldn't be that hard to edit in. Go right ahead and use the base animations, I can pretty easily teach you how to edit one of the melee attacks into a lance jab.

Would it be too much to ask for you to do it for me? While you consider it simple, I consider it tedious, difficult and annoying. If you could do it for me I would really appreciate it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
please make a custom horse:c

Horse change please, as mentioned. :D
This is actually really cool, and quite useful; a melee/ranged-switching Cavalry unit, with a mysterious hood & past... In fact, the horse-issue is really the only problem I have. It's not that it's even a bad match in terms of "warcraft-iness", but in terms of "style"... I dunno. The horse needs something to match the coolness of that Rider. SRSLorz.

Also, I haven't forgotten your other models. Sorry. :<

Level 3
The animations of this model are bad. Except that it's good though I don't like his look... He has no face with this hoodie and red eyes.
But, because you did a warrior on a horse. That's really awesome for me. I need to learn to make mounted units but I don't know how...

How do I mount footman on that horse? For example? I use magos' model editor and I don't understand what to do to mount it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

This is insanely good. Not only is it a great model and a rare one (you'd think horse archer would be more common) but it also has a melee version of it, with everything separate.

5/5 no doubt!

Level 2
my English is so bad but :
this ranger has shadow face and i can see fear around him . u need make fear for his horse too . mask or ... without horse +4/5
whit this face this horse isn't his choice.
I don't know this is important or not but it's chest is similar female but muscles are similar to male .so i don't know to say he or she .
any way i like your model . plz let me use in my projects thanks . plz upload icon

Level 34
The lack of a portrait makes me sad, but this is still a great model.

I'd say this is a 4/5 as it stands.

If you ever did add a portrait, I'd have to bump that up to 5/5 (I'd love to see those glowing eyes of doom gazing out of the darkness of the hood).

I might actually use this for Variags of Khand, since they're hinted to be horsemen and the combination of blade and bow is very rare on the Hive.

Strange thing to use a Templar for, but it works surprisingly well!

- Sinandur

Edit: I actually like the Vanilla horse; it matches the colour scheme of its rider quite nicely.
The model has a portrait.

Level 2
I have a version of this model with (somewhat) fixed portraits and attachment points, I guess I'm allowed to share it, yes?
The author already said that anyone could use and edit this model as long as giving a credit. ^_^
Would you please give me the fixed one?