• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FrostRevenant

A revenant that uses frost.
Uses in-game textures, has portrait camera and animations.

Do not edit without my permission and give me credits if you use it.

Suggested art stats:
Blend Time - 0.3
Cast Point - 0.75
Run Speed - 200
Walk Speed - 200
Death Time - 7.9

Projectile Impact Z - 130
Projectile Launch X - -30
Projectile Launch Y - 100
Projectile Launch Z - 150

Damage Point - 0.6

Jan 03 2013 - made TC Plane that was visible during Stand Channel animation not visible.
Jan 08 2013 - fixes issue with not visible eyes(glow).

Link to Icon:

Keywords:
revenant, ice, ghost, living, armor
Contents

FrostRevenant (Model)

Reviews
21:57, 15th Jan 2013 -Grendel: nice mesh and animations. approved.

M

21:57, 15th Jan 2013
-Grendel: nice mesh and animations. approved.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Alright, after several months... Finally found some time to get into this. Let me just say, thanks. :p

~~~

First of all, the model is just great. I love me some Elementals, and some Undead, and the mixing of the two (in the Wc3 Universe, the Revenant) is just about the coolest thing ever. The crystal sword, the great shield (esp. with it's unique positioning), the great sash/robe, the detailed & beautiful armor, and especially the ethereal connective-ghosty-ness that so marks the Revenants (absolutely brilliant touch, giving it fingers).

I took the time to whip up a test-map & try the animations & such... Also very impressive. The spell animations were all great; Spell-Shield (revenant throwback), the sword-swirly-point, and a great idea for a Channel-anim (LITE-UP SHIELD LOOKS INTO YOUR SOUL). Attack Slam was a neat addition. Death really caught my eye, though; excellent re-imagining of the Revenant's armor-dropping death. **The only thing missing seemed to be the ghostly apparition flinging un-fettered spirit arms to the heavens, moaning softly... Did I just miss it?

It's models like this that really make it hard for me to stick to one concept or not keep adding heroes because 'COOL MODEL'. Great, thanks. :p

~~

But seriously, this was exciting on an entirely different level as well... You may have seen my thoughts on the Mini-Modelling Contest a while back (mostly here and there, though). I have realized recently that this is exactly (intentionally or unintentionally) what you are doing; taking simple in-game units and such and just creating epic Champions from them. The Werewolf is just like you said; a big, sentient, evil Wolf (similar proportions & characteristics). The same can be said for your Revenant; it's all the subtle and heroic differences that really mark this character as a "Hero" (spirit fingers, cooler shield & diff. position, crystal-ice sword, helmet & armor quality, robe, icon, animations, etc). And I can't get enough of it. :p

I'm not sure if you have any intentions of continuing this line (on purpose or otherwise) of modelling, but I for one would love to encourage/support it. Heck, either of these models would've been serious contenders for the contest I was suggesting (esp. if it was a "Creep -> Champion" contest, specifically).

Even if I can't find a place for this guy (*sniff*), I have been inspired. Let me know if you want any ideas or critique; there's a lot you and I could do together.

//EDIT
Attached my test-map. Turns out the Lich is a... wait for it... Dead Ringer for the job! (+ Critical Strike for Attack Slam, + Kel'thuzad soundset for coolness) :D

Attachments

• TEST - Frost Revenant.w3x
    123.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: