• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star

This is model of red star, how its actually looks, im not founded a real star model anywhere, so made it on my own

You can change rotation rate simple by changing unit animation speed (its supposed to be a unit)

demo video

Keywords:
sun, star, space
Contents

Star (Model)

Reviews
22:08, 21st Aug 2014 MiniMage: It's a neat little star and features a similar level of quality to Fingolfins space models. It fits well. Approved.

M

22:08, 21st Aug 2014
MiniMage: It's a neat little star and features a similar level of quality to Fingolfins space models. It fits well. Approved.

I really like these, the atmospheric glow of your planets is also a nice touch. I like the general atmosphere in your sample map. A piece of advice though:

*Don't use skyboxes to represent space. They are really bugged in warcraft and will notably jitter, as you might have seen. Try to solve it by making a "floor" model with a looping image of space instead, use an alpha tile for the ground, and place the space model a fair bit below the ground. Also trigger the "Far Z" of the camera to be at least in the ranges of 10,000-15,000. Perhaps this could be used together with the sky model for more reliable results.

*Make sure your planet units don't have pich/roll, and also when moving them, don't use the jass natives SetUnitX and SetUnitY (use SetUnitPosition instead), otherwise the planets will also jitter due to them trying to move back into position. Could perhaps be solved by setting their movespeed to 0 (but this instead breaks SetUnitPosition).