• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Volcano Ashes

The effect particle model Volcano Ashes that made by me for my project Cursed Lands Siege

Updated. Current particle count: 82.

Keywords:
Volcanic, Blazing, Flame, Ashes, Ash, Fire, Abyss, Inferno, Infernal
Contents

Volcano Ashes (Model)

Reviews
22:44, 30th Mar 2010 DonDustin: reduce the particle count please shamanyouranus: Far too many particles. Please reduce. shamanyouranus: "Current particle count: 82." Wait...what? Right now it's 280. Try experimenting with white_64_foam1.blp to...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

22:44, 30th Mar 2010
DonDustin: reduce the particle count please

shamanyouranus: Far too many particles. Please reduce.

shamanyouranus: "Current particle count: 82."
Wait...what? Right now it's 280. Try experimenting with white_64_foam1.blp to achieve a better effect but with less particles.

General Frank:
changes are made. Approved.

Level 9
Like shamanyouranus stated you must reduce the particle count. I've been experimenting with the particles trying to see what would reduce the count I've found that using the ReplaceableTextures\Weather\Clouds8x8.blp texture instead of the Clouds8x8.blp one would enable you to reduce the emmission rate from 20 (which you have now) to 15 without messing with the quality of the model.
:fp:Also, try reducing the emmission rate on the other particles while increasing the size a bit.Btw, my particle count was 87 after this.(Won't save the model with the mods just experimenting).

:fp:I will rate it after you reduce the particle count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.