• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Peasant(WireFrameEdition)

Wire frame model could be beautiful。

I hadn't else to say。
Contents

Peasant(WireFrameEdition) (Model)

Reviews
08:29, 19th May 2016 Misha: wireframe-like look of the model is good. but the 'skeleton' mesh with those balls/'bones' in not needed, and has too many polygons, making the filesize way too big. remove the 'skeleton' mesh and this model will become...

M

08:29, 19th May 2016
Misha: wireframe-like look of the model is good. but the 'skeleton' mesh with those balls/'bones' in not needed, and has too many polygons, making the filesize way too big. remove the 'skeleton' mesh and this model will become much better.

this model is making my warcraft stop responding.. sending it to 'needs fix' until we see what the problem is..

18:30, 19th May 2016
Misha: alright, now it finally works. Approved. Also very Artsy model

It's an interesting model. Very artsy.
It looks good and clean but Blood Raven has a point.
This model would be excellent in an environment with the same art style. It could be a really cool concept for a map/game. Or for some otherworldly experience.
But for WC3 it does not fit in at all.

Now if we had a ton of this type of model then it would be another story.

Level 7
It's an interesting model. Very artsy.
It looks good and clean but Blood Raven has a point.
This model would be excellent in an environment with the same art style. It could be a really cool concept for a map/game. Or for some otherworldly experience.
But for WC3 it does not fit in at all.

Now if we had a ton of this type of model then it would be another story.

I just take a look your art station,I like your pieces,Does you using MAYA or 3dsmax or Blender or something?

Don't get me wrong,I'am studying Model-Make。

Hope you could teach me something。

I feel like this has a sci-fi/futuristic aesthetic to it. As if you were to walk into a military lab and see this rotating on some platform or something. Pretty rad!

My origin thought is:It may be something like void shadow。
Walking at the night,Or when you closer in it will be disappear。

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
What's the point of doing this? This would generally be useful only to one type of a map. Maybe, upload them into the forums?

I guess this could be useful as a test unit of some sort. A hologram.

It sort of reminds me of this https://youtu.be/di7DI6Q7JXA?t=1m56s (I'm not using YOUTUBE codes because it doesn't work for some reason)

I wouldn't discard the possibility that it can be used outside sci-fi themes.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Looks like you just used a tool to convert edge into polys.

Yes, he uses a modifier of Blender which converts a mesh to a wireframe.
It is a simple click to do that.

However, it is interesting he preserved or re-added animations.
Abbendis, did you manually attach the vertices newly to the skeleton or
did you managed to preserve the animations during export and import from mdx to Blender and back ?

Level 7

did you managed to preserve the animations during export and import from mdx to Blender and back ?

...How...did you know i'm using blender?

It sort of reminds me of this https://youtu.be/di7DI6Q7JXA?t=1m56s (I'm not using YOUTUBE codes because it doesn't work for some reason)

I wouldn't discard the possibility that it can be used outside sci-fi themes.

Even i want to use youtube...I can't even visit that website...

If i input those models into software,Animations will be broken。

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
The way everyone is reacting to this.. it's like something impressive (which it is not). What's next? Rectangular cubes, triangles?

What a fantastic constructive comment! Even though the majority of people (old modelers included) praised its usefulness and idea, he stood against all odds to disapprove! With a glorious argument that includes "It's not impressive", truly words to live by, here, have this
reputation_smallpos.gif
for your post!

Seriously though, that was an unnecessary comment, you already gave your opinion on the model and then come back to discredit someone's work because of your own standards? Does all the attention this gets seems to upset you somehow? We're talking about someone who's just starting modeling in hive, and is doing a good job for their first submissions, why do you need to discourage them because it may have not taken them too much time to make?

I disagree, I personally like that skeleton addition and I would request to be re-added as a secondary model, along with the previous Preview Image.

the problem with that skeleton was its overwhelming amount of polygons, which was what added too big file-size to the model. optimizing a model is important
The way everyone is reacting to this.. it's like something impressive (which it is not). What's next? Rectangular cubes, triangles?

it is something new, refreshing, useful.. :p

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

What a fantastic constructive comment! Even though the majority of people (old modelers included) praised its usefulness and idea, he stood against all odds to disapprove! With a glorious argument that includes "It's not impressive", truly words to live by, here, have this for your post!

A Void is a spartan :ogre_datass:

Level 7
What a fantastic constructive comment! Even though the majority of people (old modelers included) praised its usefulness and idea, he stood against all odds to disapprove! With a glorious argument that includes "It's not impressive", truly words to live by, here, have this
reputation_smallpos.gif
for your post!

Seriously though, that was an unnecessary comment, you already gave your opinion on the model and then come back to discredit someone's work because of your own standards? Does all the attention this gets seems to upset you somehow? We're talking about someone who's just starting modeling in hive, and is doing a good job for their first submissions, why do you need to discourage them because it may have not taken them too much time to make?

That's fine,Every people refreshing in the scold...A good view could be repaired wrong。

Level 15
What's the point of doing this? This would generally be useful only to one type of a map. Maybe, upload them into the forums?

I guess this could be useful as a test unit of some sort. A hologram.

This model has a lot of potential. Using this as attachment of normal villager with some model modifications (like texture depth and others) You could make units able to be visible trough another textures. Useful for 3d cameras and Z built environments
it remembers me Dungeon Siege 2 visibility feature.
It's not the model, it's the idea back him!

This model has a lot of potential. Using this as attachment of normal villager with some model modifications (like texture depth and others) You could make units able to be visible trough another textures. Useful for 3d cameras and Z built environments
it remembers me Dungeon Siege 2 visibility feature.
It's not the model, it's the idea back him!

He should make tutorial instead, not upload dozen of wire-frame models.