• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sword of War [HD]

Info
Just created that awesome Sword of "War", one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse!
Totally made from scratch and to keep the filesize low, this weapon only uses InGame textures!

This is a High Quality Weapon Attachment, which works well and without laggs, if not over-used in your map.
Mainly it's supposed to be used as Sword for "War" and there's only one "War", but it's ok if you use this weapon several times.

It's one part of some request and hopefully I'm going to create more of the horsemen, not only the weapons, the horsemen themselves are my aim, too.
Changes
- Added some cool Wrath Effect
- Changed the Blade's Texture. (was too white before, now it has bit more texture)
Enjoy using this awesome Sword!
Please give me credits for my work and do NOT edit it without my permission!

Keywords:
War, Wrath, Sword, Attachment, Apocalypse, Horsemen, Four, HD, HQ
Contents

Sword of War [HD] (Model)

Reviews
09:00, 14th Sep 2010 anarchianbedlam: Wow, what a great looking sword, i thought it was a custom texture for a moment. Great use of ingame textures, useful and works ingame Approved

M

09:00, 14th Sep 2010
anarchianbedlam: Wow, what a great looking sword, i thought it was a custom texture for a moment. Great use of ingame textures, useful and works ingame

Approved

Level 18
It is a awesome weapon. Can we get a in-game screenshot? It looks like it got a custom skin. I can't understand how you made that without. But it is very high poly for a weapon.

I know it's high poly, but it's ment to be High Quality. But this doesn't affect the Game's speed much, when you just use one or two of them InGame :)
(might be more, if you use less doodads, just test it, most people have mainly good PCs out there)

As for the Screenshots, here you go:
screen1zy.jpg
screen2ny.jpg

Level 2
Very nice, how ever you need to think realistic.
The sword is very old and it could never be that shiny as it looks.
And as i have found the sword is mostly dark grey and has no lava on it.

Besides that -> Goooood Jooob.
4/5 because it still is very awesome.

Level 18
Man!! I love it. Looks great! Good job, it sure is HD. :D Are does skulls from the Arthas model?

Yes, but they're from the Arthas1 skin :p Except one skull :)

wow rip and you can see that at least 70% modelers here are using wow rips ;)

Sometimes, but not often. Was on the search for some model that can demonstrate that sword.. was too lazy to search a lot, that's why I ended up with this Human Knight Model. Doesn't depend on Wow stuff for me.. Mostly I don't use Wow Rips, but sometimes, maybe as showcase, they just work fine :p

I love it, though, I don't like the nearly pure white blade.

Yeah just thought about that, too. Maybe I can find a better or bigger texture for this, because I used that blueSteelAxe for it, but it's a very small skin, and I had to strech it a bit, which ended in this nearly pure white blade. but meh, works for now :)

Level 18
Ok, just did a few changes on it. Like Fan said, the Blade was too white, so I changed the texture with another one and tried to fix this a little bit. It's better now I guess.
screen2af.jpg

Oh and I added a cool dark Wrath Effect to the Sword, to make it even more awesome!! (If that was possible, hehe)
Could look a bit streched on the pic, got a widescreen Monitor and forgot to change the solution of Game.
screenshotrc.jpg

Level 25
Thought that this had a custom skin for a second. Cool looking, and an epic WIn. I just don't like the skulls. change them, or change the lava effect to something... different.

That is not the way to criticize in a correct way.. You can't tell him to change the skull and/or the lava effect just because you don't happen to like it? Tell the guy why you don't like it instead D:

Level 7
@Elaniel:
I didn't "Command" him to do that. I just said my opinion. I didn't like them, since they don't fit the razor-sharp parts of the blade. I said it would be better IMO if he did something like darker, like stone, not lava, not skulls (Well, maybe some or maybe all skulls could stay there).

Level 25
Allrighty, sounds fair. But it sounded more like you said that he should change it because of what you thought about it. But I see your point, expressions are hard to show on the internet, so you need to be clear by your meanings so people like me won't missunderstand you.

Last edited:
Level 18
Maybe I'll do some other versions of this Sword.. like: without Wrath Effect (I don't like that you always say lava effect ^^ it looks more like energy), some darker skin, without skulls, etc.

But for now I'll leave it as it is now, because I like it very much and it looks really cool and what it's supposed to look like.. :p I'm sorry for the guys, who don't like that sword, but it's ok, hopefully they like the other versions.. but it could take a while till I do such versions.. I have other priorities.

However thanks for the comments @all :)
(Ratings beside your posts would be cool, too)

Level 2
The Energy/Red Glow to it is fine.
The problem is the Orange to Yellow cracks in the sword.
And the Skulls are a nice thing to the sword, removing that would make it look like a massive common sword.

Ofcourse it is your model and you do anything you want with it.
Looks pro.

Level 18
The Energy/Red Glow to it is fine.
The problem is the Orange to Yellow cracks in the sword.
And the Skulls are a nice thing to the sword, removing that would make it look like a massive common sword.

Ofcourse it is your model and you do anything you want with it.
Looks pro.

This orange and yellow cracks in the sword are awesome! I really like them, but they make the skulls look a bit wrong in place.. but this lava-like texture was just soo well fitting I couldn't replace it anymore.. It took me a lot of time to find a fitting texture and wrap it to this sword to make it as good as it was possible, but for this middle part I haven't found any suitable skin for this part that looks cool, most are streched or just don't fit enough for it..
The best way would be creating a custom texture for this part, but I don't wanted to increase the file size of the model, because just about 20KB is a big deal for such a great detailed weapon, or?
I'm really proud of this, because nearly everybody said as first comment: "Wow, I just thought this was a custom texture on the first look!" That's just awesome, and they are just normal simple Wc3 InGame textures.. so all is possible, it just needs time :)

However.. I might do other versions of this, if there are enough people wanting this, but for now I really like my work and would like to leave it at this status now! Thanks for all your comments, ideas and critics! Let's wait for the next cool Weapons hehe :)

Level 18
@88WaRCraFT3
-- feel free to resize it to your needs, but don't forget to give credits, hehe ;)

@gralant
-- yeah, I thought it might be better to use InGame textures and to keep it more Wc3-friendly and also small in kb-size. (beside of that there's no perfect InGame texture for this sword.)

@Mitshuida
-- As several times mentioned before, yes :) And I continue soon to make other weapons and even War itself, so stay tuned!

Thanks @all for your comments!! :)