• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trex

Made by Olof Moleman
Animated by Rao Dao Zao

Give credit if you use this in your map

Please do not distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
dinosaur, trex
Contents

Tyrannosaurus rex (Model)

Assets
Level 8
this is great and well worth the wait, hail to the king. i love the skin but you know me olof, i cant resist i must skin it for myself, i know i know, why if the skin is perfect. because its a pleasure to work on such a thing and have it turn out lovely. thanks for t-rex we all love you.

Level 3
hee cool olaf your from holland too :) like the model and your skins are improving very much aswell! IMO he bows to much forward, what makes his arms look long in comparision with his legs. overall, 3/5

Level 1
I keep getting an empty folder when i try to download this model.

I'm sure when it does download it will be of the usual high standard expected from Olof.

Level 1
OK the last post I put on seems to have disappeared. I'm still getting an empty folder. I have downloaded a lot of files and know how to extract them. Is there a server problem please?

Level 5
beautiful! good skin with relatively low polys, awesome model, arms could be slightly shorter, but that doesn't matter all that much.
I'd have to give a 10/5 :D
...wouldn't you agree? it's one of those things that you work long and hard on and when you are done, you don't care what people say, you are satisfied, happy, and proud.... one of those things you can just sit back, enjoy, and ponder... 8)
good job olofmoleman! good job RaoDaoZao!

Level 25
Nah, you're wrong

Argentinasaurus is by FAR the biggest dinosaur. Hell, Gigantasarus TOWERS over Spinosaurus

Hell, Spino was lucky he lived in Africa. If JP3 didn't make their size WAY too big, that T-Rex would have PWNED him

Since Jurassic Park III came out every one thinks the Spinosaurus in bigger and stronger then the T-rex, but it's not, the T-rex is way stronger built, and a complete Spinosaurus has never been found, so it's hard to tell how big it really was, maybe it was a metre or so longer then the T-rex, but no taller of stronger, the real king of dinosaurs is the Giganotosaurus and it was also the alltime bigger land carnivore, it was about 14 m long. T-rex was about 12 m, and the Spinosaurus was maybe 11 m to 13 m. And the biggest land animal that has ever lived was Argentinosaurus. Argentinosaurus was weighed about 100 ton and was 30 m long.

Level 18
the model is really good, but the T-Rex attacks too highly!! He bites in air and it looks like he dont attack really the units, i have it in scale 5, because he was BIG :) Perhaps rao dao zao could make some more animations, e.g. where he looks at ground shake his head and roars, like the film, that would be cool!! otherwise completely well 4/5 :) and before i forget, the legs are too small and too "weakly" and the arms are to big, fix it, it looks better!! :wink:

Level 25
Hey WarlordChris, you know who's the retarded monkey?

You

Some primates should not call themselves humans. Now go back to throwing your dung at passerbys

I cannot even BEGIN to think about what kind of mental issues it would take to change an obvious T-Rex model into a four legged canine or a primate

Level 2
The model is good and skin is too. Very awesome.
But this lacks into one point and that make this model sucks very hard: Attachment Points.

There is no attachment points, all buffs will have no graphical effects on the model...

Tail very short !!!
Yes the tail is short, but so is the body, it would look weird if they were longer, and the collision in wc3 would be totaly screwed up, the tail is fine in proportion to the body.

There is no attachment points, all buffs will have no graphical effects on the model...
Yes, it doesn't have any attachment points, but on a Dinosaur it doesn't matter that much, it's not like dinosaurs need weapons to attack, but indeed, all kinds of graphical effects won't be vissible.

Level 1
:x :x Hey can anybody tell why still the model dont appear still the irritating word "Could not load file thingy"
still appears and a stupid green box is still here. Well i followed the instruction change the file to Textures\Trex.Blp and leave the model file as is but still it will not appear whats wrong??????or am i wrong????

Level 1
bro how come the dinosaur is so small it wont work for my map unless he big good model but i want reply on how to make him bigger

Level 1
i have a problem when i try to import the t-rex model it wont load i followed every single step on the link on how to import it and it still wont show up can anyone help me?.