• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree

I change the Tree that I upload here
when this Tree

Update Fix
-Death
-Birth
-Fix the Missing Plane

Keywords:
Tree
Contents

Tree (Model)

Reviews
[20:25, 15th Mar 2016] The_Silent: The tree looks good ingame, but has some issues that has to be fixed before it is a approvable. Must have: Way too many unnecessary triangles in the leaves. Especially at the buttom of the tree. Add some...

M

[20:25, 15th Mar 2016]
The_Silent:
The tree looks good ingame, but has some issues that has to be fixed before it is a approvable.

Must have:
  • Way too many unnecessary triangles in the leaves. Especially at the buttom of the tree.
  • Add some triangles to the end of the cut off branches in the death animation. The lack of "ends" is very visible ingame as it is now.
  • Instead of adding more meshes for the death animations, reuse some of meshes you already have. An example would be the leaves dangling to the ground.
Could have:

• Normally Trees in WC3 have "birth" and "stand hit" animations. These would really improve the quality and the usefulness of the model.

[13:58, 25th Mar 2016]
The_Silent: The tree still have the issue with the missing planes on the end of the stubs.

A new issue: Remove the white from the preview image.

Also, the previous textures were much much better. Wc3 tree textures aren't very good. Now it just looks like a ordenary wc3 tree with a new death animations, which were not the point.

[11:37, 27th Mar 2016]
The_Silent: Changes Made. Approved

Lowering the filesize of the texture will lower the filesize of the model. If you're really desperate about lowering, I suggest finding ingame textures that could give a similar result.

But I can't see any Texture in mpq that will look similar to anime Texture
well some of, the Mpq Texture are look similar but Blurred Texture

Level 2
I applied this model to the lordaeron summer tree but when i tested it in-game the trees came up invisible. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? It would be much appreciated!

Level 2
You probably need to open this model in Magos's Model Editor and see which "Replaceable ID xx" texture it's using, then insert that "xx" number into the "Art - Texture Replaceable ID" field of that tree.
I opened the magos editor but where do i find that information? im new to this part

Level 2
Cool model.

Hey you're a model editor maybe you can help me.

I imported this in my map and everything and made the Art - Replaceable Texture ID 32 like it says in the Magos editor but in game it is still invisible.

What am I doing wrong?

Or anyone who sees this in general

EDIT : PROBLEM FIXED:

I set the variations to 1 and changed Lightweight model to False

Last edited: