• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Captain James Hook

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
"Tick-tock tick-tock, Hook's afraid of an old dead clock!"

Icon - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btncaptainhook-276657/

Changes
-Added swing sounds
-Fixed coat cuff on hand
-Reworked hair movement
-Updated portrait
-Updated hook mesh and faces
-Edited UV wrap to look sharper
-Updated coat cuffs
-Updated hero glow to match brightness of other heroes
-Updated sword
-Fixed cuff/frill clipping on sword arm
-Updated stand animations
-Edited tace to have more expression
-Edited teeth
-Rolled back sleeves
-Made sword more accurate to the historical smallsword
-Edited coat to further match the coat in the movie
-Raised bow and braid
-Fixed back leg on stand ready and attack animations
-Edited Death and Dissipate animations
-Fixed wig clipping on stand 2 animation
-Added Alternate Animations
-Added Pistol
-Edited Face
-Updated Animations
-Updated Texture
-Added Spell Alternate Animation
-Added Smallsword Flash
-Quickfixed Flash
-Fixed glow around smallsword
-Removed Walking Smoke
-Fixed Dissipate Alternate Animation
-Fixed Death Alternate Animation
-Updated wrap
-Updated skin
-Fixed animation clipping
-Improved skin to be more accurate to film (TON of research)
-Removed Alternate Animations (filesize concerns)
-Reworked animations to be more like Hook
-Fully Re-rendered wig (Visible when hat is removed via editor)
-Fixed Camera
-Updated Portrait Animations
-Removed Gunshot sound from sword thrust

Keywords:
Hook, Captain, Gentleman, Pirate, Never, Land, Neverland, Peter, Pan, Rapier, Duelist, Hoffman, Dustin, Teeth
Contents

Captain James Hook (Model)

Reviews
14:36, 13th Mar 2016 Archian: Fantastic execution on this model. Great animations, I'm particularly fond of the Stand Channel animation. They suit the model perfectly. The texture work is splendid. It really does look like Hook! The filesize is low...

M

14:36, 13th Mar 2016
Archian: Fantastic execution on this model. Great animations, I'm particularly fond of the Stand Channel animation. They suit the model perfectly. The texture work is splendid. It really does look like Hook! The filesize is low which is another plus. I grant this model a Director's Cut rating!

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

best model evah! :3
i really love pirate, and this one is very well made :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Woooooahhh....

This is pretty fantastic, man. Ah dannae what it is; the mesh is neat & clear, the textures are just so opulent (& fit him, gold trim & all that (EDIT: ah, custom texture, of course; a shame. I was wondering what kind of wizardry you'd tapped into xD)), and the animations are really smooth & new & such.

I don't know that I could find a place for this in a "normal" map (the attention to detail & true-to-source-material-ness leads him looking so much like the movie Hook that it seems weird in Warcraft, IMO), but I could try... And if nothing else, that sick animation set could really grace some schweet model. Heck, is there *any* other "fencer"-type model on the Hive (callahan's, maybe).

Verah Noice, bud : )

Level 21
"Now where is this that Peter Pan and his merry band?"

Well this could be used even for a Pirate for something, but nice that you made this.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Great one!

The texture could be a bit better considerning it is a custom one,
it looks quite blurry/stretched in the preview picture,
but I could bet it isn't visible in-game.

Level 65
It would be (probably) be in violation of copyright, but as I am making no money from this it is allowed according to free-use(?) and some fan-works thing that I can't remember the name of. I also think the makers of the movie were bankrupt and went out of business and that Disney probably doesn't care that I am using the name for a hero in a game.

I hate copyright of any kind and if Disney would send their hounds after me for a free model, they'd probably have gone after both Toontown Rewritten and the Pirates of the Caribbean online remake first.

Level 1
Excellent Model

This is an excellent model.
But through test I may find a little flaw.
when hook attacks, he will show a sword which is not in his hand.
I mean he will skip the action of drawing sword.
Could you please Adding a action which hook walks with his sword like footman do?
That will be nice, 3Q for your devotion anyway

Level 65
Hm, guess I'll have to disagree as usual. I don't think it's DC worthy.

5/5 surely, but not dc.

I appreciate the feedback, anything I can do to make it more worthy in your eyes?

I don't understand why the Melee version has different clothes. But that's just me.

After realizing that the model didn't have very much going for it outside of the character it is based on (strange as that sounds) I decided to make it more complex, adding alternate animations allowing for a both melee and ranged hero, then I stepped it up a notch with the flashes on the smallsword and the whirring sound when he swings it.

HookExample.jpg

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Very nice model. Tempting to use this.

However is the alternate walk animation meant to create a short duration smoke that follows the character? (I have only looked in the model editor so far so I don't know this is the case ingame yet...)