• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortification wall

I made this for a wall system a while ago. I wanted to have buildable and walkable walls (via triggers) with different animations for each level of destruction:

-Undamaged (Stand)
-Damaged with destroyed battlement (Stand upgade first)
-Destroyed with only the destructed base remaining (Stand upgade second)

But when building the walls on uneven ground the walls have different hights that doesn't look that good. Thus, this works only on completely flat terrain (ugly).
If anybody knows a good solution, please give a comment how to do this. :)

I also will attach a test map, where you can see how the model is intended to work (with some rudimentary triggers).

The model only uses ingame textures (for low filesize) and has a portrait camera, team colour, the standard animations (Stand/Birth/Death/Decay) and two upgrade levels.

Updates:
-Changed the texture unwrap of the wooden wall walk
-Added an underground base
-Fixed animations by using GeosetAnims instead of scalings
-Changed animation names of undamaged and destroyed version for easier use as doodad
-Dust now correctly disappears at the end of the animations

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modifie it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
fortification, wall, stone, building, structure, medieval, age,
Contents

Fortification wall (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Good old memories about the game Stronghold arise when I see this model. Might be very useful for castle maps and generic medieval games. Works in-game and performs well. (You might want to create a diagonal piece, a corner piece and...

M

Moderation: 12:57, 10th August 2011
Frankster :
Good old memories about the game Stronghold arise when I see this model.
Might be very useful for castle maps and generic medieval games.
Works in-game and performs well.
(You might want to create a diagonal piece, a corner piece and maybe a tower. I could also think of a pathing texture.

Level 4
But when building the walls on uneven ground the walls get tillted in different directions what looks really bad. Thus, this works only on completely flat terrain (ugly).
dont wanna sound like a wiseass but you can change this in the object editor.

Level 2
Bueno soy Argentino y amo esta pagina voy a comentar en español quizas no me entiendan nada pero bueno :| , sinceramente me encanto tu modelo muy origuinalo y muy util para mapas me encanto ^^ lo voy a probar gracias por subirlo!

Level 5
This is avery nice model :) nice use of player colour. but the texture of the wood of the upper floor doesnt loop when u build a lot :( it looks bad on that part, I recommend you use wooden plank textures to improve this :)

Level 15
Bueno soy Argentino y amo esta pagina voy a comentar en español quizas no me entiendan nada pero bueno :| , sinceramente me encanto tu modelo muy origuinalo y muy util para mapas me encanto ^^ lo voy a probar gracias por subirlo!

No es de mala onda, pero esta prohibido comentar en castellano u.u (porque no nos entienden jaja) Yo también soy Argentino :p
Podés traducir lo que querés decir con el traductor de google ^^

--------------------------------- (Just making a translation)

Well, I'm Argentinian and I love this website, I will comment in Spanish. Maybe you don't understand me :| but hey I honestly love your model. It is very original and very useful for many maps. I loved it. ^^ I'll try it. Thanks for uploading!

It's not to be not cool, but it is forbidden to comment in castilian u.u (because they can't understand us hehe) I am also Argentinian :p
You can translate what you want to say with the Google translator ^^

Thanks for the comments. :thumbs_up:

Set the walls to have a specific height level, and give them an underground base, as Warcraft III buildings already do.

Giving it a bigger underground base by making the tower go deeper into the ground wouldn't be a problem, but what do you mean with 'specific height level' and how can I do that? (You don't mean anything with flight hight, as building can't use that, or?)

but the texture of the wood of the upper floor doesnt loop when u build a lot :( it looks bad on that part, I recommend you use wooden plank textures to improve this :)

Will look into this.

Level 11
It will be more usable along with more models with similar animations, so this will
need a corner models and different angles, a tower model and maybe also a gate model.

Anyways I really love this model, defensive maps really needs it :thumbs_up:

Could you perhaps make a Horde style quivalent?

I'm making a map with a large Orc city and would appreciate this greatly. Thanks.

Sorry, probably won't do other styled equivalents of this for now, as i first want to finish the models for this wall system and still have a looooong list of models I wanted to make, ... but not enough the time do it. :grin:

Level 3
How do you turn this model
i am making a strategy game that is like warcraft only better with better models and i would like to use this for wall but it will onlly be real good once i know how to turn it 3/5 till u have the way to turn it labeled

Level 1
Might ask a pretty stupid question, excuse me, I'm a bit new in warcraft 3 map making world, but, I've attempted to settle up a wall building, still, after I've made the object it displays me in the world editor, and warcraft 3, just the version of the crashed one.

