• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zymeth

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Zymeth, Lord of the Lotus Clan.

Update: reduced file size, added braided hair texture. changed the tentacles into more zymeth ingame.

Keywords:
Zymeth, ThunderLord, LotusMaster
Contents

Zymeth (Model)

Zymeth (Model)

Reviews
13:41, 5th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Needs more work as it currently looks like the lovechild of arthas and that squid woman from that disney cartoon. Ariel.. something.

M

13:41, 5th Apr 2015
MiniMage: Needs more work as it currently looks like the lovechild of arthas and that squid woman from that disney cartoon. Ariel.. something.

lots of things are bad on this one.. waist and hair are too narrow and feminine, arms are too flimsy and lack volume, animations often deform the model due to how thin it is, hair in the back goes through the chest in attack anim.. dunno if it clips on other anims.. and lastly, the whole torso and head don't disappear on dissipate animation, but i would check and fix death anim as well.

The model were inspired from a Battle Realms Model, Zymeth and he has a rather feminine swag. With that said, Its meant to have a feminine sadistic touch. He uses magic, not brute strength.

and male body is male body.. it needs to have a certain shape, regardless if bulky or wimpy.. make his waist less narrow or i personally won't even consider it..

and also, you'll have to try making him feel the same or similar with ingame textures.. right now the filesize feels like too much

Level 10
Awesome model! Great job! Keep up the great work!

And by the way Misha, his waist is fine, ever look up the actual character? It looks pretty accurate.

Awesome model! Great job! Keep up the great work!

And by the way Misha, his waist is fine, ever look up the actual character? It looks pretty accurate.

Zymeth.jpg

this? where do you see a wasp-waist? I see a sassy man.. ( that does kinda look like a woman, but still has a right waist) let's not follow a low-quality other-game model to the letter, shall we? let's make him look even better for warcraft

Last edited:
Level 49
this? where do you see a wasp-waist? I see a sassy man.. ( that does kinda look like a woman, but still has a right waist) let's not follow a low-quality other-game model to the letter, shall we? let's make him look even better for warcraft

i would guess you haven't played battle realms. this model is pretty accurate to the in-game model of zymeth.

Level 9
Thank you guys for your support.

Misha, sir. I agree with the fact that it requires improvement and thank you for the constructive criticism.

However, hear me out. I wish to give the model a Battle Realms feel. I'm trying to make a mustang look like a mustang not a Ferrari.

My plea to thee is to allow the model's waist line, Good Sir.

Last edited:
Make something from the Wolf Clan!

I don't think you needed a custom texture for this, but anyway, it's still cool and is really quite similar to the original from Battle Realms. I hope the rest of your models will be as accurate! You're doing a very good job so far! I've always wanted to remake Battle Realms on Warcraft 3. Too lazy to actually do it myself, though.

4/5.

wow, great model, great idea. i will be playing battle realms later on today and using this model if i can.
It would help me if the models file size was decreased.

A complicated unit model with tentacles, custom animations, and a custom texture isn't going to get much smaller than 170KB. It's already got quite a nice file size for its quality.

Level 9
Nah, i got it. I used a different method. It's less complicated but I'll sure to revisit this info should the need arise. So, thanks.

The hair and the waist of the model is an artistic choice. If you can read the comments of the people who knows and have played Battle Realms. They love the accuracy and the improvement of the model.

Sure, he looks like he's got tentacles. But that's what they are, a mini tentacles.

Last edited:
well, at any rate, this model is still a cheap edit of a war3 lich.. which is too little work done to be approved

Battle Realms came out around the same time as Warcraft 3, and this model looks pretty much identical to the one from Battle Realms. If he made it look any more different from the lich just to satisfy you, it wouldn't satisfy its purpose of representing the character. Battle Realms and Warcraft 3 were being made at the same time, so each were being developed with the artists most likely not seeing the other, as neither had yet been released at the point when the artists were drawing the concepts for their characters. They were probably both inspired by the same thing, something else which had existed prior to both of them. It's not the modeller's fault that they're so similar.

Do everyone a favor and google Zymeth. Don't pay attention to any wallpaper-looking pictures; the game is old, way old. Look for ones that are cartoony and grainy. That's what he actually looked like in the game. His whole style, mesh and animations were very similar to the Lich's.

It's difficult to find any in-game pictures of him, but this is what he looks like:

Zymeth-battlerealms.png

Obviously Warcraft 3 has superior graphics, so he would need to have more detail to fit into Warcraft 3. He can't look exactly like the picture above. The way strongwill has made him look is great.

Whether or not it's of sufficient quality to be accepted is debate-able, and the creator's working to improve it. But whether or not it possesses sufficient changes should be off the table considering that the purpose of this model is not to be original, but to be a Warcraft 3 version of a specific character. "Original" is the opposite of what it's supposed to be, in this case.