• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

House Door

There are a lot of house building models out there but I decided to make my own and I decided to share them.

This one requires patience and precision as it is a tight fit but it looks good when you get it right.

These models are easiest to work with at scale 1.1 in the editor so that it covers roughly 2 tiles in width.

Whatever scale you work with them in they should all have the same scale to fit together.

icons_17837_btn.jpg
The Panda made a fitting Icon for this model.

iCI2qpI.png

Keywords:
Door, House
Contents

House Door (Model)

Reviews
09:09, 8th Feb 2015 MiniMage: Useful.
Level 30
Amazing use of ingame textures. It can't be opened though, right?
That's the only thing I can think of to improve this.

Right. I was thinking of making an alternate version which can be opened. The reason I did not do that to this model is because it is meant for multiplayer maps for which you want to conserve file size.

With an opening door I must first make a hole in the wall (increase polycount), add some faces to the door (increase polycount) and add animations (slightly increased filesize).

But as stated maybe with an alternate version later :)

Level 2
Great! but why isnt there a open or closed and maybe even a destroyed animation it could be useful for rpg maps.

not in a bad way of course i think its very useful for making maps and all!

Last edited by a moderator: