• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mithril Greataxe

A mithril greataxe to the collection. Considered a two-handed weapon for the right hand.

January 30, -15: I reworked most parts of the model and changed the name from Mithril Axe

icons_17886_btn.jpg
Heinvers has made a fitting icon for this model

Keywords:
Axe, Weapon
Contents

Mithril Greataxe (Model)

Reviews
12:07, 5th May 2010 General Frank: Quite cool usage of the ctity textures. Approved.

M

12:07, 5th May 2010
General Frank:

Quite cool usage of the ctity textures.
Approved.

Level 48
I like that "curve" on the wooden part, but I think it makes the weapon look somewhat unstable. I think that by making it all straight the weapon might have a more imposing effect, and will look less like it is about to break in half after the first strike. In addition, the "bigger" part of the metal blade seems to have a very blurry unwrap. Using a bigger part of the texture, if possible, will fix that. The cylinder connecting the two "parts" of the blade looks strange, blurry and unfitting. I don't know what you can do to fix that to be honest, so I it's fine as it is. The way the blade "sticks out" in the front is strange. Just a simple shape for that part would have been better, in my opinion. Perhaps just move the most "frontal" vertex(the tip of the blade) to the up and left, to create a sort of "curved" ending to the blade. And finally, the front and back parts of the "stone"\"marble"\"city structure" parts that connect the different parts of the axe are very stretched. This could be fixed with a rewrap of those parts. Other than what I mentioned here, I really like the axe. It seems unique, the texture choice is original and it just looks great. The polycount is pretty low, too, which is great.