• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Shadeweaver

A powerful, mysterious mercenary hero, carrying a massive Halberd. Specializing in large-scale combat, the Shadeweaver has access to dark magicks, capable of staining his skin black, and increasing his size a considerable amount. In his Shade form, the hero is able to swing his Halberd with ease, and take the brunt of any attacks directed at him or his allies.

As he levels up, the Shadeweaver has access to a number of abilities, including:
A taunt, to draw fire from his allies - Spell/Spell Alternate
A strike capable of knocking an enemy directly infront of him, into the air - Spell Throw/Spell Throw Alternate
An AOE damage ability, slicing through any nearby enemy units, and slowing them briefly - Spell Slam/ Spell Slam Alternate
Shade Form, as described above.

As with all my models, feel free to edit and use this model, so long as I get credit for my work.

Keywords:
Forest, Troll, Demon, Hunter, Monster, Transform, Dark, Black, Shade, Orc, Horde, Creep, Mercenary, Bandit, Hero, Tank, Chieftain
Contents

Forest Troll Shadeweaver (Model)

Reviews
19:59, 31st Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Sick. I like it.
Level 24
Now we're talking, although the shoulderplates could look a little more trollish.

Two things I probably should have mentioned earlier:
First, the Wildland Race is a group of former creeps and mercenaries, rallying under a united banner. Constantly under attack by both the Horde and Alliance, in their regular power struggles, the races have come together, to throw their own weight around, and protect themselves. My Forest Trolls are descended from the mercenary types that can and have been hired from Mercenary Camps, and as such, are not as barbaric as the Amani Tribe.

Second, the picture I provided honestly isn't enough to cover everything about the Shadeweaver. For example, his hero glow being turned black, or how his blade glows during every attack and spell.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Vermillion Edict said:
A powerful, mysterious mercenary hero, carrying a massive Halberd. Specializing in large-scale combat, the Shadeweaver has access to dark magicks, capable of staining his skin black, and increasing his size a considerable amount. In his Shade form, the hero is able to swing his Halberd with ease, and take the brunt of any attacks directed at him or his allies.

As he levels up, the Shadeweaver has access to a number of abilities, including:
A taunt, to draw fire from his allies - Spell/Spell Alternate
A strike capable of knocking an enemy directly infront of him, into the air - Spell Throw/Spell Throw Alternate
An AOE damage ability, slicing through any nearby enemy units, and slowing them briefly - Spell Slam/ Spell Slam Alternate
Shade Form, as described above.

As with all my models, feel free to edit and use this model, so long as I get credit for my work.

~~~

Two things I probably should have mentioned earlier:
First, the Wildland Race is a group of former creeps and mercenaries, rallying under a united banner. Constantly under attack by both the Horde and Alliance, in their regular power struggles, the races have come together, to throw their own weight around, and protect themselves. My Forest Trolls are descended from the mercenary types that can and have been hired from Mercenary Camps, and as such, are not as barbaric as the Amani Tribe.

Second, the picture I provided honestly isn't enough to cover everything about the Shadeweaver. For example, his hero glow being turned black, or how his blade glows during every attack and spell.

This is a rather impressive piece 'o' work, mate. I think, aside from 1 major issue, it's your best WA character so far.

I love the face. The face! Hosting the last Modelling Contest really has taught me that Heroes, to be Heroic, must not only have big armor, flashy SFX and cool weapons, but they must have a FACE. A personality, a character. In a world where Troll faces are so hard to craft uniquely, this guy stands out quite nicely. Love the tusks, the paint, etc.

The stance & animations are rather nice, as well. Personal favorites are that Death (so nice and ironic; finally another suicide outside of the pansy Demon Hunter :p); the Spell Slam (the whirling blades); and how all the Alternate anims really capture that feel of "might" (i.e. he's one-hand-wielding the previously-two-handed weapon, swinging it about with nary a care). Very nice (cool Morph too).

I think my biggest/only concern with this model is the weapon. Yes, I'm sure you meant for it to look exactly the way it does... But I would strongly consider modifying it. Thing is, it's HUGE. And not HUGE like 'normal' WARCRAFT HUGE, but more like "Final Fantasy/obviously-oversized" HUGE. I mean, even the texture makes it clear that it's merely a small sword resized to look big, and the user can tell. :< I'm all for having a huge-awexome halberd of destructive proportions, but not when it looks like a dagger given a growth serum. :p
That being said, Blizzard has some examples of "weapons meant to convey hugeness", such as the Tauren Chieftain's halberd, or the Pit Lord's ... dual-bladed thing. Perhaps try to modify just the blade in this fashion, and I feel the whole model will benefit as a result.

However, I still think this model is great. Looking forward to more!