• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeleton Lord

An agile undead hero armed with swords that cut through reality.
Uses in-game textures, has portrait camera and animations.

Do not edit without my permission and give me credits if you use it.

Suggested art stats:
Blend Time - 0.25
Cast Point - 0.8
Run Speed - 440
Walk Speed - 200
Death Time - 4.4

Projectile Impact Z - 60
Projectile Launch X - 0
Projectile Launch Y - 150
Projectile Launch Z - 62

Damage Point - 0.4
08.03.2013 - Fixed issue with names of weapon attachments, made attachments rotated towards the weapon's tip, made particles in spell SFX rotate, some other changes that I forgot.

Keywords:
Skeleton, Lord.
Contents

Skeleton Lord (Model)

Reviews
15:17, 8th Apr 2013 Misha: That's a rather unique model :)

M

15:17, 8th Apr 2013
Misha: That's a rather unique model :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Dang. Will have to check this out.

Also, keep in touch; I still have to respond to that Frost Revenant (remember him?) guy. xD

//EDIT

Wow, really snazzy stuff. I usually avoid what seem to be "generic Skelly heroes", but this has an element of uniqueness that I enjoyed. Thoughts:

• The whole "void blade" concept that was present in all the attacks & spells was quite interesting. While I see "Void" stuff more as a function of 'planeswalkers' or 'demons' or 'voidwalkers' or something, I have to admit it made things interesting.
  • The second blade almost looks like a gun.
  • The detailed rib-cage and TC floating heart (ala Frost Wyrm) is a long-standing tradition among true Skelly heroes (*cough* Deadeye *cough*). Even better is the impressive 'floating heart' Dissipate; nice.
  • Of the Spell anims, one of my favorites was just "Spell"; so many people overlook the elegance & 'sense-making' of a simple mental command.
  • Solid animations all around; the samurai-esque "Walk Fast" was cool, the included-Portraits handy, and the way he wielded the void/truncheon/sword/thing was dexterous, to say the least.
  • While I loved the excellent use of little-used textures, I have to say that they were so uniform he almost sorta... Blended. I'm not sure what could be done (to his back/shoulders? loincloth?), but he could use... Something.
    The gauntlets are a good example. Excellent texture, and all in a concise location that is beautiful & functional.
    Ok, maybe not the best example. But I like the gauntlets. :p

Keep it up. And let me know if you need ideas. :p

//EDIT2 - 999 posts, eh?

Level 19
A interesting model as I said, I think the animations are awesome and the composition itself is epic. The only problen wold be the number of polies, but its a hero, so I think will never have a horde of then on the map anyway.

I liked the void stuff on the blade, and the right hand gauglet, the type of detail I love (has a thing for assimetric armor)

5/5

Level 14
The only problen wold be the number of polies, but its a hero, so I think will never have a horde of then on the map anyway.
The ribs, spine and pelvis soaked up a bunch of pollies, I could have made them simpler but than they wouldn't have looked this good.

btw,why Sheleton?
Is she a girl Skeleton?
That was a mistype.

Level 3
wow, it looks bloody awesome, i would use it for my map.. but it just looks way to good, wouldent fit in with all the wc3 models.

5/5
+ rep

Level 3
your models have some of the best swinging animations i've ever seen
it would be amazing if you could release models purely made of sweeping trails like this