• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wind Blade of Freedom Red

The wind blade of freedom fights for justice and will cut through anything if the cause is pure and truly for the good of many (fake bit O lore).

Anyway, here is a nice sword I made which I first drew a sketch of and liked it so much that I tried to make it very similar.

Enjoy, you have permission to edit for personal use but please do not redistribute and give credit, thanks!

(P.S, I wanted it to be good quality and to look right so the file size is a bit big, but i still love it wahaha)

(Update V1.1: made the blade a bit bigger and a nice amount more pointier at the end, which really did help!)

Keywords:
Sword, Wind, Blade, Freedom, Free.
Contents

Wind Blade of Freedom Red (Model)

Wind Blade of Freedom Red (Model)

Reviews
14:11, 19th Oct 2014 MiniMage: With two versions, one Low Quality and Medium Quality, I find this model useful and neat looking. Approved.

M

14:11, 19th Oct 2014
MiniMage: With two versions, one Low Quality and Medium Quality, I find this model useful and neat looking. Approved.

Level 14
I wanted the ribbon to stay permanently and even made the bone slightly move back and forth so that there was a pillar of green light from the gem in the hilt though the hole in the handle/base and to the tip of the blade : D.

soooooo intentional, but nice to know it was noticed hehehe since ribbons cannot be seen from inside the War3ModelEditor (hence no green pillar in top most pic) .
ty for the comment ^_^

(also have some nice green glow from between the wings which pulse to add more green flare)

Last edited:
Level 26
hmm.. is it possible to reduce the polycount somewhat? ideally by half xD or half of half?

Isn't it kinda okay, as is? It's just 1100 polies, after all. Granted, it's twice the amount of a low poly model.
But this is what I would deem medium quality. But hey, if he can lower polies without reducing quality, then I suppose all the polies he could shave off would make the model better.

Isn't it kinda okay, as is? It's just 1100 polies, after all. Granted, it's twice the amount of a low poly model.
But this is what I would deem medium quality. But hey, if he can lower polies without reducing quality, then I suppose all the polies he could shave off would make the model better.

I do not intend to reduce the size but I might edit it to make another low Polly version and add it to the complimentary model upload spot. : )

and yha, if it was to be a normal attachment meant for normal use... 400-600 polies would be ideal, if not less. ^_^

that works :)