• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sai

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Sai
Another Japanese Weapon made by me, again, Just to Fit my Katana, Even though the quality is not as good

Changelog:
Slightly Increase the Length of Middle Sting
Changed the INternal Name to the Right one
Done Some Tweak

Keywords:
Sword, Bamboo, Japanese, Samurai, Katana, Japan, Ninja, Kodachi, Black, Shot, Cut, Slash, Cut, Spear, Halberd, Lance
Contents

Sai (Model)

Reviews
21:03, 3rd Apr 2015 MiniMage: It's not a unit, don't categorize it as one. Misha: the Sai blades/stings need to be wrapped to a nicer metal-like texture, so it feels 'sharp'; and the model(s) should have a death anim, just so every geoset...

M

21:03, 3rd Apr 2015
MiniMage: It's not a unit, don't categorize it as one.

Misha: the Sai blades/stings need to be wrapped to a nicer metal-like texture, so it feels 'sharp'; and the model(s) should have a death anim, just so every geoset disappears quickly when unequipped ingame

Level 26
The thing is, life is keeping me busy. Making an attachment is essentially ensuring that moderating time will be delayed by a couple months. No one really wins. Out of the 7 pending pages, only 2.5 of these pages are actual unit/hero models that I will focus on.

Priority wise, attachments falls on the last place.

Level 49
Blarg, more attachments. We got 5 pages with attachments.
Why are people making so many of them? ;I

None of us moderators like testing these, making the pending section just build up a pile. ;I
We occasionally have to though, but damn it. Testing attachments is a pain.

because people are lazy. too lazy to rig and animate. like me, i'm very lazy.

Level 4
Well, downloaded and tested.
At first glance, it fits its purpose. The outer edges angle should be more closed and elongated, according to many Sai's i've seen, but that's just personal taste.
Opened in Magos, looks well from it, shows up well.
Opened in Mdlvis, 41 vertices and 72 triangles. Looks well from what I can see, Perhaps the bottom handle thing could use less of them.
Did a little test in WC3, well, they're really big with the villager model, but that's easily fixed with scaling. And perhaps they're somewhat more shiny than they should be. other than that, it fits well to it, hence it will fit many other models.
To sum up, good work. It's going to be useful.
4/5, vote for approval.

Well, downloaded and tested.
At first glance, it fits its purpose. The outer edges angle should be more closed and elongated, according to many Sai's i've seen, but that's just personal taste.
Opened in Magos, looks well from it, shows up well.
Opened in Mdlvis, 41 vertices and 72 triangles. Looks well from what I can see, Perhaps the bottom handle thing could use less of them.
Did a little test in WC3, well, they're really big with the villager model, but that's easily fixed with scaling. And perhaps they're somewhat more shiny than they should be. other than that, it fits well to it, hence it will fit many other models.
To sum up, good work. It's going to be useful.
4/5, vote for approval.

woah! Nice, Thanks for the Detailed Comment XD