The testing map crashes for me when I open it.

Strange. I tested the uploaded map and also with the normal TFT editor (1.24e) it didn't crash or anything. Do you have the newest version? And if you mean it shows errors when saving and then crashes - that's because you need a compiler for vJass, like it's implemented in the NewGen WE.

Level 9
Strange. I tested the uploaded map and also with the normal TFT editor (1.24e) it didn't crash or anything. Do you have the newest version? And if you mean it shows errors when saving and then crashes - that's because you need a compiler for vJass, like it's implemented in the NewGen WE.

I have the normal editor running on 1.26 patch. And I just can't open the map, that isn't a problem of saving...

I have the normal editor running on 1.26 patch. And I just can't open the map, that isn't a problem of saving...

Sry for the late respond. I updated my Wc3 to 1.26 and it still is working. :grin:
You have the Frozen Throne on 1.26, right? Try to open it by starting the editor and then click open map and select the map. If not, do other maps work for your editor? And do you have any modifications or the standard one?

Level 9
Sry for the late respond. I updated my Wc3 to 1.26 and it still is working. :grin:
You have the Frozen Throne on 1.26, right? Try to open it by starting the editor and then click open map and select the map. If not, do other maps work for your editor? And do you have any modifications or the standard one?

Yes I'm on 1.26, all the maps work, and this is the standard editor :thumbs_up:
I tryed by clicking on open map and that still doesn"t work. It's strange...

Yes I'm on 1.26, all the maps work, and this is the standard editor :thumbs_up:
I tryed by clicking on open map and that still doesn"t work. It's strange...

Really strange indeed. Do you get any error message and does it crash instantly or during the loading of units, doodads,... whatever? Can you play the map by starting it through Wc3? And do you have all graphic settings on high?
I attached the map to this post with a shorter name and a much older version for testing. Try to open them and tell me what happens.

Attachments

• FWPM2.23.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 82
  • Fortification Wall Presentation Map 1.03.w3x
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
Level 9
Really strange indeed. Do you get any error message and does it crash instantly or during the loading of units, doodads,... whatever? Can you play the map by starting it through Wc3? And do you have all graphic settings on high?
I attached the map to this post with a shorter name and a much older version for testing. Try to open them and tell me what happens.

The maps crashes during doodads loading (at 200/1255) and I can't play the map with wc3. My graphic settings are close to the maximum (models graphics are at the highest).

Then the map with a shorter name craches at the same point than the original but the older one works good (incredible =P!!!).

Thanks for your help even if this version isn't complete, your wall system looks very nice ^^!

The maps crashes during doodads loading (at 200/1255) and I can't play the map with wc3. My graphic settings are close to the maximum (models graphics are at the highest).

Then the map with a shorter name craches at the same point than the original but the older one works good (incredible =P!!!).

Thanks for your help even if this version isn't complete, your wall system looks very nice ^^!

Ok, then it probably crashes for you because of the high res tree doodads. I made a version for you where I replaced them with standard models so may open it. The older map I gave you was just for testing if you can open my maps at all. It's very different from the current state of the system. :grin:

Attachments

• FWPMwhrt.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 108
Level 9
Ok, then it probably crashes for you because of the high res tree doodads. I made a version for you where I replaced them with standard models so may open it. The older map I gave you was just for testing if you can open my maps at all. It's very different from the current state of the system. :grin:

Hallelujah! I can open the map and play it through WE!

Thanks a lot, and congratulations for your map/models :grin:

Level 5
hi man i love the system that you have made but i have a problem.when i resize the map i get an error. basically every time i do something i get an error.
and i want to make an openrpg map and i cant even delete the main cinematic code without any problem...so if you are kind to make a large map with just the wall system and the castle models. i will happy!!!!! :grin: thanks bro!

Level 3
Wow what a great wall mod! Im trying to use it in my brand new helms deep for the deeping wall but am having trouble with the team color as a doodad. I think it presets to red when i want the team color to remain black. Any tips???

Level 4
I want to use this model as a destrucible and play its "death upgrade first" animation by triggers. However, it keeps looping the smoke effect at the end. (all models from the pack do) Is there anything you can do to change that?
Besides that its a really awesome and useful model.