• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gul'Dan

This is a model of Gul'Dan the warlock from the game Warcraft II. Please give credit if you use it in a map. Thanks to General Frank for making it work ingame :D
Update: He now has one attack and one spell animation, instead of two attack animations.

Keywords:
gul'dan
Contents

Gul'Dan (Model)

Gul'Dan (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « [Date = 5th of August, 2007] [Approval status = Approved] [Rating = (8) Awesome!] [Main points] [x] Gul'Dan is stable and useful.

M

» Wolverabid «

[Date = 5th of August, 2007]
[Approval status = Approved]
[Rating = (8) Awesome!]

[Main points]
[x] Gul'Dan is stable and useful.

Level 24
@Richardwarrior2, *Sigh* This model kicks ass, and this is how Gul'Dan really looked in warcraft II. Besides, it's not his duty to make models either. He makes them for us, for free, and you whine on him and tell him it was a bad choise of model creating selection? bah... Be happy he did anything at all.

@Crusadious, as mentioned before, he had an undead mount in WC II, that's just so, I dont think there's a reason for this but so it is and I think it's great that someone took the time to do this.

9 / 10 Kick ass model, love you for making it. Gul'Dan's always been my favorite character from the lore. Keep it up.

Level 39
Wow, thanks everyone for all the nice comments :) I hadn't expected that at all.

@x5.gearbox, Of course you can use it :D As long as you give me credit.

@Crusadious, He DID have a skeleton horse in WC2. Have you ever played the game?

@Linaze, Thank you :) I like Gul'Dan very much too, that's why I made him ;)

Level 45
"Gul'dan can be seen in Warcraft II leading an expedition to uncover the Tomb of Sargeras, though not much detail is provided. The player is asked in an orc campaign level to destroy Gul'dan's clan waiting outside the cave. Gul'dan is shown with the appearance of a *Death Knight*."

HE HAD A FRIGGIN SKELETAL HORSE MOUNT IN WC2!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gul'dan

@Crusadious, know your lore and your games. If you continue to bitch about models with biased reasons,historical or lore aspects then GO AWAY or hold you tongue.

@Richardwarrior2, stop it, if you continue to flame and troll this model I WILL punish you.

Level 4
so high and mighty for just a simple WC3 modding site moderator,and my knowledge of lore is greater then yours ever will be Werewulf. Let me ask you something,was there ever a summary of Gul'dan with the words saying "he rode a skeletal horse"? No,and Gul'dan is not a Death Knight,he's a warlock that created Death Knights from the slain paladins of Stormwind. And finally,Blizzard only made his model a Death Knight in WC2 because they're too lazy to make warlocks

Level 45
Crusadious:so high and mighty for just a simple WC3 modding site moderator,and my knowledge of lore is greater then yours ever will be Werewulf. Let me ask you something,was there ever a summary of Gul'dan with the words saying "he rode a skeletal horse"? No,and Gul'dan is not a Death Knight,he's a warlock that created Death Knights from the slain paladins of Stormwind. And finally,Blizzard only made his model a Death Knight in WC2 because they're too lazy to make warlocks"

1. I never said he was a friggin deathknight.

2. Warlocks ride skeletal/demonic horses if you didn't even know the lore on that or did research. So whats stopping him hmmm?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Dread.jpg

3. They were not lazy as it was default for all hero units to use common unit sprites and was accepted. oh and just to state, its SPRITE, not model.

4. Also Guldan didn't create DK's from slain palidans, he made them mainly from the knights of Azeroth.

5. Editing your posts eh lol? Funny...and its funny how you see me as so "high and mighty" just because I have facts and i am a moderator. Your throwing fiction at the author's face and I'm just defending him with evidence.

and i quote:"@Crusadious, know your lore and your games. If you continue to bitch about models with biased reasons,historical or lore aspects then GO AWAY or hold you tongue."

You wish to spam here and bitch about the lore of a model? Do this again and i'll be forced to take staff action for your total disregard to the author of this model, the site and your horrible manners and sense of respect.

That goes for everyone else, ignore Crusadious, if he doesn't ignore then punishment will be taken on him.

Level 40
By this point, who cares? The model looks nice, and you people are really spending too much time arguing about the lore behind it. If he called it HeroOrcGuyOnSkeletalHorse, you wouldn't complain.

Try to appreciate it as art, not finding what you see as a "flaw due to lore"

Finally, let's face it. The description said "This is a model of Gul'Dan the warlock from the game Warcraft II". You said yourself that he had a Death Knight sprite in Warcraft II. There seems to be a general consensus that Warcraft II Death Knights all rode skeletal horses. Thus, he rides a skeletal horse in this model, because the sprite he was represented by in Warcraft II had a skeletal horse as the mount.

And if blizzard used a death knight sprite, maybe they intended him to look like a death knight. Just the slightest possibility, yes?

Level 25
Crusadious, ANYONE can ride a skeletal horse

Gul'Dan just has taste. The orc ones rode skeleton horses all through WC2, or didn't you notice those horned demonic things they rode around on

THE KEYBOARD. STOP TYPING ON IT

Level 4
Mecheon,not everything can ride on Skeletal Horses,much the same as they cant on Mechanistriders.They didnt ride horned demonic things (Daemons) becus they kill every fucking thing they see. You know jack-shit about lore,and if u do ur research you'll learn a damn thing or 2. YOUR LIFE. STOP WASTING IT.

Level 25
Oh my god, someone's thinking they're a TOUGH BOY. Well kiddo, now lets play

I'm not sure which WC2 you played you little cretin, but in the one I played the Death Knights clearly rode upon skeletal horses. Horned, demonic skeletal horses, but skeletal horses all the same

What's that? Not believing me? Well then, how's about the official WC2 concept art for the Death Knight?

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer_metzen.php?cat=warcraft&art=57&sub=31

Now how's about you go do some research and apply lore to the situation. Other races could ride mechastriders if they were made larger, but gnomes designed them specifically for themselves. Skeletal horses are ridable by Trolls, who look ridiculous, Orcs, who look meh, and Undead, who look natural

OPPS, DIDN'T NOTICE THAT, DID YOU?

Shut the fuck up and learn some lore noob

Oh, and I'm not wasting my life. I just know a lot of useless stuff like that

Level 4
You all cannot even near match me in lore,for I know all you could know of the Horde, and too end this, Gul'dan wasn't a Deayj Knight,he made them from SW soldier bodies and Orc souls (Read Tides of Darkness) and they apparently did something of the same sort to the horses. Gul'dan didn't ride anything, read the fucking book, he walked around like most Orcs. Ok? Basically this concept is like the Green Dragon model in WC2 insted of the Red one which it is supposed to be since it was of Alexstrasza's kin, model-making laziness. And concept art doesnt matter, it is basically fan-made art or art that can mean anything relating to lore or not, so Mecheon don't try to best me, I can beat you at every corner. Have a nice day :)

Level 3
I really seem to wonder why this guy goes on and on about a model just because it wasnt just like the one ingame... plus its been 2 MONTHS.. mustve not been paying attention at all to the sargeras tomb issue.

Level 26
Crusadious, you are a conceited, self righteous moron. You clearly don't know what evidence means. If you say Gul'dan doesn't ride shit like that, then SHOW us the quote that says he never rode on the skeletal horse. SHOW us the little morsel of lore that contradicts with Metzen's official concept art. All you do is run your mouth. If you have time to point faults at someone else's evidence, then PRODUCE YOUR OWN. "LOL IF YOU LOOK AT WOW, U CN CLERLY C THRAL DOSNT RIDE A WULF, THER4 WC3 IS WRONG"

Level 2
@Mahucharn: just thinking about that would make him look more bad-ass like. But then again that form of his wouldn't fit oh so well on the horse.

So many wasted childhood hours on that.

Level 7
You all cannot even near match me in lore,for I know all you could know of the Horde, and too end this, Gul'dan wasn't a Deayj Knight,he made them from SW soldier bodies and Orc souls (Read Tides of Darkness) and they apparently did something of the same sort to the horses. Gul'dan didn't ride anything, read the fucking book, he walked around like most Orcs. Ok? Basically this concept is like the Green Dragon model in WC2 insted of the Red one which it is supposed to be since it was of Alexstrasza's kin, model-making laziness. And concept art doesnt matter, it is basically fan-made art or art that can mean anything relating to lore or not, so Mecheon don't try to best me, I can beat you at every corner. Have a nice day :)
You are a self-rightouss fool... You don't understand ANYTHING!
To clear things up,
at the end of the first war,
Gul'dan promises Orgrim new warriors, he takes his fallen warlocks, necrolytes, and such, and imbues their souls into gems which were placed into truncheons. Using these truncheons and the slain Knights of the Brotherhood of the Horse, he created the Death Knights( the first being Teron Gorefiend).
The green dragon in WC2 WAS A RETCON, originally, Alextrasza's kin looked like that, but as Blizzard expanded the lore, THEY RETCONNED IT, it wasn't laziness, that was just the original design.
Who says Gul'Dan didn't ride a horse, I mean, all that travelling could get tiring you know! PLUS, THIS IS A RECREATION OF THE WARCRAFT 2 GUL'DAN, and in WC2, GUL'DAN RODE A FREAKING HORSE. So if you don't like it GTFO...

Level 2
@Tauer

really great job on the gul'dan model. And dont pay attention to the jackasses who are commenting on its relativity to WCII when they haven't even played the game. I'm making a reenactment of gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras, not the crappy night elf campaign one. anyway, I was wondering if you could make a Cho'gall that respects the actual portrait characteristics. It's really frustrating having to use an ogre lord model. anyway pm me if youre up for it.

@Crusadious

I dont doubt your knowledge of warcraft 2 lore but dude, Guldans model in warcraft 2 did have a skeletal horse. It doesnt mean he was a death knight but it might have been used to ease transportation.

edit:

@Crusadious

dude I just finished reading your other posts and ur a real asshole so Im gonna scrap the polite approach. Look, you say no one can match you in WC lore, well guess what douchebag, i can. You are the stupidest most stubborn waste of human life on the F***ing planet. The concept art and ingame model of warcraft 2 DOES show Gul'dan riding a skeleton horse. And if your such a WC historian, then maybe you could figure out that if guldan has all this power to make death knights, the maybe he decided to make himself a dead horse. And even if he wasnt supposed to be a death knight, WC2 came out in 1996. Back then Blizzard didnt have the time and money to change the entire game interface so that Gul'dan had his own proper model. Look at the rexxar campaign, rokhan's voodoo spirits spell doesnt even shoot out voodoo spirits, it shoots out freaking crickets! Blizzard just didnt bother changing it. Anyway my point is that this Gul'dan model is supposed to look like the WC2 Gul'dan WITH the skeleton horse. So next time, check ur fucking facts u retard or I'll have to out-warcraftgeek you again.

Level 2
I don't see why he couldn't use a horse? Gul'dan was a warlock, after all, and everyone knows what a lifetime of inhaling fel-smoke can do to your endurance.

Level 1
i don't now if somebody realize this but if you put him an aura always appears on top of his head