• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hammer Bros.

Hammer Bro

By: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Character Description:
These ranged agressive Koopas have the ability to throw hammers at their enemies.
They do not tend to hide in their shells when they get hit. So Mario and Luigi can kill them more easily, either by jumping, throwing projectiles or using the star.
(Note that I'm more familiar with the older Mario lore than the new Mario lore, so I don't know if the Hammer Brothers are behaving more different in current Mario games, I haven't played so much Mario games from Gamecube and Wii, since I don't own these consoles)

Model Descriptions:
A modification from my Koopa Troopa model, which itself was modified from the One Headed Ogre model. Gave it a Hammer, a more aggresive expression and a slightly different skin tone.
New walk animation is used on this model, because the old one made him look like if he enjoys bashing his head.

IMPORTANT - READ THESE IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS MODEL TO ATTACK MORE ACCURATELY:
There are some stuffs you need to do on your custom unit in Object Editor:

For best appearance on the Hammer Bro unit, do the following steps:
1. Art - Scale Projectiles should be set to True
2. Remove Large/Medium/Small from Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments
3. (OPTIONAL) Change his Art - Scaling Value to 0.75
4. (OPTIONAL) If you are NOT going to use the model for team play, but instead use it for creep in an RPG, Tower Defense etc, the set Art - Team Color to Dark Green or Neutral Hostile. (I recommend Dark Green and Black due to looking more accutare to the real Hammer Bro character)

For recommended missile throw (or damage) timig change the values to 0.300 on the two lines below:
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point

If you want to make Hammer Bro's axe disappear from his hand when he throws it, add Upgrade to these two lines below:
Art - Required Animation Names
Art - Required Animation Names - Attachments

So don't complain me about failing to make this character attack properly when I have posted a simple guide that will make sure that your Hammer Bro unit will become accurate when it attacks. It's your own fault that you didn't read it.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

Directories:
HammerBro.blp

Remove war3mapimported\ and restart World editor.

MDX file can have any path.

You can get the Hammer missile here.

Keywords:
Hammerbros, Hammer, bros, hammerbro, bro, mario, mushroom kingdom, koopa
Contents

The Hammer Bros. (Model)

Reviews
08:41, 4th Oct 2008 General Frank: Model works ingame and performs excellently. Again, a masterpiece of mdl art and Nintendo characters.

M

08:41, 4th Oct 2008
General Frank:

Model works ingame and performs excellently. Again, a masterpiece of mdl art and Nintendo characters.

Level 26
Nice Mario Bros. model DvO.
Skin looks good, the animations are good chosen, the portrait is already in the model making importing easier, the team color looks awesome on it and there is nothing wrong with this model.

rated with 4/5 but only because I only see use for it for a Mario map, but for that kind of map it is 5/5