• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GreekArcheryRange

I want to see more ancient-themed maps for warcraft, so i made this set of ancient greek buildings inspired by Age of Mythology and 0 a.d. I rarely use ingame textures, nor make building models, and this was a nice change. I planned for the set to contain the following buildings:

*Town Center
*Barracks
*Archery Range
*Stables
*Temple
*Siege Workshop
*House
*Watchtower
*Dock

Something i always loved in RTS game is when you can see the practical details of how buildings are constructed, such as timber framing going up, floors being laid and pieces of material being spread around, so i tried to incorporate that in these buildings. They also use the standard wc3 scaffolding and i hope they will fit OK together with normal wc3 buildings.

There are "sprite" attachment points which will make fires appear when it is damaged. For the first time, i have also been generous in teamcoloring. Enjoy.

Ingame screen:

attachment.php

Keywords:
Archer, Arrow, Greek, Roman, Ancient
Contents

GreekArcheryRange (Model)

Reviews
13:48, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Same as the other ones.

M

13:48, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: Same as the other ones.

Level 7
Like the rest, 5/5 great job for looks, usefulness and ancient era love. Great screenshot setting as well.

Yeah, i thought of that, but i was afraid that it would pump up the file size even further (i would have to model a backside of the doors, add bones for them, and model a black plane behind them, or a doorway). It might be a lousy excuse, but i was also lazy after doing all the tweaking that needs to be done after exporting a model like this.

Level 15
Yeah, i thought of that, but i was afraid that it would pump up the file size even further (i would have to model a backside of the doors, add bones for them, and model a black plane behind them, or a doorway). It might be a lousy excuse, but i was also lazy after doing all the tweaking that needs to be done after exporting a model like this.

I understand. But if its a file size issue, perhaps trade the portrait for a work animation? It's a building after all.

Level 10
Nice! Now I have a place for horses and a place to shoot arrows at targets!