• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Pillager

Reactions: deepstrasz
Another Forest Troll, for a race I'm currently calling the 'Wildland Alliance'. Acting as the Footsoldier for this group, the Pillager has pilfered his armor from corpses and caravans, scavenging the very best of what he could find.

Essentially, the Pillager is mainly a one-on-one fighter, able to be upgraded to do slight AOE damage on hit, and activate a temporary armor boost. With their massive swords, the Pillagers are a force to be reckoned with when confronted on the battlefield.

Feel free to use or edit this model as much as you like, so long as I'm given credit for my work.

Keywords:
Forest Troll, Troll, Footman, Grunt, Raider, Pillager, Warrior, Fighter, Soldier, Knight, Horde, Green
Contents

Forest Troll Pillager (Model)

Reviews
19:52, 31st Jan 2014 Kwaliti: The animations seem a bit funky but it's nevertheless a useful model.

M

19:52, 31st Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

The animations seem a bit funky but it's nevertheless a useful model.

Level 24
This guy looks more like an orc, trolls are generally skinnier, taller, have diffrent faces and longer ears. It looks nice though.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Very interesting idea; a basic 'Footman'-type unit that has scavenged armor.

I really like how you work with custom animations; while many modellers can get pretty creative mixing & matching animation sets, you ultimately see the same thing again and again. This guy really catches my interest in that way.
(I especially love Death, Attack-Slam, and that sweet Spell anim; that could seriously make a cool "Jumping" spell for this guy (just like the AoM Egyptian Anubites)

I'm a little off-put by his proportions (I get what you're saying about "cultural/class-based dimorphism", and I respect that, but it's a little weird to use), and the armor... Meh, I guess it's a personal choice. It seems a little too nice/shiny/uniform to be "scavenged armor"; perhaps messier/broken armor, and/or a variety of types (some leather, some chainmail, some plate; definitely some asymmetry).

Neat flavor text; it's the little touches that count.