• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Igneous_Pauldrons

The Igneous Pauldrons.

Worn by the orcish warchief Ogar Splinterfist as a part of his Forge Fury armor set.
The pauldrons were forged in Mount Tor'arkan as his Igneous Cleavers.

Note:
The file contains two models. One for the right shoulder and one for the left. This way you can use it as a one sided shoulder armor as well.

Use the "chest" attachment point.
Heavily optimized for the villager but I have tested them on a few heroes:
- Mountain King: good
- Paladin: fairly
- Blademaster: bad
- Lich: good
- Demon Hunter: fairly

The corresponding icon for this model can be found here:
Igneous Pauldrons Icon

The whole set so far:
202017-albums8809-picture107456.jpg

-Redesigned for the "chest" attachment point

Keywords:
Igneous, cleaver, fire, flame, burn, molten, lava, shoulder, pads, armor, guards
Contents

Igneous_Pauldrons (Model)

Igneous_Pauldrons (Model)

Reviews
23:41, 4th Apr 2016 HappyTauren: Just make it attachable to chest and it's approved. Update: Works well now!

M

23:41, 4th Apr 2016
HappyTauren: Just make it attachable to chest and it's approved.

Update: Works well now!

overhead? shoulder attachments are meant more to fit the 'chest' attachment point

Hm. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I tried head first, but that was horrible.
I'll see what I can do about it.

Do you have some feedback on the shoulders themselves rather than where they are attached? :)

Since you asked - the good things are:
Color scheme offers clearly visible contrast from top-down view
The mesh is well made and doesn't cause see-through holes when equipped
You're creating a set so this'll get even more useful
The detail is top notch and will probably look even better once the set's complete

Semi-bad things:
The spikes don't exactly stand out that much since the contrast between their base and top doesn't make them all that clearly visible from top-down view, but this is fine in my book, it's just not how blizzard would've done it., then again, if you made models the way blizzard intended to, shoulderpads would have 10 triangles each.

So I don't really have anything to complain about, just continue producing quality work and finish this set :)

Don't worry, I will certainly bitch if something's really not up to my taste, I always critique things I don't like/don't think are good, you've just done a very good job so far.

Last edited:
These look really cool! But the file size is enormous for shoulder pauldrons. I think you should try to cut the total size down to 50 KB, but that's up to you.

4/5.

The spikes don't exactly stand out that much since the contrast between their base and top doesn't make them all that clearly visible from top-down view,

That's a good point. Maybe he should change the wrap, swapping the colors out to have the insides of the pauldrons beneath the spikes be dark, and the borders be orange.