• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fountain

Simple decoration for towns, cities and squares.

Keywords:
Fountain
Contents

Fountain (Model)

Reviews
13:50, 22nd Jul 2014 MiniMage: Good looking fountain. Approved.

M

13:50, 22nd Jul 2014
MiniMage: Good looking fountain. Approved.

Level 20
I love it ;), the model looks great! 4/5

Yup i agree with Heinvers that you should make the waterfall abit more transparent since its kinda odd when the water in the fountain is transparent and the waterfall is not (arcording to the viewer).

I suggest that you make a small "XY Quad" particle at the bottom of each waterfall with WaterWake texture, that'd be better imo.

Last edited:
Level 14
I really like this! and think it just needs a bit more work.

something to Fix is that the file size could be reduced by fixing a few (sadly to say) sloppy mistakes. the spheres on the corners seem to have faces on their insides which could be deleted, and the gray planes on the insides of the tubes could be done with one flat square which would cut 2 polys off each one. The circular parts that are in between the platforms and the rectangular supports between the bottom and mid platform also have faces on the insides.

while I am no expert, I think all of these add to the file size.

(if I am wrong, than its a good thing and I continue to learn ^_^)

{Edit} learned of double sided textures.... : )

Last edited:
This is really great. It has some minor issues but they're not noticable when it's at an appropriate size in-game. The waterfalls aren't transparent, while the water at the bottom is. When viewed from a straight-on angle, the waterfalls on either side disappear (because they're flat). You could fix this by using twice as many polygons in a folded shape (just for the waterfalls, it would probably add 1-4 KB), OR by using billboards, but increased polygons would mean unnecessary file size, and I'm not sure how the water would look with billboarded animated textures. It's worth a try, though. The sides of the inner bottom piece of the fountain's wrap are stretched. There are probably some other minor issues as well, I just took a quick look at it.

Still, it's really nice, I love that you actually made a fountain instead of editing one. 4/5, one of the best fountains I've seen.

Last edited: