• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Throne (Hellscream) and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Throne (Hellscream) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Altar of Conquerors Info:

• Created an Altar building using the Hellscream Throne doodad.

• Uploaded.

Altar of Conquerors (Iron Horde) Info:
  • Created an Altar for the Iron Horde using a version of the Hellscream Throne.

• Fixed a bunch of the texture wrappings.

Keywords:
Grommash Hellscream

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Altar of Conquerors (Model)

Altar of Conquerors (Model)

Altar of Conquerors Button (Icon)

Reviews
15:35, 8th Apr 2013 Misha: You might have a few bad normals here.. could you tweak 'em? :) normals fixed, resource approved

M

15:35, 8th Apr 2013
Misha: You might have a few bad normals here.. could you tweak 'em? :)
normals fixed, resource approved

Level 10
not even true actually. prior to cata, there was no druidism in gilneas

You're wrong. Druidism existed within Gilneas prior to the Cataclysm. Due to the dreary conditions of the land, the farmers had to partake in simple nature magic to help grow crops. They called themselves harvest-witches, which are in term with druids.

Level 10
I'd like to say to Ultimata: for the love of God, you are amazing. These Gilnean models are fucking awesome. Please keep them coming. <3 Hopefully the Hive will get some proper Gilneas units aswell.

One question though: Will you make a building to substitute the Gryphon Aviary with? It feels iffy replacing it with the Druid Den.. Also, I don't think you'd want to make the model to resemble gryphons so much, since Gilneas doesn't use gryphons..

EDIT: And what about a Lumber Mill model? Is the Hall supposed to combine the Lumber Mill and Blacksmith?

Last edited:
Level 31
You're wrong. Druidism existed within Gilneas prior to the Cataclysm. Due to the dreary conditions of the land, the farmers had to partake in simple nature magic to help grow crops. They called themselves harvest-witches, which are in term with druids.

yes, but nature magic and druidism is different. druidism would refer to what the night elves use, which is a divine magic as it follows a religion (similiar to the light, even though theres no specific deity its a faith).

on the other hand, harvest witches use arcane magic, and do not follow a druidic faith, to manipulate nature. this exact example can be seen in normal mages, who can make fireballs and iceballs but are not shamans for using the elements, rather they use the arcane to manipulate it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^Interesting point.

@DaHomie: About the Gryphon Aviary, it really depends on what the "T3 Ownage Device" of the Gilneas Human race is. I know pretty much nothing about them, so what's the epitome of the culture? What's the big heavy-hitter, the most expensive or well-trained or coolest unit they would field in an army? That should come out.

~~~

On topic, I really like this one a lot. I mean, I'm all for retexturing a few models to look Gilnean, but I have to admit there are pretty... Monotone. "Human Barracks -> Gilnean Barracks", "Human Town Hall -> Gilnean Town Hall". This, however, is wicked schweet... Retexturing the Undead Crypt (and with a quick change of particles) really sells this as a true "Arcane Academy". Beautiful.

Level 48
@DaHomie: About the Gryphon Aviary, it really depends on what the "T3 Ownage Device" of the Gilneas Human race is. I know pretty much nothing about them, so what's the epitome of the culture? What's the big heavy-hitter, the most expensive or well-trained or coolest unit they would field in an army? That should come out.

Probably just a really big Worgen. Kind of like the Tauren. Unless this is meant to be pre-Cataclysm Gilneas.

EDIT: Or a big wolf\warg.

Level 10
^Interesting point.

~~~

On topic, I really like this one a lot. I mean, I'm all for retexturing a few models to look Gilnean, but I have to admit there are pretty... Monotone. "Human Barracks -> Gilnean Barracks", "Human Town Hall -> Gilnean Town Hall". This, however, is wicked schweet... Retexturing the Undead Crypt (and with a quick change of particles) really sells this as a true "Arcane Academy". Beautiful.

Come to think of it... Gilneas doesn't even have anything big in their ranks. The biggest things they have are galleons and ballistae.

If I had to think of any ideas for a Tier 3 building, it would be a prison complex/beastiary for Ettin. There are a good number of Ettin living in the mountains of Gilneas. The Gilneans have successfully captured a few and bind them with chains, and release them upon enemies, in this case being the Forsaken. So maybe Ultimata could make a sort of prison or holding facility for Ettin.

How I would imagine it looking would be maybe a building in Gilnean architecture, with an artificial cave dug into the front of the building with a gate in the mouth of it. That would be sort of a nod to the fact that they took the effort to make the enslaved Ettin feel "at home". You could have the occasional like bone fly out the gaps of the gate or even a pair of eyes staring out.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
It still says "The Demoness model is a highly modified version of the Watcher model" bellow the Author's Notes and Trivia :)
Nice model btw! "Black and evil" is something that you can rarely see among the default Warcraft 3 models

Last edited: