• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nephilim

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I was cleaning my hard drive and i saw my warcraft modding folder. Took my chances at submitting this before I erase it.

Nepihlim is a half human half angel creature, venturing the mortal world to seek advise on her life's ultimate quest: to give up humanity and ascend as a full angel or to give up her angelic lineage and become human.

-Animations are from scratch
-Credits to Dawn Whitelighter from base model
-Credits to Thrikodius for the wings
-Textures suck, I know. I can't texture sorry
-Constructive criticism please, still contemplating on going back to animating

Keywords:
angel, holy, heaven, human, nephelim, light
Contents

Nephilim (Model)

Reviews
08:28, 26th Oct 2012 -Grendel: texture really needs some update. animations and mesh however are very well done.

M

08:28, 26th Oct 2012
-Grendel: texture really needs some update. animations and mesh however are very well done.

Level 18
Pretty decent model... Very anime like...

During 'Death' animation, it would be much more natural for the model to look down at her left hand/abdominal wound before dropping to her knees, then have her head follows her left hand upward before dying as it is...

The 'Attack' and 'Spell' animations looks great, but there are some others which are kinda slow as it would be better if they are a little faster...

The 'Walk' animation would be nicer if it was a little faster...

You are missing a 'Decay' animation (for unit) or 'Dissipate' animation (for Hero)...

Overall, it's a pretty good model... I give it a 4/5!

Level 16
An anime game rip and just beside The Nephilim are half angels and half demons created by the first woman... Lilith... acording to some sources she was Adams first wife who betrayed him. And yeath its spelled NEPHILIM not NephElim

Level 5
@Wandering Soul, Thanks man, I'll wait for a mod to get me more feedbacks then i'll see if I'm still able to have enough confidence to do something about it.

@JokeMaster, it's not a rip. and I'll take that as a compliment. Also nephilims (sorry for that) are half-angel and half-human beings. When fallen angels wandered the earth, they chose human females and mated with them... -.-

Level 16
Then so i would like to see some wip's from the model creation. Becouse i have no reason to belive it's not a rip. And just beside there are 3 versions of the nephilim creation.

Level 16
And now thats cool a self made anime model!
You have talent i must admit. When u finish more of those shown in that thread it would be cool. Especialy the dwarf riders :p

Level 16
U dont need to make cool models with custom skins. Creative usage of ingame ones lets u make wonderfull models too. Look for gendels, deoldrins , proxys or franksters works and check 'em :p

Level 5
awesome reach on those animations, plus its an anime :D

hehe. although I wasn't aiming for it to look anime-ish, I can't think of a better way to make the hair fit to the face.

Lovely animations, i realy wish to see something of this kind, done in warcraft style)

Great model 'n' anims! But try using ingame textures, will fit more to wc3. Anyway gj! :)

Thanks guys, I am actually thinking of going back to animation. But I will take this chance to ask a texturer to collaborate with me as I have no intentions to study texturing as of the moment. A modeling partner perhaps.

My un-textured models
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/cayles-wip-204909/

Level 5
I knew it. Texture's gonna bring this baby down. guess it's gonna stay rejected until I get to learn how to texture.

Sin, trust me if you use in-game texture it will not fit the anime model, its better to do the cell-shade from scratch that using in-game texture. Its supposed to be use on anime maps anyway.
Meh, I'm not gonna do anime maps. as much as my work would look like anime, I don't really like anime. I just don't feel like detailing in the nose eyes and mouth on the face mesh, thus making it look like a plain half sphere, which is commonly seen in anime. But no, anime, never.

I do think in game textures would work to, but I just wanted the texture to look exactly like how I drew the character so I decided to do a custom one.