• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Beast Rider (The Beast)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Spiritar orcs are also born skilled healers and hunters, providing them with superior instincts. War however requires power and in dark cellars beneath the ground, kennelmasters train terrifying creatures and wolves twice a size of a dog to tear, smash or swallow their enemies whole... - War of the clans flavour text

And now they are unleashed!

Noticed that the animations might look wonky/stiff in magos, but that's the programs fault, not the models.
Also terribly sorry about the file size, but I needed a shit ton of bones, besides I got a lil' exited with the armour bits.

Update 1: Sat his ass down.

Update 2: Visual changes to the wolf's headgear to match the rest, also fixed "attack slam" animation.

Keywords:
Wolf, Rider, Orc, War, clans, behemoth, kennelmaster, beast
Contents

Orc Beast Rider (The Beast) (Model)

Reviews
08:33, 21st Nov 2014 MiniMage: The model has potential, but needs more work. Also, the animations need reworking to fit with the spear. There's also numerous clipping in the animations. Work on this.

M

08:33, 21st Nov 2014
MiniMage: The model has potential, but needs more work. Also, the animations need reworking to fit with the spear. There's also numerous clipping in the animations. Work on this.

Level 10
Seems like having him stand on the wolf was a bad idea.

He needs far bigger wolf if he wants to stay on him + we want to reach some ferociousness. Bind him with heavy chains to the wolf so he won't be thrown out from his saddle. Take example from my profile picture.

umm, yeah, mostly in his current handicapped state ;/

Hmm

Well updated so 5/5 all the way!

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmm, I like the really unique idea of him standing up, and i bet from game angles his proportions are less wonky, maybe a kilt to hide his legs?

EDIT: It's all one file too, that is a huge plus for me, especially since this was made for a project and could have been broken up more without really hurting the intended work, I did notice a bit of wonkyness in the orc during walk animation,

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Huh.

Well, I rather like the idea of a "Heavy"-version of the regular Raider; sorta like an "Advanced Raider". The wolf is hyyyuuuuggeee, though, and that head armor is even worse... Not sure if that could be minimized slightly.

The dude is cool (though his spear is a little lame/bleh compared to the epic Raider sword), and the animations are pretty good (seems like the Orc mostly gave up the attacking to let his vastly-superior Wolf-mount do the dirty work xD). That being said, correct me if this is a problem with the Model Viewer, but the "Attack Slam" seems to involve the Orc burying himself in the fur of the Wolf (i.e. the wolf gets on 2 legs and the Orc doesn't move back far enough, leaving him ensconced in a furry back). Might want to look at that?

Good stuff overall; keep working!

Level 10
Huh.

Well, I rather like the idea of a "Heavy"-version of the regular Raider; sorta like an "Advanced Raider". The wolf is hyyyuuuuggeee, though, and that head armor is even worse... Not sure if that could be minimized slightly.

The dude is cool (though his spear is a little lame/bleh compared to the epic Raider sword), and the animations are pretty good (seems like the Orc mostly gave up the attacking to let his vastly-superior Wolf-mount do the dirty work xD). That being said, correct me if this is a problem with the Model Viewer, but the "Attack Slam" seems to involve the Orc burying himself in the fur of the Wolf (i.e. the wolf gets on 2 legs and the Orc doesn't move back far enough, leaving him ensconced in a furry back). Might want to look at that?

Good stuff overall; keep working!

Ah shit, that slipped through did it? It's from when he was standing at its back, he would be flopped of and hang by his chain reins (which are removed as well), now he just belly flops the wolf :/. I'll see if I can't add a mad cackle or somesuch to replace it.

Real sorry about this upload turning into a wip-fest, but I sort of had to change the model fundamentally as my original idea didn't really suit hive.