• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metal Fox - Anti-Air Artillery

Description
The Metal Fox Heavy Anti-Air Artillery Tank was developed under strict secrecy. The vehicle is a nightmare to all enemy air units and infantry units.
The chassis is based of the Grizzly MBT with major changes and modifications and has a very durable armour and protection. It is outfitted with the newest ECM gadgets and tools to prevent the vehicle being scrambled from fire. The main armament is a pair of high-calibre 40mm gattling cannons with precision lasers and depleted U238 HEAT ammo. Although very expensive and only deployable later in battle, the vehicle is worth the investment because it keeps the skies free of enemy units.
Credits
Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit/take parts from this model without my permission.
Have fun with the model.
Model version
v 1.0: [18th October 2010] Base version.
v 1.05: [19th October 2010] Added/updated the death explosion.
v 1.1: [26th November 2010] Removed second tracks by better use of materials. The model is now approximately 15kb smaller.
Keywords:
tank, super, heavy, super heavy, barrels, General Frank, General, Frank, threads, laser, rocket pods, rockets, rocket, barrage, mammoth, mammoth tank,
Contents

Metal Fox - Anti-Air Artillery (Model)

Reviews
21:00, 18th Oct 2010 anarchianbedlam: Yet another absolutely kickass tank. Everything looks great, except the death animation isnt playing properly ingame, there's no explosion or fire or smoke. I dunno if it's suppose to be like that or if something...

M

21:00, 18th Oct 2010
anarchianbedlam: Yet another absolutely kickass tank. Everything looks great, except the death animation isnt playing properly ingame, there's no explosion or fire or smoke. I dunno if it's suppose to be like that or if something got deleted by accident. Anyway, ill take a look at it again on the next update.

UPDATE: changes made, it's approvable now. I would suggest tightening up the death animation though, it seems like the tank falls apart before it explodes. Oh, and because your using a spawnobject node instead of particle emitters, the death explosion will only show up ingame, but not in magos or the editor. Just a heads up for the others who are a bit confused on that.

But kickass tank nonetheless. APPROVED

Ah, sweet, you released it. :)
Well, I'll check the animations as soon as I get Magos working on this new computer.

Hell, it was about time I release that one.

Looks great *testing*

EDIT: ~tested~ awesome animations and very detailed. I love the shooting animations :)

Thanks, buddy.

So awesome! I liked the animations, specially the attack. I'll give you a 4/5.

Thank you very much.

Level 9
Holy sh*t... :goblin_wtf:

Wow thats a nasty looking little AA tank! I suppose its the Terran answer to the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...dgehog-aav-147865/ "Space Orc Hedgehog AT-AAV?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but rest assured I will, just looking at it I can't help but give it 5/5, nice work. :thumbs_up:

Regards,

Jake

EDIT AGAIN: I see now, the Icon got rejected because the model itself couldn't be approved, glad to see you fixed that death bug, I'll have to re-download it.

Last edited:
Level 23
Review in Magos:

Mesh

One of the best Tank meshes ever, but what else do I expect from a General. The details on the gatling, especially the support bracket, are really nice, so are the front lights, aswell as the ammunition retainer. While the frontside of this model totally focus on the immense fire power of the gatlings while showing the orientation to air attack ( radar ), you did a great job on giving the backside a nice layout aswell. Overall the mesh gives the feeling of a fast tank that is able to control not only the air but also be very mobile and fast in use => totally awesome mesh

Textures

Let me quote Red Shift here: "A colonel uses custom textures. A general uses ingame textures!" And hell, we should get bored of you always using the tinker texture for all your tanks. WOndering why we do not? Because you do use it in such a great way, that none of your tanks looks like the other but still remind of each other in terms of fitting them. However limiting your texture choice to the tinker texture does not at all give justice to your texture use.
THe amount and well chosen textures proove that you do know nearly every ingame texture perfectly and knows how to use them. That's just immense and I have to say, great job. Now the wrap: I see no significant flaws here aswell. Nothing looks stretched in anyway!

Animations

As always, your animations do look awesome, now going into detail
About the attack animations I would have loved to see every single gatling fire aswell and not only the combination. But that's just optional.
Death: Since I only take a look in Magos I cannot say that much about it, but I do know from your other tanks that it is really good.
Again fitting to your other tanks: The dissipate animation which is still just awesome!
Nice and useful idea as well concerning the spell animations using the radar!
The stand animations are great again. The variation is great however I don't see why you only did include the "one-gatling-movement" here and not aswell for the attack anims. My only concenr here is the that in stand 1 the radar moves very quick, maybe slowing him down would look better, especially when lopping the anim.
Same goes for Walk.
Overall fitting and good animations!

Particles

From what is visible in Magos: Very nice.

Creativity

Same as textures. Is the tinker textur overused for your tanks? Is it not creative in anyway? No, it is creative. This mesh is individual, it is very nicely done, but fits your tanks well, too, while still looking individual. I can really imagine this tank on a battlefielt shooting down the air forces of the enemy.

Overall

What can I say. We only do have one Dircetor's Cut pack right now. Put your tanks together into a pack and we shall have a second.! This tank is just uberawesome, congratz and plus rep. K THX BYE DUDE!

Last edited:
They're not stupid, there was obviously somthing wrong with it.

I can garentee you that comments like that will not bring you any good.

There was nothing wrong with the icon. Since the model was set to rejected until updated the moderator in duty though that the resource is permamentally rejected.
So please don't say what you do not know.

Level 4
Holy sh*t... :goblin_wtf:

Wow thats a nasty looking little AA tank! I suppose its the Terran answer to the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...dgehog-aav-147865/ "Space Orc Hedgehog AT-AAV?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but rest assured I will, just looking at it I can't help but give it 5/5, nice work. :thumbs_up:

Regards,

Jake

EDIT: Why did you Icon get rejected? Looks fine to me...

i believe it is an upgraded version of the other aa unit. like theres the Grizzly Mk2
and ursa major.

actually, if i take a closer look i have 2 say that it must be renamed a bit, coz it's not an artillerie, it's arms are both miniguns (--> volcano gattlings). an artillerie again, is a fat, long distance-firing, ground-2-ground canon. but anyway it's good made, @ least better than the 1 tank i tried 2 make,(still got it, but not animated). 4 those who are interested, i am currently trying 2 make some robots and such.